lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Reversed cervical Lordosis

Anyone ever have this or know much about it besides what Google has to offer?

As some of you may remember almost exactly 2 years ago I had on extreme cramp between my shoulder blades that was debilitating at the time and within a couple days it is spread 2 cramping in both of my shoulders.

From what I have read this is pretty common with Reversed cervical Lordosis and disc disease or herniation at C5-C6.

I have had this cramping happened several times over the years but nothing as extreme as 2 years ago when it also tweaked my shoulders really bad and leading to my rotator cuff injury in surgery one year ago.

Recently my back has been doing this again since I started lifting a little more aggressively. So far I've just been treating it with anti inflammatory and ice but last night it started to get bad again to the point where it's affecting my shoulders again. Obviously I'm going to have to be careful and not over do it so I don't end up in the same position as I did 2 years ago.

Typically this is caused by some type of drama or whiplash and no doubt that in my case this is a contributing factor.

Anyone have any suggestions besides going to see a good neurologist and getting xrays and MRI to see if or what damage has actually been done?

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Sorry no. But that sound pretty rough. MuscleInk resident MD probably can dig something up.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Can your physical therapist do neck traction?

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    Can your physical therapist do neck traction?
    Yes I'm sure and helpfully that is all it needs but I'm sure an mri is is in order since its been ongoing for years.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    damn dude!

I know nothing about this condition. if you are going to lift, i'd suggest keeping it real light for now.

and focus on other areas that do not get aggrevated with lifting?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    damn dude!

I know nothing about this condition. if you are going to lift, i'd suggest keeping it real light for now.

and focus on other areas that do not get aggrevated with lifting?
    So u think the lifting is part of issue. Maybe less range too?

I think back exercises such as lat pulldowns seem to agrivate it. Like last time it was after back day.

Its possible I have a fractured disc from one of my atv crashes but won't know until after I get an mri. In the mean time ill just lower weight and intensity on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I think back exercises such as lat pulldowns seem to agrivate it. Like last time it was after back day.

Its possible I have a fractured disc from one of my atv crashes but won't know until after I get an mri. In the mean time ill just lower weight and intensity on the back.
    it's always something, aint it?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

it's always something, aint it?
    Always... I'm staying on top of it though and not going to let it stop me this time.

Always... I'm staying on top of it though and not going to let it stop me this time.
    so that means you are staying in the contest, right?

so that means you are staying in the contest, right?
    Hell yes... its not a game changer at thos point, its under control. I just have to figure out the main thing that is agrivating it and change things up.

Hell yes... its not a game changer at thos point, its under control. I just have to figure out the main thing that is agrivating it and change things up.
    oh?

see, it's like this....

....the others took a collection and came up with $2 if you'd resign from the competition. I think they're scared....? =)

oh?

see, it's like this....

....the others took a collection and came up with $2 if you'd resign from the competition. I think they're scared....? =)
    Let me know when it reaches $200

AD
    if you want to stick to conservative treatment, its going to be therapy and traction and meds. if you don't mind going to the hospital, with an mri done, they may start talking about surgery. decompression and maybe single level fusion.

AD
    unless the mri shows multi level problems...

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    if you want to stick to conservative treatment, its going to be therapy and traction and meds. if you don't mind going to the hospital, with an mri done, they may start talking about surgery. decompression and maybe single level fusion.
    It will all depend on what the MRI shows. Surgery/fusion will be the last option either way.

optionsdude is offline Member
    I had a disc replacement at c-5,c-6 to fix a piched nerve. The pain went right across scapula area through shoulder down into my hand. It started with constant spasms and pain in left shoulder blade area. Any exercises involving traps always did it to me. I'm coming up on 3 year anniversary of the surgery and I can actually do some trap involved exercises like lateral dumbell raises and very light upright rows now. The traction provided a little relief and nerve blocking meds like neurontin (gabapentin) helped as well but made me feel extremely depressed and moody at times.

Well that doesn't sound like much fun. I have an apt on the 10 with a neurologist and will get an MRI shortly after.

Thread Information