Thread: Ambien dosage

optionsdude is offline Member

Ambien dosage

Is anyone on here prescribed more than 12.5mg's? I have a script for them and 12.5mg's puts me to sleep but 5-6 hours later,sometimes less I wake up. I used to sleep good for 7-8 hours WTF. I've tried not eating for 4+ hours before I take them but still not working like they used to. It says not to break them up but I might try 1 1/2 of them and see if it helps.

Atomini is offline Banned
    I've used 10mg tablets... as everyone here knows....

I found them to be adequate. Mine were also sublingual tablets.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    your body does get used to them, talk to your doctor and switch to ambien cr instead of uping your dose
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

greenwell001 is offline Member
    I hated them, never really liked the groggy feeling the next day

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I get 10 mg and most of the time I can cut them in 1/2 and they work OK. I would definatly cut 12.5mg in have and give it a try. If it works then it's easy to build up a nice little reserve.

I would not go with more unless you really have to. Try going without as long as possible. It's BS that you dont build up a tolerance. i know for a fact you do. My 2nd wife was on them for years and had insomnia and after a few years she could not sleep more than 1hr at a time.

On occasion when I just cant sleep and I know even 10mg wont keep me asleep more than a few hours I also take a muscle relaxer and this knocks me out for 6hr+ but then I'm groggy for a while after waking.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I also have the same script and after 4 hours I wake up. It sucks bad because I used to be able to get a solid 8 hours in on them. Taking a break from them now to see if I can get the affect back. It is always hard for me to fall asleep though but like Lovbyts says cutting them in half does help.

greenwell001 is offline Member
    Atomini uses sublingual, which is the kind that dissolves under the tongue, you guys might want to try doing that when you wake up in the middle of the night. Fastest entry into the bloodstream which might put you right back out.

The 12.5's I have are the controlled release. I think I've just built up a tolerance so ill have to take a break soon. I'm gonna try breaking one into 4 pieces and taking 11/4 tonight. I think I might ask the dr for an additional script of the sublingual ones. I've got a horrible schedule for the next few months so taking a break now is highly unlikely.

LB what muscle relaxers do you take? I have somas and skelaxin that I never take.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dont remember, but most anything should work.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwell001 View Post
    Atomini uses sublingual, which is the kind that dissolves under the tongue, you guys might want to try doing that when you wake up in the middle of the night. Fastest entry into the bloodstream which might put you right back out.
    Oh yeah, totally... within 5 minutes of dissolving it under the tongue, I was hit hard with the effects. Definitely the best kind if you need to get to sleep fast and immediately.

Thread Information