Price 165.00 a tire

Or

Yokohama All season high performance
    Treadwear: 560
    Traction: a
    Temp: a
    Price 153.00
    These are on my car now
    I have no idea what service dest means it says 95w for thesea and 91v for cont.

Or

Nanking ns2 high performance all season
    Treadwear: 480
    Traction a
    Temp a
    Price 104.00
    91v see dest

Or

Mile star
    Treadwear 540
    Traction a
    Temp a
    Price 104
    95V

If anyone can help me figure this out is greatly appreciate this as this is def not my area of expertise!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    What type of vehicle are these going on?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    What type of vehicle are these going on?
    x2

. . .

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Lol choosing tires is like making a diet. We need stats

ElectraMaddox is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    2005 Mazda Rx8 shinka edition

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Lol that's funny

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectraMaddox View Post
    2005 Mazda Rx8 shinka edition
    And I took you for a pickup truck kind of girl My best advice is get the best you can afford.Stay away from off brands.and depending where you live all season is the best bet.Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    And I took you for a pickup truck kind of girl My best advice is get the best you can afford.Stay away from off brands.and depending where you live all season is the best bet.Good luck.
    Quite the opposite, I look super feminine but athletic and I being active and getting dirty time to time but I have way more heels than sneakers for sure. Lol. Thanks for the info though.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quite the opposite, I look super feminine but athletic and I being active and getting dirty time to time but I have way more heels than sneakers for sure. Lol. Thanks for the info though.
    I was teasing a bad habit of mine.Ask Lunk

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Go to tirerack.com They will list reviews from people with your same car and what tires they used which is very important. Getting a review of a tire from someone who owns a different car is almost useless.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

fukngruvn is offline Associate Member
    Out of the four you posted, Yoko is the best choice. Stay away from the Chinese tires, so no Nankang or Mile Star. They have poor performance and reliability. Continental is overpriced for what you get. If you don't mind paying a bit extra, Michelin makes some great performance tires. Check out the Pilot Super Sport.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Go to tirerack.com They will list reviews from people with your same car and what tires they used which is very important. Getting a review of a tire from someone who owns a different car is almost useless.
    i agree, different tires perform better on different types of car

Also do live in an area where you need all season tires?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I'm a big fan of yokohamas. That's all I ever put on my first truck. They were over sized and off and more aggressive on the tread though. I don't have any experience with them on a car. I did have one incident where the outer rim tread blew off the wheel while I was driving but the tire stayed inflated. It was worn out though( beyond the point of safe).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fukngruvn View Post
    Out of the four you posted, Yoko is the best choice. Stay away from the Chinese tires, so no Nankang or Mile Star. They have poor performance and reliability. Continental is overpriced for what you get. If you don't mind paying a bit extra, Michelin makes some great performance tires. Check out the Pilot Super Sport.
    I have yoko now, it was that or Goodyear I came down too. The other reviews weren't as good

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZthedestroyer View Post
    I'm a big fan of yokohamas. That's all I ever put on my first truck. They were over sized and off and more aggressive on the tread though. I don't have any experience with them on a car. I did have one incident where the outer rim tread blew off the wheel while I was driving but the tire stayed inflated. It was worn out though( beyond the point of safe).
    That happened with yoko?

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Didnt actually read all the replies other than you have an RX8... what would you like the tires to do for you? Performance based or just roll and keep the rims off the road? Ive actually written reviews for a couple of the major brands but mainly in the top level performance category and then the odd ones for regular road tires as well as winters.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Your problem is going with all season tires.. It's the poor mans way out. Get winter tires or summer tires there's no happy medium. I personally hate all seasons if you couldn't tell..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soar View Post
    Your problem is going with all season tires.. It's the poor mans way out. Get winter tires or summer tires there's no happy medium. I personally hate all seasons if you couldn't tell..
    All season ultra high performance tires for my car from Goodyear are 200.00 bucks a piece I checked the ratings on a few different sites they are in the 9 plus out of 10 category.

I looked up what the letter rating systems and they are the highest performance level for my tire And the traction and tread ratings are high too. Where I live I have to have all season tires.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectraMaddox

That happened with yoko?
    Yes, but keep in mind I was not very nice to these tires. I had a big 4x4 and was willing to take that sucker through anything. I lived on a gravel road so I spent many days throwing gravel and sliding around like crazy. I also burned out quite a bit. Nothing like spinning all four tires at once. Made my way through several rocky creeks and muddy fields.

Just a side note: I was in high school at the time so all of this was perfectly acceptable lol! The good ol days!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Didnt actually read all the replies other than you have an RX8... what would you like the tires to do for you? Performance based or just roll and keep the rims off the road? Ive actually written reviews for a couple of the major brands but mainly in the top level performance category and then the odd ones for regular road tires as well as winters.
    Performance tires for sure

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    x2

Tires are just about the most important safety feature of any early model cars. Like songdog says get the best. You do pay a lot for them, however it could save you in the end, literally.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZthedestroyer View Post
    Yes, but keep in mind I was not very nice to these tires. I had a big 4x4 and was willing to take that sucker through anything. I lived on a gravel road so I spent many days throwing gravel and sliding around like crazy. I also burned out quite a bit. Nothing like spinning all four tires at once. Made my way through several rocky creeks and muddy fields.

Just a side note: I was in high school at the time so all of this was perfectly acceptable lol! The good ol days!
    Lol understood

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scabtree View Post
    x2

Tires are just about the most important safety feature of any early model cars. Like songdog says get the best. You do pay a lot for them, however it could save you in the end, literally.
    That's how I was rationalizing it I just want to make sure I'm doing my research before buying garbage bc of a name

i've used goodyear eagle f1's on my benz and hatted them. My P-Zero's are alot better all around
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 01-24-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soar View Post
    Your in Canada the area she lives doesnt require 2 sets of tires.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1;635***7
    i've used goodyear eagle f1's on my benz and hatted them. My P-Zero's are alot better all around
    Those were the ones I was thinking about and idk I got it down to that and the yokos I already have on my other tires. I know for a fact I have to have all season tires bc of the weather and terrain in my area in different conditions.

for performance the f1 sucked, the traction off the line was less and i def wasnt as confident going into a corner hard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1;635***8
    Your in Canada the area she lives doesnt require 2 sets of tires.
    Yeah I just need enough traction bc its rear wheel drive and for the bad weather and I typically drive locally so I don't see why I would need summer and winter tires. I think I would pick winter tires if I had to choose but all season tires just makes sense plus I'm close to everything I need

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    for performance the f1 sucked, the traction off the line was less and i def wasnt as confident going into a corner hard.
    So I guess the yokos are it then.... The other one you have I haven't heard of

they are pirelli's

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    I don't like Three Season radials much. I really like the Michelin X-Ice for winter; they are crazy good. In the summer fall, anything from Michelin, Bridgestone, sometimes Goodyear. The crazy thing is they are so expensive and so often replaced.

You seem to be doing your research on it, and in the right direction.

moseley2004 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fukngruvn
    90% of tyres now come out of china. Whether they yoko Michelin even Pirelli come outta there

Blog Entries
    What I'm looking for at this point is quality of the tire, I want something that is durable, I want high performance or ultra high performance tires anything from v,w,y,z for ser desc , I want 91 or 95 v-z for the amount of weight it can tolerate I'm leaning towards 95 b.c I keep an entire kit in my trunk and I usually have people in my car and on the highway I'm usually at 70 to 80 mph so I know that's the range I need to be in to get the most from my tires because I looked up what all those symbols meant. The Treadwear is relative to the company so I can't cross reference those. Now looking at tires that meet those specs. Is what I'm trying to decide on. See, they are all with in a 10 to 15 dollar range in difference but they all meet what I'm looking for. So at this point is comes down to brand, which brand and am I getting the most for my money? That's where I'm having an issue deciding...

Performance tires for sure
    if its summer performance, the Bridgestone RE11 is the hands down winner. I cleaned up in the Time Attack challenge in 2011 using one set of these tires for the entire season(and driving to the track and home on them). We also run them on our One Lap of America Cars and last year we were running in 4th (out of 79 teams) until a roadside accident between tracks.

A close 2nd place would be the Hankook RS3 or Kumho XS

A lot of guys ran the Pilot Cups and Cup II's and while they are an amazing tire, they are way over priced and wear way too fast

Other great tires are the Dunlop Starspec. Not the same overall grip, but last a VERY long time.

These are all based on pushing these tires to the limits and then beyond on a track setting... For good road use, and I know people will laugh, I love the Sumitomo HTR ZII if you can get them in your size. They last a long time, are great in the dry and wet and dont chunk when driven hard. Definitely not the same overall grip as the above tires, but when you look at the price difference, it makes a lot of sense. I actually use this tire on my drift cars...

and on a side note, the high price of the Bridgestone RE11 is offset by how long they last. Guys would buy a $30-50/tire cheaper tire but have to buy 2 sets to finish the season...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    if its summer performance, the Bridgestone RE11 is the hands down winner. I cleaned up in the Time Attack challenge in 2011 using one set of these tires for the entire season(and driving to the track and home on them). We also run them on our One Lap of America Cars and last year we were running in 4th (out of 79 teams) until a roadside accident between tracks.

A close 2nd place would be the Hankook RS3 or Kumho XS

A lot of guys ran the Pilot Cups and Cup II's and while they are an amazing tire, they are way over priced and wear way too fast

Other great tires are the Dunlop Starspec. Not the same overall grip, but last a VERY long time.

These are all based on pushing these tires to the limits and then beyond on a track setting... For good road use, and I know people will laugh, I love the Sumitomo HTR ZII if you can get them in your size. They last a long time, are great in the dry and wet and dont chunk when driven hard. Definitely not the same overall grip as the above tires, but when you look at the price difference, it makes a lot of sense. I actually use this tire on my drift cars...
    I'll def look to see if they have it in my size thank you!

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Stay miles away from the Nangkangs anyway they are utter crap. And are more akin to solid rubber than actual tyres all the skidders over here use them for messing as they never wear and haven't got great grip.

The tyre I can recommend personally from using about 3 set of them on my own cars is Bridgestones RE050A's they are older than their newer range but very good and can be a bit a cheaper due to them being a couple of years old. They have great wear and low road noise and great in the wet or dry.

What size wheels are you looking into?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Stay miles away from the Nangkangs anyway they are utter crap. And are more akin to solid rubber than actual tyres all the skidders over here use them for messing as they never wear and haven't got great grip.

The tyre I can recommend personally from using about 3 set of them on my own cars is Bridgestones RE050A's they are older than their newer range but very good and can be a bit a cheaper due to them being a couple of years old. They have great wear and low road noise and great in the wet or dry.

What size wheels are you looking into?
    225/45/18

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Stay miles away from the Nangkangs anyway they are utter crap.
    I got Nankangs on my z28 < No problems at all so far.

Nankangs I like, the Sunny's are the true crap.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I got Nankangs on my z28 < No problems at all so far.

Nankangs I like, the Sunny's are the true crap.
    Where are you based? In the heat they are not so bad but in any cold climate because of their make up they do not really work over this side of the world but wear ok.

Ohh god sunnys are def ditch finders.

@ EM that's not a bad size should be common enough, wonder can you get them online I know over this side of the world there are some great deals to be had online.

Thread Information