Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Stamps

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    My family had to use food stamps. Does that mean you should take us all out back and shoot us?
    No the sentence is 30 lashing in Marcus's S&M dungeon

Food Stamps-374173_228523610559076_427192192_n.jpeg

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    I think the rubber hose will suffice in getting the point across..................
    Now that made me laugh...lol

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Ok ok I may have entered my opinion prematurely. I was just heated because I can sometimes take offense when government programs are critisized since I have used some. And we were on food stamps and fuel assistance for about 4 months. Then I re-joined the National Guard for affordable health care and extra benefits.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    I'm with songdog. I feel the foodstamp program should be regulated in a similar fashion as the WIC program. It shouldn't cover things like chips, soda, cakes, and junk foods that are only adding to the obesity epidemic.

If this were the case I don't think the people that are actually in need of help would complain as long as they were able to put food on the table for the family.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    not true, group employer plans are not based on the health of the employee's. Its base on how many employees work their. zipcodes and of course the policy picked.
    Not individualy...but as a whole premiums increase due to rising health care costs. You dont think that if a group has a cpl of long term cancer treatment members that it influences premium costs?

The more high risk ppl on a plan the higher thos costs. Obviously this is why some businesses push for health programs...to keep health care costs low!

DB1982 is offline Member
    Here something to ponder.

A close friends of mine she is 24yr old has three kids no bf.
    She receives $750 each month on her EBT card that's right $750 a month for food.
    Her apartment and all utilities are paid for by the government.
    She just got done going to to community college which the government paid for too.
    She Finally got a job a couple months ago. Then the government said she had to start covering part of her rent $230 of it to be exact.
    Her response was why should she have to spend her hard earned money on her rent.
    So she called her case worker for assistance to say she felt that her money is HER money and now that she works they're (government) trying to take it from her. (To cover more of her apartment rent).
    The case worker said then quit your job and the government will cover everything.

To top it all off she just filed her taxes and is getting a return of a little over $10,000 and barely paid a dime in taxes.

She is only one of the millions of people doing this BS across our country. And it needs better regulations.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by DB1982

She receives $750 each month on her EBT card that's right $750 a month for food.
    She just got done going to to community college which the government paid for too.
    She Finally got a job a couple months ago. Then the government said she had to start covering part of her rent $230 of it to be exact.
    Her response was why should she have to spend her hard earned money on her rent.
    So she called her case worker for assistance to say she felt that her money is HER money and now that she works they're (government) trying to take it from her. (To cover more of her apartment rent).
    The case worker said then quit your job and the government will cover everything.

To top it all off she just filed her taxes and is getting a return of a little over $10,000 and barely paid a dime in taxes.

She is only one of the millions of people doing this BS across our country. And it needs better regulations.
    How the hell does a person get a refund when she/he contributes nothing?

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00

How the hell does a person get a refund when she/he contributes nothing?
    Simple enough. If you fall below I certain income level you get an earned income credit, which gives the little that was paid in. Then there are the child tax credits. Thus providing the individual with much more returned than what was paid in.

I dated a Single mother of 2 for a while, and she would get a return for about 3k more than she paid in.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post

Simple enough. If you fall below I certain income level you get an earned income credit, which gives the little that was paid in. Then there are the child tax credits. Thus providing the individual with much more returned than what was paid in.

I dated a Single mother of 2 for a while, and she would get a return for about 3k more than she paid in.
    Yup. Its a terribly flawed system

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Ok ok I may have entered my opinion prematurely. I was just heated because I can sometimes take offense when government programs are critisized since I have used some. And we were on food stamps and fuel assistance for about 4 months. Then I re-joined the National Guard for affordable health care and extra benefits.
    Nothing wrong with using it for the right reasons but most people don't

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    So would you all be willing to potentially pay more to make sure these regulations are implemented? Because this regulating couldn't possibly be a free service... However it may create some more jobs... Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    So would you all be willing to potentially pay more to make sure these regulations are implemented? Because this regulating couldn't possibly be a free service... However it may create some more jobs... Hmmm
    I would be willing to pay more although the end state I believe would be us paying significantly less

After enough people who don't deserve it get off the programs I don't see it being more then we are paying now

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Can you guys keep typing all these loopholes for me im thinking about adopting a gaggle of kids so I can be on here every day 24 7

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Food Stamps alone are the least of my concerns:

Imagine cruising through government subsidised home for low income families who all receive financial assistance one way or another and seeing the cadillac escalades, rang rovers, mercedes they are driving. The expensive brand name clothes they are wearing, all the jewelry.

This makes me sick as hell, but not toward those who are bearing the system, it makes me sick that the lack of government oversight is allowing this to happen. I once knew a RN who clearly made 60k+ annually who lived in a government home. Something in the system is very flawed. DOnt blame the lazy, blame the government for promoting the lazy.
    One of the problems is government oversight has grown and grown yet the problem has gotten worse and worse. The government labor force in this country is massive and ever expanding yet the problems associated with this type of thing only become worse. Keep in mind, the more oversight their is the more people the government has to pay and the more they have to pay the more they have to tax the private sector. It's become a never ending vicious circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Wow judging buy the op's mentality i can understand why his country does not feel like it needs a health care system to help others. Dont get me wrong i use to be a pro capitalist and hated the idea of helping others. But as i have gotten older i see that there are some people who jesus does not love as much as he loves me by not blessing others as he has me. Once something is given to someone who cares what they do with it it is theres. And just so you no im not a bum i paid 70k in tax last year. All i got back from it was some needels a few doctor appointments and a new sports centre in my town. All you can do to change things is run for a seat in your government. Welfare is good when i was a kid i needed welfare to survive because i was poor now i am sorta loaded so i am giving it back by paying big tax dollars.
    Helping others is a great thing but it's only valuable when you do it, not when it's done by the government. Like most, I don't go around talking about charitable things I do because that's considered a jackass kind of thing to talk about, still I'll give some examples just to help clarify where I'm coming from. My entire working adult life I have purposely tried to help others who I know truly need help and are trying to better their own life. That's meant giving them money for food, helping them buy clothes so they could work a new job or helping them with transportation to get where they need to go. I currently give a large portion of my money as often as I can to various individuals who are in need, money out of my own pocket that I know will help these people and won't be wasted. I'm not a heartless individual and hate seeing people in a bad situation as much as anyone else. But I hate knowing most of the money I turn over to the government is being wasted and that many, and I would say the majority of those using entitlements are not those who are trying to better themselves with any effort. Are their exceptions? Of course, but they are the minority.

I do not hate others who take government assistance if they truly need it and are trying to better themselves. There are cases where people hit bottom and this can be their only option.

All that said, I don't speak as someone who has never been at the bottom. A few years back I lost everything and I do mean everything. I qualified for every last government assistance program on earth but I chose not to take a single one and for very good reasons. I am not an incapable human being. My hands and feet still work. I lost everything and while finding work was difficult for a long time I was able to find low paying jobs on construction crews, cleaning job sites, painting, being a grunt on concrete crews and whatever else. I worked my ass off for very little money. I did not eat out, I did not buy extra things nor do things others would consider fun and I was not about to take other peoples money to do those things when I myself was still a fully functioning human being. Eventually I did crawl out of my hole, it took a good while and I'm still paying off some debts that mounted up during that time. During that time I wasn't able to pay my student loans, defaulted and now have a massive $600 a month payment as I can't consolidate or anything like that. I also wasn't able to pay my taxes for 2yrs and now have to pay a monthly installment on those backed taxes along with my current taxes. That's all fine it is what it is. The point, I couldn't take other's money in good conscious knowing I'm a fully functioning human being. It is not up to strangers to help me. If friends and family or whoever else wanted to help me, that's a different story...which BTW, no one did other than one person who helped me buy groceries a few times and payed my utility bills a few times. The funny thing about that or I guess ironic would be the better way to put it, that same person has now found themselves in very bad financial shape after being very well off for most of their life. So now I'm the one who helps them as I'm the one in a better financial position. Bad things happen to good people, that's true, but I take pride in being to help others myself, I do not take pride in writing a check to the IRS.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm in the process of talking to the wife into adopting 2 Asian twin 15 year old girls that I figure I can use for additional tax write off. What do you guys think?

I've actually had this plan in progress for many years but I just have not gotten around to doing it yet.

Soon enough immigration will be free and I can bring over all the little asian girls then I want and clean them as dependents. Works for me.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post

I would be willing to pay more although the end state I believe would be us paying significantly less

After enough people who don't deserve it get off the programs I don't see it being more then we are paying now
    ^^^^

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I'm in the process of talking to the wife into adopting 2 Asian twin 15 year old girls that I figure I can use for additional tax write off. What do you guys think?

I've actually had this plan in progress for many years but I just have not gotten around to doing it yet.

Soon enough immigration will be free and I can bring over all the little asian girls then I want and clean them as dependents. Works for me.
    Is this joking? Dont make me loose respect for your bra.

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    Just like most everything else stamps/welfare etc start with the right intensions and over time you had people (millions) learn how to use and abuse the system. There ARE people who genuinely need a little help, thats what it was started for, but 98% abuse it. Anybody on assistance programs should/should'nt:
    1. Be required to go to school, this part is VERY IMPORTANT, in a TIMELY MANNER!! no 6 year community college. When you graduate CC get at least a part time job if you're going to continue school, BA+ OR
    2. Get a job, dont care if its unskilled or not (someone needs to do these jobs) at least it will bring the amount of $$ they collect will go down.
    3. Drug testing period! I'm not necessarily against someone getting loaded or whatever BUT if your going to do it, pay for it with the money you EARN from your hard work not mine.
    4. You can ONLY buy a car thats economical, inexpensive but sound. NO Caddy's or Merc's or anything over $10,000
    5. You can ONLY buy food and accessories (femine hygiene, shaving cream etc) that matter. No beer or alki, chips, soda, wings, ice cream, cigs, Redbox or equivelent, pretty much junk
    6. NO $120 shoes, jackets, pants clothing in general!!
    7. BASIC cable (on line classes) no pay per view
    8. They get NO tax return! you put nothing in, you get nothing out!

These might seem extreme or over the top, and I have plenty more, but thats the point! We need to make it hard! maybe some of these pukes will get that the WORKING CLASS are tired of thier shit and are not going to take it anymore. The people who actually need it, I bet, would not have a problem with the stipulations because they probably dont want to be there anyway.

BTW, I have worked for a college system for 14+yrs now and my employees are mostly whats called "welfare to work" type people and it PISSES ME OFF to hear them talk shit about how "bad" they have it.

I hope your post about capitalist and Jesus was a joke because it made almost no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lstbred View Post
    Just like most everything else stamps/welfare etc start with the right intensions and over time you had people (millions) learn how to use and abuse the system. There ARE people who genuinely need a little help, thats what it was started for, but 98% abuse it. Anybody on assistance programs should/should'nt:
    1. Be required to go to school, this part is VERY IMPORTANT, in a TIMELY MANNER!! no 6 year community college. When you graduate CC get at least a part time job if you're going to continue school, BA+ OR
    2. Get a job, dont care if its unskilled or not (someone needs to do these jobs) at least it will bring the amount of $$ they collect will go down.
    3. Drug testing period! I'm not necessarily against someone getting loaded or whatever BUT if your going to do it, pay for it with the money you EARN from your hard work not mine.
    4. You can ONLY buy a car thats economical, inexpensive but sound. NO Caddy's or Merc's or anything over $10,000
    5. You can ONLY buy food and accessories (femine hygiene, shaving cream etc) that matter. No beer or alki, chips, soda, wings, ice cream, cigs, Redbox or equivelent, pretty much junk
    6. NO $120 shoes, jackets, pants clothing in general!!
    7. BASIC cable (on line classes) no pay per view
    8. They get NO tax return! you put nothing in, you get nothing out!

These might seem extreme or over the top, and I have plenty more, but thats the point! We need to make it hard! maybe some of these pukes will get that the WORKING CLASS are tired of thier shit and are not going to take it anymore. The people who actually need it, I bet, would not have a problem with the stipulations because they probably dont want to be there anyway.

BTW, I have worked for a college system for 14+yrs now and my employees are mostly whats called "welfare to work" type people and it PISSES ME OFF to hear them talk shit about how "bad" they have it.
    Those all sound like good ideas, which is exactly why they're not in place because we only do thing that don't make any sense.

My sister works for the SS office. Thousands upon thousands go through the SS offices every single day and I can tell you from her experience in two different offices, one in TN and one in FL the experience is the same in either one. She'll tell you right out 99% of the people that come in there do so to demand money and have no intention of earning anything themselves and most of them are completely capable people who find ways to beat the system...beating it's obviously not that hard.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB1982 View Post

She doesn't own a nice house like me.
    Doesn't own a new car like me.
    Can't take random vacations like I can.
    The list goes on.
    If that's how she wants to spend her one life, milking the government and just being here then so be it. Its sad.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    She doesn't own a nice house like me.
    Doesn't own a new car like me.
    Can't take random vacations like I can.
    The list goes on.
    If that's how she wants to spend her one life, milking the government and just being here then so be it. Its sad.
    Maybe not but she didnt EARN any of it. Typically these people do work under the table or sell xxx and then yes they drive a nice care like you or nicer and go on vacations like you. Even if they dont is it FAIR? What happened to earning what you have?
    Yes there are those who are down on their luck and need help on a TEMPORARY basis. There are to many who make it a career.

Blog Entries
    Maybe not but she didnt EARN any of it. Typically these people do work under the table or sell xxx and then yes they drive a nice care like you or nicer and go on vacations like you. Even if they dont is it FAIR? What happened to earning what you have?
    Yes there are those who are down on their luck and need help on a TEMPORARY basis. There are to many who make it a career.
    She is a low life and always will be. No need to dwell on it. I'd be embarrassed if she was my daughter.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

She is a low life and always will be. No need to dwell on it. I'd be embarrassed if she was my daughter.
    The problem is she is not the minority anymore. There are more and more of them who feel they are entitled to a house, car and everything else you and I have had to work for even if it's not as nice. Growing up if I could not afford a TV I didn't have one. When my car was broke and I didnt have the money to fix it I rode a bike, took the buss and hitch hiked until I could afford to get it fixed. I had to share an apartment to afford the rent. I never felt I was entitled to anything and the few times I had to ask my parents for money I felt very embarrassed and made sure to pay it all back before I bought anything for me or used it to play.

After my mom died last year I found a few notes where I had borrowed money and she kept track of all my payments. I was glad to see they were all paid in full. Maybe if some of these people went hungry or were left out in the cold for a night or two it would give them some incentive to find employment or work harder to get out of their current situation.

I have washed dishes, swept floors, dug ditches and worked full days in the rain, snow, weather cutting wood and such. I never felt I was above all that or entitled to more. I made the best of it and worked to move up or do better. If I had to I would go back to do any of them to feed myself and family.

Blog Entries
    The problem is she is not the minority anymore. There are more and more of them who feel they are entitled to a house, car and everything else you and I have had to work for even if it's not as nice. Growing up if I could not afford a TV I didn't have one. When my car was broke and I didnt have the money to fix it I rode a bike, took the buss and hitch hiked until I could afford to get it fixed. I had to share an apartment to afford the rent. I never felt I was entitled to anything and the few times I had to ask my parents for money I felt very embarrassed and made sure to pay it all back before I bought anything for me or used it to play.

After my mom died last year I found a few notes where I had borrowed money and she kept track of all my payments. I was glad to see they were all paid in full. Maybe if some of these people went hungry or were left out in the cold for a night or two it would give them some incentive to find employment or work harder to get out of their current situation.

I have washed dishes, swept floors, dug ditches and worked full days in the rain, snow, weather cutting wood and such. I never felt I was above all that or entitled to more. I made the best of it and worked to move up or do better. If I had to I would go back to do any of them to feed myself and family.
    I understand your point but if you could do it all again, wouldn't you? It's what made us who we are today.

I understand your point but if you could do it all again, wouldn't you? It's what made us who we are today.
    Doing it all over again VS using government assistance? Hell yes. Only reason anyone should be on government assistance is there is NO work available. Not no work you are willing to accept or you feel it's below you but seriously no work or you have been injured, disabled or you are in the process of re training and it's only temporary. If you cant afford your house then you need to down size even if it's to a 1 bedroom apartment with no cable TV or internet.

I saw the house my mom grew up in with her 3 brothers in the 20s, my shed in my back yard is probably bigger.

Bottom lines is people need to stop living beyond their means. Same goes for all the people who use to and still do rack up $10,000s and then file bankruptcy or walk away from a house that is up side down even though they are still working making the same money. WTF? Your payments haven't changed so why not keep making your payments? Either way it will be yours in 15, 30 years. Most of them who walk away also vandalize the house as if they have been cheated in some way and are trying to get payback.

I'm still waiting for a good apocalyptic disasters so we can get back to survival of the fittest. I have enough test/tren to keep me going through a good part of it to stay on top of the food chain. lol

Blog Entries
    Doing it all over again VS using government assistance? Hell yes. Only reason anyone should be on government assistance is there is NO work available. Not no work you are willing to accept or you feel it's below you but seriously no work or you have been injured, disabled or you are in the process of re training and it's only temporary. If you cant afford your house then you need to down size even if it's to a 1 bedroom apartment with no cable TV or internet.

I saw the house my mom grew up in with her 3 brothers in the 20s, my shed in my back yard is probably bigger.

Bottom lines is people need to stop living beyond their means. Same goes for all the people who use to and still do rack up $10,000s and then file bankruptcy or walk away from a house that is up side down even though they are still working making the same money. WTF? Your payments haven't changed so why not keep making your payments? Either way it will be yours in 15, 30 years. Most of them who walk away also vandalize the house as if they have been cheated in some way and are trying to get payback.

I'm still waiting for a good apocalyptic disasters so we can get back to survival of the fittest. I have enough test/tren to keep me going through a good part of it to stay on top of the food chain. lol
    Is there room for two in your post apocalyptic cave?

Come on, when did you ever have respect for me? Yes its a joke, unless the wife says ok.

ecruz is offline Member
    point blank its a shame how many people abuse the system but worse, is that the gov allows it! countless times ive been on a grocery line with a gov leech in front of me they get free food then they drive away in a nice benz and its ALL races that do it from jews to asians.. its a big scam imho. some of us work super hard, go to college and still have to struggle

DB1982 is offline Member

You are 100% right. Its a disgrace. But that doesn't stop that fact that she is only one of millions doing the samething.

People are shameless now a days they could careless about what others think of them because they're laughing all the way to the bank.

DSM you work hard for everything that you have the difference is she has never lifted a finger for anything.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Yup. Its f*cked up. I know your feeling, when you are at the store about to drop $200 on sum healthy food, and the fat disgusting family in front of you have a full basket of tv dinners and soda and chips and cookies
    Runs up a $400 tab and whips out their EBT card.

This is off topic a bit but I got this e-mail the other day. Its a great read, and will also piss you off.

READ, WEEP, PRINT AND KEEP!

This should be on the front page of every newspaper.

Charley Reese's Final column!

A very interesting column… COMPLETELY NEUTRAL…
    Be sure to Read the Poem at the end.

Charley Reese's final column for the Orlando Sentinel... He has been a journalist for 49 years. He is retiring and this is HIS LAST COLUMN.

Be sure to read the Tax List at the end.

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be. The article below is completely neutral, neither anti-republican or democrat. Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day. It's a short but good read. Worth the time. Worth remembering!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
    -By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.. ( The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.)

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House?( John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. ) If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to. [The House has passed a budget but the Senate has not approved a budget in over three years. The President's proposed budgets have gotten almost unanimous rejections in the Senate in that time. ]

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.
    Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees... We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it... is up to you.
    This might be funny if it weren't so true.

Be sure to read all the way to the end:

Tax his land,
    Tax his bed,
    Tax the table,
    At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
    Tax his mule,
    Teach him taxes
    Are the rule.

Tax his work,
    Tax his pay,
    He works for
    peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow,
    Tax his goat,
    Tax his pants,
    Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
    Tax his shirt,
    Tax his work,
    Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
    Tax his drink,
    Tax him if he
    Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
    Tax his beers,
    If he cries
    Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
    Tax his gas,
    Find other ways
    To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
    Then let him know
    That you won't be done
    Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
    Then tax him some more,
    Tax him till
    He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
    Tax his grave,
    Tax the sod in
    Which he's laid...

Put these words
    Upon his tomb,
    'Taxes drove me
    to my doom...'

When he's gone,
    Do not relax,
    Its time to apply
    The inheritance tax.
    Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Dog License Tax
    Excise Taxes
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel Permit Tax
    Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
    Gross Receipts Tax
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax
    Inventory Tax
    IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Personal Property Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Service Charge Tax
    Social Security Tax
    Road Usage Tax
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    Sales Tax
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone Federal Excise Tax
    Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
    Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
    Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
    Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
    Telephone State and Local Tax
    Telephone Usage Charge Tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft Registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
    Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'
    I hope this goes around THE USA at least 545 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!!

GO AHEAD. . . BE AN AMERICAN!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Yup. Its f*cked up. I know your feeling, when you are at the store about to drop $200 on sum healthy food, and the fat disgusting family in front of you have a full basket of tv dinners and soda and chips and cookies
    Runs up a $400 tab and whips out their EBT card.

This is off topic a bit but I got this e-mail the other day. Its a great read, and will also piss you off.

READ, WEEP, PRINT AND KEEP!

This should be on the front page of every newspaper.

Charley Reese's Final column!

A very interesting column… COMPLETELY NEUTRAL…
    Be sure to Read the Poem at the end.

Charley Reese's final column for the Orlando Sentinel... He has been a journalist for 49 years. He is retiring and this is HIS LAST COLUMN.

Be sure to read the Tax List at the end.

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be. The article below is completely neutral, neither anti-republican or democrat. Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day. It's a short but good read. Worth the time. Worth remembering!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
    -By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.. ( The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.)

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House?( John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. ) If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to. [The House has passed a budget but the Senate has not approved a budget in over three years. The President's proposed budgets have gotten almost unanimous rejections in the Senate in that time. ]

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.
    Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees... We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it... is up to you.
    This might be funny if it weren't so true.

Be sure to read all the way to the end:

Tax his land,
    Tax his bed,
    Tax the table,
    At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
    Tax his mule,
    Teach him taxes
    Are the rule.

Tax his work,
    Tax his pay,
    He works for
    peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow,
    Tax his goat,
    Tax his pants,
    Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
    Tax his shirt,
    Tax his work,
    Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
    Tax his drink,
    Tax him if he
    Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
    Tax his beers,
    If he cries
    Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
    Tax his gas,
    Find other ways
    To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
    Then let him know
    That you won't be done
    Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
    Then tax him some more,
    Tax him till
    He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
    Tax his grave,
    Tax the sod in
    Which he's laid...

Put these words
    Upon his tomb,
    'Taxes drove me
    to my doom...'

When he's gone,
    Do not relax,
    Its time to apply
    The inheritance tax.
    Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Dog License Tax
    Excise Taxes
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel Permit Tax
    Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
    Gross Receipts Tax
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax
    Inventory Tax
    IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Personal Property Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Service Charge Tax
    Social Security Tax
    Road Usage Tax
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    Sales Tax
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone Federal Excise Tax
    Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
    Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
    Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
    Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
    Telephone State and Local Tax
    Telephone Usage Charge Tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft Registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
    Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'
    I hope this goes around THE USA at least 545 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!!

GO AHEAD. . . BE AN AMERICAN!!!
    Can someone count the amount of times the word "tax" was used?

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    A ot, but then again we pay a lot of tax

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    But in the end no matter how fuked up it is.Nothing is going to change.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Mitt Romney and his family had no problems collecting welfare.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    food stamps are still a better idea than just giving people the cash $.. here in Aus everyone that doesn;t want too work (or can't for whatever reason) gets welfare, and alot of the times they will just spend their money on drugs before putting food on the table... whereas if they got food stamps they really wouldn't have a choice... thats my .02 anyways..

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Can someone count the amount of times the word "tax" was used?
    This is circulating on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Mitt Romney and his family had no problems collecting welfare.
    what? When have they gotten welfare?

manmanman is offline Associate Member
    your in aus kron?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information