Atomini is offline Banned

What the hell was that food slicer thing promoted by the ShamWow guy???

I need a food slicer that can instantly cut large portions of food into small bits because when I throw my food into tupperware when i'm on the go so I can eat it quickly. I'm tired of standing there slicing my chicken breast, meat, whatever into bits with a knife and fork.

Then it came to mind, a few years ago I saw on TV a commercial for this slicer device (a small handheld thing) that you just throw your food into it, close it, and open it and you have nice squares and bits of food. And you could adjus it to different size chunks too. The ShamWow guy was presenting it I remember, and in the commercial he would throw cheese, vegetables, hard boiled eggs, everything into it and boom, under 1 second everything was perfectly cut into cubes. I think it was pretty inexpensive too.

What was it? Anyone remember or even have one?

BUTTERYGOODNESS is offline Anabolic Member
    Slap chop

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    If it looks too good to be true it probably sucks. IMO

Think so? How easy could it be to make something like that? It cant be that ineffective if its so simple. I'll look at reviews.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    [QUOTE=Atomini;6379161]Think so? How easy could it be to make something like that? It cant be that ineffective if its so simple. I'll look at reviews.[/QUOTE

I figurwe 3-4 uses before it breaks or falls apart. I could be wrong.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Just use a pair of kitchen scissors. It's faster and easier than a fork and knife.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I found one if those(different brand) at a grocery store for maybe 6 bucks. It chopped veggies and smaller items fine. I don't know how it would handle chicken breasts...Ever consider a blender?

Quote Originally Posted by bigZthedestroyer View Post
    I found one if those(different brand) at a grocery store for maybe 6 bucks. It chopped veggies and smaller items fine. I don't know how it would handle chicken breasts...Ever consider a blender?
    Yes, I went through a phase 6 months ago where I was blending everything. I just need it in small bits/cubes, not pureed.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Try pulsing it in your blender. If that fails pick up a food processor. I picked up one for under $100 and it works great. Be light on the button though. The difference between a perfect chop and mush is about 2 seconds.

I've got a Blendtec blender, it blends everything and can do practically anything. But my pet peeve is scooping out all of the food out of the corners of the jar and stuff. I know it isn't a huge deal, but when you're trying to pack multiple meals for the next day it can be annoying or nerve racking.

I might try browsing walmart or something to see if I can find a slap chop knock off.

Thread Information