Thread: Lower Back Pain

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Lower Back Pain

I have been dealing with it for 15 years. I am usually good for a really bad pull that cripples me every couple of years.

I attributed a lot of the pain to tight hamstrings and really work on my stretching however its not cutting it anymore.

I never went to find out if I had dislodged discs or something along those lines. I am pondering a chiropractor but I read its a bad idea.

Anyone have any feed back?

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    When I made it up to 315 deadlifts (nothing to brag about.. except when you consider how few guys lift this heavy) I got a lot of lower back pain. I did a lot of lower back stretches. Then I would do the back machine where you lean back. And I would do the roman chair exercise. These helped a lot.

I have a really bad shoulder issue I attribute to rotator cuff tear. I do 3 different shoulder exercises every other day that are specifically for rehabilitation. I found out about them on google and youtube. I would try these first if I did have a serious back issue. But there are guys on here who have been down this road that will have better advice.

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    Deep tissue massages (once a month) have helped A TON to loosen up my lower back/hams.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    I tore the muscles in my lumbar area on the seated row machine with warm up weight by jerking it. I suffer all the time. For me it is the scar tissue that does not give. No elasticity, I stretch a bit, but mostly work around it being very careful. No barbell bent over rows, no dead lift. I have degenerate discs at 61 so I am just very careful. Again for me I live on IBuprofen and take care of my stomach with prilosec ...crazy mike
    Last edited by crazy mike; 03-02-2013 at 08:18 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If its really out of alignment nothing wrong with a chiropractorif you find a good one. I have used them off and on over the years and they can be a life saver at times

I have a spot in my upper back shoulder blade area on the right side that a rip pops out of place sometimes due to an avt accident years ago. When it pops out it feels like someone is stickinf a knife in my back to ky chest. With the right adjustment its instantly better

Finding a good chiropractor is key. Most are pretty good now days just see if you are comfortable with them and if they seem to want you to keep coming back after its fixed. It won't be fixed with one visit and will take a while for your body to adjust foe propper alignment. Your muscles are use to it being miss aligned.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Consider an MRI just to make sure it's only muscle issues!

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunk1 View Post
    consider an mri just to make sure it's only muscle issues!
    x2!!

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Could be tax pain...

Thread Information