Smiley619 is offline Member

Manti Te'o and future homosexuality

Just watching Sportscenter and the guy behind the whole Te'o thing was interviewed for the first time by Doc Phil. Then I started to wonder... If you have a person who "fell in love" with a girl who ended up being a man, do you think they are more susceptible to homosexual curiosity?? I mean after all you fell in love with this person whom you've never met based off intimate conversations and sharing of personal things. The guy behind the prank is obviously homosexual, but what about Te'o?? What do you think??

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    I hear where you are coming from but don't think Te'o is gay. I think he is certainly naive but not gay. The guy who was behind it actually referred to the female he was impersonating and Te'o as "them" and referred to the girl he was impersonating by her name. He had been doing a pretty damn good job of creating a whole different identity if he was able to hook Te'o for that long. Still though, something is wrong with Te'o for getting hooked like that.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    I don't think he's flat out gay either BUT just the fact the he fell for this person purely through their communication is just odd. He fell in love with a man at the end of the day. But you're def right on how naive he is/was. I couldn't even imagine being the star football player at a major university and carrying on a long distance relationship with a person who i never seen in person. Not even so much as a web cam! With all the technology at his disposal I just don't understand how he could be had like that. Mind blowing.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley619 View Post
    I don't think he's flat out gay either BUT just the fact the he fell for this person purely through their communication is just odd. He fell in love with a man at the end of the day. But you're def right on how naive he is/was. I couldn't even imagine being the star football player at a major university and carrying on a long distance relationship with a person who i never seen in person. Not even so much as a web cam! With all the technology at his disposal I just don't understand how he could be had like that. Mind blowing.
    No he didn't. He fell in love with a fantasy woman. If you think it's odd you should watch "Catfish, the TV series" on MTV. It happens more often than you think.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    He claimed to have met her. His family claimed to have met her. Never attempted a visit while she had leukemia, or her funeral, and claimed to have learned it was a hoax months after those "events"?? The guy was in on it the whole time.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I fell in love with Haz over the Internet.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    I feel the man who pulled this prank is very lucky he picked on tao. As someone else would have so easily out right killed him for all this embarrassment. It has happened several times in the past with female impersonators who pick up straight guys making them think they are women and then later the guys finding out and going postal and killing them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I fell in love with Haz over the Internet.
    Your one step ahead of me as I just fell in lust with him so far... But what a lust it is. Most of my underwear are still stuck to the ceiling...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Your one step ahead of me as I just fell in lust with him so far... But what a lust it is. Most of my underwear are still stuck to the ceiling...
    Boxers or briefs?
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

Boxers or briefs?
    Commando
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Commando
    That means stalactites hanging from the ceiling like a man cave.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley619 View Post
    For the sake of argument that it wasn't all a hoax he invented and that this story was actually true. He didn't fall for a guy. He really didn't even fall for a real girl either. He invented a character in his mind that he ended up falling for. It's definitely fvcking weird and possibly crazy, but not gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    For the sake of argument that it wasn't all a hoax he invented and that this story was actually true. He didn't fall for a guy. He really didn't even fall for a real girl either. He invented a character in his mind that he ended up falling for. It's definitely fvcking weird and possibly crazy, but not gay.
    Yeah I'm looking forward to watching ole man Dr Phill tomorrow to see this guy who said he was the woman that was in love with tao...Should be a wild show. And your right how on earth could you have an affair with an online screen name and an avi. Well now I think about it never mind on that one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Yeah I'm looking forward to watching ole man Dr Phill tomorrow to see this guy who said he was the woman that was in love with tao...Should be a wild show. And your right how on earth could you have an affair with an online screen name and an avi. Well now I think about it never mind on that one.....
    One of these days you're going to win the Megabucks and Haz is going to sue you for sexual harassment.. hahahahh

One of these days you're going to win the Megabucks and Haz is going to sue you for sexual harassment.. hahahahh
    That's ok cause then I can afford to pay for both his sex and the harassment...lol

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I had a friend met a girl on a message board and they spoke for like 6 months on the phone. Kid was totally head over heels. A good looking guy succesful in his mid 20's and then she was outed on the board as being a heffer. I could not believe it. He used to send me pictures of this girl and she was smoking. They got so into conversation so deep. This kid was ****ed up for a little while

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    He claimed to have met her. His family claimed to have met her. Never attempted a visit while she had leukemia, or her funeral, and claimed to have learned it was a hoax months after those "events"?? The guy was in on it the whole time.
    I think that he claimed to have met her because he was embarrassed to say that he was dating a girl who he only had internet/phone relationship with. I've gone back and forth on my thoughts as to whether he was in on it or not. I think that growing up LDS, he didn't have many dating experiences and he was just naive.

The funeral was supposedly at 7am... how did no one know something was up then? Teo's excused for not going to her funeral was that "she" had insisted Te'o not miss a game/practice to attend the funeral. I know that if my girlfriend died, my whole world would be at a standstill and the last thing that I would be worried about was playing a football game.

So Te'o is either a complete idiot or he is a totally piece of shit. With all of the technology, if someone doesn't want to meet in person or Skype at the very minimum, you have to know something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    I think that he claimed to have met her because he was embarrassed to say that he was dating a girl who he only had internet/phone relationship with. I've gone back and forth on my thoughts as to whether he was in on it or not. I think that growing up LDS, he didn't have many dating experiences and he was just naive.

The funeral was supposedly at 7am... how did no one know something was up then? Teo's excused for not going to her funeral was that "she" had insisted Te'o not miss a game/practice to attend the funeral. I know that if my girlfriend died, my whole world would be at a standstill and the last thing that I would be worried about was playing a football game.

So Te'o is either a complete idiot or he is a totally piece of shit. With all of the technology, if someone doesn't want to meet in person or Skype at the very minimum, you have to know something is up.
    He was a Heisman candidate though. And she was just an e-girlfriend. I could understand not wanting to miss a practice. But yeah he could at least Skype her. Every laptop made today has a webcam built-in.

He was a Heisman candidate though. And she was just an e-girlfriend. I could understand not wanting to miss a practice. But yeah he could at least Skype her. Every laptop made today has a webcam built-in.
    Lol, an e-girlfriend. They apparently "loved" each other though. It's all fvcking shady and weird. If only Teo would have watched catfish before he got into this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP806

This whole situation is very odd. In interviews this guy comes off as naive but the inconsistency in her being seen by him/family members is disturbing. I dunno and it doesn't impact me.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    Lol, an e-girlfriend. They apparently "loved" each other though. It's all fvcking shady and weird. If only Teo would have watched catfish before he got into this.
    I kind of feel bad for Teo. After all is said and done, he's only going to be remembered for being the dude who lied about having an e-girlfriend. I really don't get why a college football star would even want to have a girlfriend, much less an e-girlfriend. You know how much poon those guys can pull at their universities? Last thing in the world I'd want to be is tied down.... I think it's totally an attention scam.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    This whole situation is very odd. In interviews this guy comes off as naive but the inconsistency in her being seen by him/family members is disturbing. I dunno and it doesn't impact me.
    I think it's odd too. I wish I knew the guy, I would've made fun of him relentlessly.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    There is so much missing from this story. I also was wondering how the dad could say he met her on a few occasions and supposibally she even attended some games. There is a big part of me that thinks this was all made up to boost his spot in the draft and have a great sympathy story in the media.

Thread Information