I love this and if I had a kid would not hesitate to give similar advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCaOzmV0LE

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Lol so awesome. Bet the dude didn't screw with him anymore

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Wish I was allowed to do that as a kid lmao

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Hell most kids got guns now!

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Leveling out a bully with a rock isn't going to save the day for a kid getting bullied. Usually, the bully isn't acting alone and rock or not, a wimpy kid that gets bullied isn't going to fare well against 4 or 5 other kids. The only thing a kid can do is let the bullies win then and wait for them to be away from the group.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    He is one cool individual. Very composed person.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Leveling out a bully with a rock isn't going to save the day for a kid getting bullied. Usually, the bully isn't acting alone and rock or not, a wimpy kid that gets bullied isn't going to fare well against 4 or 5 other kids. The only thing a kid can do is let the bullies win then and wait for them to be away from the group.
    Because I was a runt as a little kid I have been in this situation. The solution is to find that one gangly lanky ugly kid who is jumping in on the bullying bandwagon and get him alone and beat his ass with witnesses. The big fat kid bullies who are twice as big as everyone else will give respect and back off and you don't get your ass whooped.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I was bullied terribly when I was a kid. I got beat up and had my nose broken. My dad taught me how to fight and after dropping a few kids through my days in school kids just knew I was coming out swinging. However I can be an angry person so I am not sure if this was the right solution or if your kid can even get away with doing this anymore becuase that kid that bullies is going to be the first one to sue when you whoop his ass.

I always think about how I will handle this as a parent.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    the girl at 1:56 gives him the "I'll let you put it in my butt" eyebrows

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Because I was a runt as a little kid I have been in this situation. The solution is to find that one gangly lanky ugly kid who is jumping in on the bullying bandwagon and get him alone and beat his ass with witnesses. The big fat kid bullies who are twice as big as everyone else will give respect and back off and you don't get your ass whooped.
    I bullied a kid pretty bad. I mean looking back I probably shouldn't have, but in the time it was like a sport to me. Even if he could kick my ass (which he couldn't) he wouldn't because my friends would just jump him before he had a chance to. So we'd just pick on him for sport. But that's how the whole hierarchy of school works. Every school has a kid that was tormented and there really is nothing they could do about it. And all this anti-bullying crap isn't going to change one thing.

The entire society is built around social hierarchies and because of that there will always be people that are bullied. If not like how a kid gets bullied in school, it'll be in how despite working hard the guy always gets passed up for promotions and raises. And it's always been against the rules to "bully." They just did it anyways.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I bullied a kid pretty bad. I mean looking back I probably shouldn't have, but in the time it was like a sport to me. Even if he could kick my ass (which he couldn't) he wouldn't because my friends would just jump him before he had a chance to. So we'd just pick on him for sport. But that's how the whole hierarchy of school works. Every school has a kid that was tormented and there really is nothing they could do about it. And all this anti-bullying crap isn't going to change one thing.

The entire society is built around social hierarchies and because of that there will always be people that are bullied. If not like how a kid gets bullied in school, it'll be in how despite working hard the guy always gets passed up for promotions and raises. And it's always been against the rules to "bully." They just did it anyways.
    Yeah but how you raise your kid can prevent them from being the one that gets picked on. Helping your kid have more self confidence as well as letting them know it's ok to push people out of their space. A good video was done by elliot hulse on the matter. It's why I don't get mad or stop my daughter if she pushes me out of her space or says no. If you take away their natural instincts of protecting themselves than they'll react differently. Maybe that kid had a father with control issues or had to constantly display being completely in charge in the house, and the kid was shut down in every instance, this can carry over into interactions with others and the kid can become a victim to others even when normally they could have stopped it.

I get what you are saying with what happens with groups of kids and that intimidates them, but if he picks up a rock and smashes you in the face, the other kids will scatter in most cases.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Don't really agree but ok sounds like you are trying to justify bad behavior in your childhood when you should just say it was in the past and we were kids etc etc and maybe you learned something from it. I dropped my first bully in 1st grade he looked like the fat kid who ate peoples lunches in kindergarten cop. He was messing with me shoving me from behind etc. I waited til he was running by me and stuck my leg out the kid olympic face dives into the dirt starts making love to it shit is in his mouth. He gets pissed chases after me but can't catch me cause he's fat. Teacher saw it all and broke us up said no more of this. I always from then on knew how to handle a bully you don't fight fair and you wait til they aren't expecting it. I have actually had to deal with a bully in the business world in the last few years and I broke him so bad he began to hyperventilate and was brought close to tears and ended up quitting the job within a year of me breaking him. He was an odd one I had 50 lbs on him but he wanted to come in and make snide remarks backhand remarks everyday so I gave him opportunities to straighten up and when he wouldn't I destroyed his career and with it the small shred of self esteem his small immasculine self was hanging on to. My brother was bullied very badly as a child and to my knowledge never stood up to bullies and he has a lot of issues as a result. My brother is a virgin with few friends whos favorite hobbies are to read or play video games alone. I do not think I am better than him he is much better than me in a lot of ways with his work ethic and as a human being. I just could not live the way he does. But he is a great example of how when someone is bullied from an early age (5-12 yrs) its possible they will never really completely come out of the hole it puts them in.
    Last edited by cherrydrpepper; 02-14-2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: edit: added some sentences to end of paragraph

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    School systems mess this up to.

One instance in particular, recess playing some game with a ball, kid comes out me flailing his arms because I made him mad or something, I don't even remember but it was just out of no where. as he got in close enough I gave him a quick hard shove backwards. Yard duty lady saw took us both to the principal and gave us both detention. I tried to explain exactly what I did it and the dumb bitch still said my actions weren't ok, so what do I do, let him hit me?

I know what I'm going to teach my kids, and if a school administrator tries to teach my kid differently they are going to get an earful from me. I'll pull a kid from school before I let them ruin my kids.

One time a kid was picking on me at school and got right up close in my face and I punched him dead center of his chest because he wouldn't back off or get off me. He said "your dead tomorrow" but he didn't really say it, he barely was able to get the words out, never came near me again.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Sorry Mates!

I'm raising the BS flag here. Just another storyteller telling a story.

..........and now back to our movie "The Gay Pirate"

Thread Information