Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 83

Thread: Food Stamps

  1. #1
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066

    Food Stamps

    I'm at the grocery store standing in line and the couple in front of me is checking out. Most of the food they're buying is stuff for their super bowl party...how do I know this? Simple, they keep going on and on with the casher about how awesome their super bowl part is going to be and talking about if they have enough food for everyone. Most everything was junk food and typical super bowl food.

    Point of the story, when they paid the woman swiped here food stamp card...they paid for their junk super bowl food with food stamps. Now I already have a big problem with food stamps. If they had turned around and taken money directly from my pocket to pay for their food I really don't see any difference. But this is somehow even worse...now they're stealing from me (and you) so that I (we) can pay for their super bowl party.

    I'm sick of food stamps and entitlements, I'm tired of paying for people's crap. I'm tired of money being taken from me so that other people who are completely capable can have what they want. Now I understand there can be a justifiable time for certain entitlements. Personally, I'd love to see nearly all entitlements vanished, I think the private sector would take care of people even more but often don't when they know this garbage is available to people.

    Really getting tired of this. Getting really sick of paying an enormous tax bill every year to fund this crap! I will not feel patriotic come April 15th, if anything I'll be sick to my stomach and it'll put me in a bad mood for about a month. Did anyone else see on the news a few wks ago where there are reports of guys using the EBT cards at ATM's at strip clubs and people in general using them at ATM's at liquor stores? My tax bill is killing me, I mean it's really hurting me and this is what I'm paying for and it makes me sick. I've had enough of it. I don't know what needs to be done...I understand a thread on a steroid board ranting about it does nothing but it does slightly make me feel better...only slightly, lol!

  2. #2
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,045
    Im with you 100% tired of the bs and bleeding hearts.

  3. #3
    manmanman is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    260
    how do foodstamps work?

  4. #4
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,182
    That's not too different over here mate. We pay out taxes into a welfare state. The poor(lazy) get their benefits and spend it on fags (cigarettes) and booze and satellite TV, not on improving their lives or the lives of their families/children.

    Obviously we shouldn't tar everybody on benefits with the same brush, but I certainly get your point. It's getting a little better over here as some benefits are getting cut, but these type of people will always find a way to spend OUR money.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  5. #5
    manmanman is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    260
    i always thought that only the unemployed had the chance to get them,

    how does the amount of foodstamps get decided??

  6. #6
    milky01623's Avatar
    milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    That's not too different over here mate. We pay out taxes into a welfare state. The poor(lazy) get their benefits and spend it on fags (cigarettes) and booze and satellite TV, not on improving their lives or the lives of their families/children.

    Obviously we shouldn't tar everybody on benefits with the same brush, but I certainly get your point. It's getting a little better over here as some benefits are getting cut, but these type of people will always find a way to spend OUR money.
    Dude the majority of these are the kids of degenerate lazy good for nothing arseoles who think that we the working state owe them !!!!!!

    Quick story

    I was in a working mans club once and 1 off the local scroungers orderd a pint I then siezed the pint and drank it he then began to get angry and started shouting about HIS money so I pointed out that if it wasn't for me working and paying my way to the state he wouldn't get money so therefore the pint was mine as its my tax and national insurance that pay him!!!!!!

    Fvckin chavs

  7. #7
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,223
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Dude the majority of these are the kids of degenerate lazy good for nothing arseoles who think that we the working state owe them !!!!!!

    Quick story

    I was in a working mans club once and 1 off the local scroungers orderd a pint I then siezed the pint and drank it he then began to get angry and started shouting about HIS money so I pointed out that if it wasn't for me working and paying my way to the state he wouldn't get money so therefore the pint was mine as its my tax and national insurance that pay him!!!!!!

    Fvckin chavs
    Nice move milk. Wish I could have seen that.

  8. #8
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,182
    Milky, I wish I had the bottle! Maybe when I'm a bit bigger!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  9. #9
    wmaousley's Avatar
    wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kuwait/Florida
    Posts
    3,518
    Food Stamps alone are the least of my concerns:

    Imagine cruising through government subsidised home for low income families who all receive financial assistance one way or another and seeing the cadillac escalades, rang rovers, mercedes they are driving. The expensive brand name clothes they are wearing, all the jewelry.

    This makes me sick as hell, but not toward those who are bearing the system, it makes me sick that the lack of government oversight is allowing this to happen. I once knew a RN who clearly made 60k+ annually who lived in a government home. Something in the system is very flawed. DOnt blame the lazy, blame the government for promoting the lazy.

  10. #10
    scorpion62's Avatar
    scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    An Linne Rosach
    Posts
    1,437
    I totally agree with everything that's getting said here , one of my mates got paid off so he went to sign on hours he stood waiting to put pen to paper the Que next to him Was huge going in at a steady pace he was thinking to himself that he pick the wrong que finally he gets up to the lady he tells her he has been paid off first question she asks how much redundancy did you get he tells her she informs him he's not untitled to anything because he has to spend his redundancy first , now he's been working all his days and he flips at this loads of shouting and colourful language he asked her what was the que next to him ,that's people who have a drink problem getting a cheque for there habit and one for there pet to feed it , the last thing he remembers was two large gentlemen in black putting cuffs on him and putting him in a taxi with blue lights I laughed my ass of at him but on the rest of it I think its Fvck shocking free loaders should get a kick up the ass a told to work
    Last edited by scorpion62; 02-03-2013 at 04:28 AM.

  11. #11
    cherrydrpepper's Avatar
    cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Business as usual yeah?
    Posts
    4,078
    Blog Entries
    1
    Its kind of like keeping guns out of crazy peoples hands. Its a big problem and a complicated problem and the government (here at least) has proven they can't handle complicated problems so we will all keep suffering the consequences.

  12. #12
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    10,235
    It's easy to hate on people who collect food stamps and there are a lot of lazy people out there exploiting people's good will. But the majority of people who collect food stamps are "the working poor." It's physically impossible to put a roof over your head, put food in your belly and pay for utilities and transportation to work if you're working Walmart. There simply isn't enough hours in the day to earn enough money to survive without Uncle Sam subsidizing them.

    You can say something to the fact that they need to get a better job, but it's easier said than done. Who is going to hire an unskilled worker to do a job that pays a living wage? Most businesses are leaving to see cheaper labour markets over seas and the ones that are staying, automate as much as they can. This type of market gives employers favourable environments to give out the lowest wages possible.

    Why can't these guys just get educations and find work as skilled labour then? You're assuming several things by saying this. First, that they're capable for whatever reasons of finding work. Also, if these unskilled workers suddenly could become educated and skilled, that there are enough jobs to accommodate them. In addition to this, the added debts involved in these educations would further their financial problems.

    We should also make note to the fact that WE as a society NEED people to work these menial jobs just so that we can live in the lifestyles we have grown used to. Therefore since we NEED people to do these jobs, we accept the fact that those people need to be able to do those jobs AND survive. Since our government (and by proxy us) allows businesses to get away with refusing to pay the price necessary for their labour to live, it has thus assumes the obligation to ensure the labour can survive via subsidies.

    You want your TVs, you want your cars, but you refuse to pay for it at the register. So you're going to pay for it in April instead. It's just one of the problems that a capitalist market causes. But at least your money is fiat and doesn't actually hold real value.

  13. #13
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,045
    Honkey Kong
    Yeah it's a necessary evil but as said, it's broken and needs some serious oversight done. Instead of government agency over seeing it and checking the people to see if they really qualify it should be privatized. Also I like the idea of them peeing in a cut to pass a general drug test before they can get their check/payment each month.

  14. #14
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    7,032
    Wow judging buy the op's mentality i can understand why his country does not feel like it needs a health care system to help others. Dont get me wrong i use to be a pro capitalist and hated the idea of helping others. But as i have gotten older i see that there are some people who jesus does not love as much as he loves me by not blessing others as he has me. Once something is given to someone who cares what they do with it it is theres. And just so you no im not a bum i paid 70k in tax last year. All i got back from it was some needels a few doctor appointments and a new sports centre in my town. All you can do to change things is run for a seat in your government. Welfare is good when i was a kid i needed welfare to survive because i was poor now i am sorta loaded so i am giving it back by paying big tax dollars.
    Last edited by Euroholic; 02-03-2013 at 05:57 AM.

  15. #15
    cherrydrpepper's Avatar
    cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Business as usual yeah?
    Posts
    4,078
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Also I like the idea of them peeing in a cut to pass a general drug test before they can get their check/payment each month.
    Agree 100 %

  16. #16
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    10,235
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Honkey Kong
    Yeah it's a necessary evil but as said, it's broken and needs some serious oversight done. Instead of government agency over seeing it and checking the people to see if they really qualify it should be privatized. Also I like the idea of them peeing in a cut to pass a general drug test before they can get their check/payment each month.
    It needs to be overhauled. I'll agree to that, but I don't think privatizing it will make it any better. People seem to think that corporations do better jobs than governments. But how many companies did you work for where the overwhelming majority of the workers seem to do just enough to not get fired?

    As far as mandatory drug testing goes, it sounds great, but it's expensive. Plus, aside from pot, most of those drugs can't be tested after a few days time. Plus if you caught a bunch of them what are you going to do about their kids? We don't have enough places to put every child that would be affected.

  17. #17
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,045
    I hear you but the kids are probably better off in foster care or some type of orphanage than with drug addicted parents and if the parents give a sh*t about the kids they will quit.

    Many companies succeed and prosperous even with some lazy worthless people. Yes I have seen my share, mostly because of union intervention but I have seen 10x the waste in government ran businesses if not a lot more. I'm trying to think of one government run business that is prosperous or making money without being subsidized???

  18. #18
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am all about making people pay their way but there are some people who are just on hard times. Sure there are low lifes that abuse the system but when you have worked in the inner city like I have and have personally seen the struggles some of these good people go through you wouldn't mind paying into the pot. It's amazing how these kids go without food, cloths and sometimes a good place to lay their heads at night but still push on. You see them eating junk food all day but because junk food is cheaper. I had a father talk to me one day and was almost in tears telling me how he lost his job and was forced into this "ghetto". The love he had for his sons was strong and that's all talked about. He told me how his sons feared going to school because they got bullied everyday since they were new. It was heart breaking. I will never forget that man and his family.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. William Arthur Ward

  19. #19
    JWP806's Avatar
    JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    1,366
    Why work at McDonald's for minimum wage 40+ hours per week to feed you 3, 4, 5 kids when the government when pay you the same and possibly more for you to sit on your ass and do nothing. The system encourages laziness.

    I have distant cousins who are completely hooked on heroin, crack, etc. and they have government housing and all of them collect checks. They do nothing but sit on their asses and do drugs and procreate. It's sickening.

  20. #20
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    Why work at McDonald's for minimum wage 40+ hours per week to feed you 3, 4, 5 kids when the government when pay you the same and possibly more for you to sit on your ass and do nothing. The system encourages laziness.

    I have distant cousins who are completely hooked on heroin, crack, etc. and they have government housing and all of them collect checks. They do nothing but sit on their asses and do drugs and procreate. It's sickening.
    When I was out of work I couldn't find a job for 2 years. It was the first time in my life I was on unemployment since working from the age 16. I have a college degree, years of trade experience and had worked for 2 fortune 500 companies. I was even applying for job that I was way over qualified for and still couldn't even get a call back. Until you walked a mile in their shoes...
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 02-03-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. William Arthur Ward

  21. #21
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    14,210
    You have no idea.... In Canada the income tax is nearly twice what you pay not to mention 13% sales tax on everything. Governments are afraid to lose the votes of the poor, I would love a new party to step up and end this crap.

  22. #22
    tdoe11's Avatar
    tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,288
    I just payed the tax board almost 2 grand yesterday. Such a warm feeling I get to know I work my butt off to support a few lazy ghetto families that get to sit around any get high. But hey, obamas our president and they deserve it right? What a bunch of crap

  23. #23
    tdoe11's Avatar
    tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP806
    Why work at McDonald's for minimum wage 40+ hours per week to feed you 3, 4, 5 kids when the government when pay you the same and possibly more for you to sit on your ass and do nothing. The system encourages laziness.

    I have distant cousins who are completely hooked on heroin, crack, etc. and they have government housing and all of them collect checks. They do nothing but sit on their asses and do drugs and procreate. It's sickening.
    I completely agree. I see it in my town everyday. Government assistance is no longer a boost to help you it's a lucrative careers choice.

  24. #24
    JWP806's Avatar
    JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    When I was out of work I couldn't find a job for 2 years. It was the first time in my life I was on unemployment since working from the age 16. I have a college degree, years of trade experience and had worked for 2 fortune 500 companies. I was even applying for job that I was way over qualified for and still couldn't even get a call back. Until you walked a mile in their shoes...
    You don't fall into the stereotype that I am describing so I'm not sure why you felt compelled to reply to my post. Don't try to act like there aren't people that run the system into the fvcking ground. Obviously, you don't seem to be one of these people.

    I work as a staffing consultant and I speak with people on a daily basis who have had steady employment their entire lives minus having a stint of unemployment recently due to the economy. I get it. We aren't talking about people like that.

  25. #25
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,045
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    When I was out of work I couldn't find a job for 2 years. It was the first time in my life I was on unemployment since working from the age 16. I have a college degree, years of trade experience and had worked for 2 fortune 500 companies. I was even applying for job that I was way over qualified for and still couldn't even get a call back. Until you walked a mile in their shoes...
    Been there done that and had to re train for a new job/career. Guess what, because I actually had done something with my life in the past and still owned a SMALL piece of property I did not qualify for food stamps or unemployment. They did agree to LOAN me assistance but I had to pay back every penny as soon as I became employed again and they were non to nice about asking for their money.

    I was also off for close it if not just over 2 years. I had to prove to them I did not make enough to pay them what they wanted all at once. Without overtime I did not even make the bare minimum to make my mortgage and pay food. I did pay them back 100% in less than a year though.

    Only thing I got for free was from WIC since my daughter was 1 and mom was no where to be found I qualified for Women infant care meaning free shots/vaccination and certain types of baby food.

    That being said I saw and still see far to many who are just abusing the system such all all my ex inlaws and many others I have seen/meet over the years. The system is set up as said to make people lazy and to make it easy for the people who dont want to or cant work due to addictions and such.

  26. #26
    Soar's Avatar
    Soar is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    3,124
    It's the same way in canada, we don't have food stamps but the government hands out welfare cheques to people that work the system. Worst part is they make us piss in a cup to test is for drugs to work yet Joe Blow and his crack head wife are living the free life off my pay cheque. If you ask me they should all have drug tests monthly to keep collecting....

  27. #27
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    You don't fall into the stereotype that I am describing so I'm not sure why you felt compelled to reply to my post. Don't try to act like there aren't people that run the system into the fvcking ground. Obviously, you don't seem to be one of these people.

    I work as a staffing consultant and I speak with people on a daily basis who have had steady employment their entire lives minus having a stint of unemployment recently due to the economy. I get it. We aren't talking about people like that.
    The point I was trying to get across in my post is there are abusers and users in the system. Of course there needs to be changes made but until that happens I am happy to put my money in the pot even for the abusers as long as those who really need it can get some assistance.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. William Arthur Ward

  28. #28
    JWP806's Avatar
    JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    The point I was trying to get across in my post is there are abusers and users in the system. Of course there needs to be changes made but until that happens I am happy to put my money in the pot even for the abusers as long as those who really need it can get some assistance.
    I completely agree. I just wanted to point out that I was talking about the abusers of the system and not like people such as yourself.

  29. #29
    Eddie_m63's Avatar
    Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject
    I'm at the grocery store standing in line and the couple in front of me is checking out. Most of the food they're buying is stuff for their super bowl party...how do I know this? Simple, they keep going on and on with the casher about how awesome their super bowl part is going to be and talking about if they have enough food for everyone. Most everything was junk food and typical super bowl food.

    Point of the story, when they paid the woman swiped here food stamp card...they paid for their junk super bowl food with food stamps. Now I already have a big problem with food stamps. If they had turned around and taken money directly from my pocket to pay for their food I really don't see any difference. But this is somehow even worse...now they're stealing from me (and you) so that I (we) can pay for their super bowl party.

    I'm sick of food stamps and entitlements, I'm tired of paying for people's crap. I'm tired of money being taken from me so that other people who are completely capable can have what they want. Now I understand there can be a justifiable time for certain entitlements. Personally, I'd love to see nearly all entitlements vanished, I think the private sector would take care of people even more but often don't when they know this garbage is available to people.

    Really getting tired of this. Getting really sick of paying an enormous tax bill every year to fund this crap! I will not feel patriotic come April 15th, if anything I'll be sick to my stomach and it'll put me in a bad mood for about a month. Did anyone else see on the news a few wks ago where there are reports of guys using the EBT cards at ATM's at strip clubs and people in general using them at ATM's at liquor stores? My tax bill is killing me, I mean it's really hurting me and this is what I'm paying for and it makes me sick. I've had enough of it. I don't know what needs to be done...I understand a thread on a steroid board ranting about it does nothing but it does slightly make me feel better...only slightly, lol!
    I can't say that I agreed with you because I dated two chicks that were assisted by public aid both were young early 20s, getting housing/bills/ and money lol...btw they didn't work lol...Anyways I can assure you that even if there were no food stamps or section 8 people outhere you and me would still pay taxes, taxes are not just for public assistant, they help pay for everything else education/wars/government perks and a lot more...here in. Illinois we are require to have a vehicle windshield sticker that ranges from 50 for small car to 200 for pickup/SUVs to figure.

  30. #30
    Tigershark's Avatar
    Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    13,287
    My family had to use food stamps. Does that mean you should take us all out back and shoot us?

  31. #31
    Remington's Avatar
    Remington is offline Alligator
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    578
    What I like is how you can 'rent' somebody's food stamp credit card.
    Yup---you give the owner 20 bucks and in return you get 40$ worth of usable money on their card.
    I know a guy thats been doing that for almost a year.
    Amazing.

  32. #32
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    To add to the rant: Where I live it is a Agricultural area. Many...and I mean many of the medium and big size farmers have be come instant millionaires over the last cpl years to to increasing crop prices and record yields. They are having to purchase new equipment, build new buildings and 3/4 million dollar houses, purchase muliple vehicles and evrything else they can think of to dump $ for tax purposes...yet the govt' subsadizes these farmers with hundreds of thousands of dollars on top of what they made. You tell me what other job gets the govt to pay your bills when profits are down? Why dont the subsadize my fkn income????? I love seeing these guys take 4 or 5 vacations, build new houses, drive several new vehicles and know that they are getting a tax payer handout check in the fkn mail every month!

    Rant #2: I'm furious at my health care plan. Over the years my health care that is provided by my emplyer as part of my salarie package has become major medical at best. The deductable is so high it would break you to meet it for anything minor! In 16 years my wife and I have met are deductable ONCE! We both excersise and eat fairly healthy. We try to avoid use of medical services unless is absolutley necessary! YET..it's a group plan and several others are in ppor health, do nothing to take care of themselves and drive the premiums up with all of their health issues (many that could be avoided if they worked harder at staying healthy)! Their choices effect my fkn benifits which is part of my salary! Give me the damn $ that you pay for my coverage and I wiil find better, more affordable insurance at nearly half the cost...then I will pocket the rest! Why should I have to lose $ because others are sick?????

  33. #33
    Tigershark's Avatar
    Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    13,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    I'm at the grocery store standing in line and the couple in front of me is checking out. Most of the food they're buying is stuff for their super bowl party...how do I know this? Simple, they keep going on and on with the casher about how awesome their super bowl part is going to be and talking about if they have enough food for everyone. Most everything was junk food and typical super bowl food.

    Point of the story, when they paid the woman swiped here food stamp card...they paid for their junk super bowl food with food stamps. Now I already have a big problem with food stamps. If they had turned around and taken money directly from my pocket to pay for their food I really don't see any difference. But this is somehow even worse...now they're stealing from me (and you) so that I (we) can pay for their super bowl party.
    My family was on government assistance at on time. Jesus we must be pieces of white trash. My wife was out of work and I was working two jobs while also raising two teenage boys, one of which is a foster child and has some handicaps. So the wife and I are at the grocery store and they are selling fresh sushi. We ask the manager if we can get it with our food stamps and he said yes. So we bought it and went home and had a nice at home date night with some decent food and I for once in months I felt normal and not over worked. Was it an abuse of the system? According to you it was so I must really be a piece of crap in your eyes. I understand there is abuse in the system and these people should not have bragged, but maybe just maybe this was there one chance to feel normal with friends. Who knows? Maybe they are real abusers of the system and if so they deserve your condemning of them. But you do not know for sure. But what do I know? I am just poor trash who needed the assistance.

    I'm sick of food stamps and entitlements, I'm tired of paying for people's crap. I'm tired of money being taken from me so that other people who are completely capable can have what they want. Now I understand there can be a justifiable time for certain entitlements. Personally, I'd love to see nearly all entitlements vanished, I think the private sector would take care of people even more but often don't when they know this garbage is available to people.

    Really getting tired of this. Getting really sick of paying an enormous tax bill every year to fund this crap! I will not feel patriotic come April 15th, if anything I'll be sick to my stomach and it'll put me in a bad mood for about a month. Did anyone else see on the news a few wks ago where there are reports of guys using the EBT cards at ATM's at strip clubs and people in general using them at ATM's at liquor stores? My tax bill is killing me, I mean it's really hurting me and this is what I'm paying for and it makes me sick. I've had enough of it. I don't know what needs to be done...I understand a thread on a steroid board ranting about it does nothing but it does slightly make me feel better...only slightly, lol!
    .....

  34. #34
    JWP806's Avatar
    JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    1,366
    ^^ You bought dinner for you and your wife... Not an entire super bowl party. I think it's a lot different of a situation. Using government money to entertain friends is unacceptable. If they want to feel normal, they can most certainly go to a friend's super bowl party or go watch at a restaurant. I've been flat broke and I've had to go without before. I wasn't putting food for a super bowl party for all of my friends on my credit card though.

    No one thinks you are white trash because you have had to use government assistance. Hell, that's what it's for - people who really need it. There are people who seriously abuse the system and it doesn't look like you are one.

  35. #35
    cherrydrpepper's Avatar
    cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Business as usual yeah?
    Posts
    4,078
    Blog Entries
    1
    Were you on it for 5 years 10 years Tigershark Im guessing no. I dont think anyone is ranting against the family going through hard times temporarily its the people who figure out the best way to work all the government programs that piss everyone off.

  36. #36
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Honkey Kong
    Yeah it's a necessary evil but as said, it's broken and needs some serious oversight done. Instead of government agency over seeing it and checking the people to see if they really qualify it should be privatized. Also I like the idea of them peeing in a cut to pass a general drug test before they can get their check/payment each month.
    when you privatize it there is now a company trying to make a profit off of it too. So with that imo comes more corruption.
    Florida did the pee in a cup thing and the state lost money. They caught a very small amount of people and the cost of the test left the state more in a hole.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

  37. #37
    cherrydrpepper's Avatar
    cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Business as usual yeah?
    Posts
    4,078
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    when you privatize it there is now a company trying to make a profit off of it too. So with that imo comes more corruption.
    Florida did the pee in a cup thing and the state lost money. They caught a very small amount of people and the cost of the test left the state more in a hole.
    I'm just going off memory but it turned into a big stink because the politician that was pushing for the pee testing also had financial or family ties to the testing company that was going to make big $$. Pretty dirty but thats politicians all scumbags.

  38. #38
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    To add to the rant: Where I live it is a Agricultural area. Many...and I mean many of the medium and big size farmers have be come instant millionaires over the last cpl years to to increasing crop prices and record yields. They are having to purchase new equipment, build new buildings and 3/4 million dollar houses, purchase muliple vehicles and evrything else they can think of to dump $ for tax purposes...yet the govt' subsadizes these farmers with hundreds of thousands of dollars on top of what they made. You tell me what other job gets the govt to pay your bills when profits are down? Why dont the subsadize my fkn income????? I love seeing these guys take 4 or 5 vacations, build new houses, drive several new vehicles and know that they are getting a tax payer handout check in the fkn mail every month!

    Rant #2: I'm furious at my health care plan. Over the years my health care that is provided by my emplyer as part of my salarie package has become major medical at best. The deductable is so high it would break you to meet it for anything minor! In 16 years my wife and I have met are deductable ONCE! We both excersise and eat fairly healthy. We try to avoid use of medical services unless is absolutley necessary! YET..it's a group plan and several others are in ppor health, do nothing to take care of themselves and drive the premiums up with all of their health issues (many that could be avoided if they worked harder at staying healthy)! Their choices effect my fkn benifits which is part of my salary! Give me the damn $ that you pay for my coverage and I wiil find better, more affordable insurance at nearly half the cost...then I will pocket the rest! Why should I have to lose $ because others are sick?????
    not true, group employer plans are not based on the health of the employee's. Its base on how many employees work their. zipcodes and of course the policy picked.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

  39. #39
    The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    My family had to use food stamps. Does that mean you should take us all out back and shoot us?
    I think the rubber hose will suffice in getting the point across..................

  40. #40
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,638
    I believe they need to put a end to buying candy cokes fast food and anything else not deemed real food.The system really needs to be fixed.But if my source would except food stamps.I would race Lunk to be 1st in line

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •