Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: *What's life about*

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

*What's life about*

What are your personal thoughts on what is life all about?

Be as broad minded or small minded as you like what does life mean to you and what do you think its all about?

sawyer86 is offline Member
    you do come up with some good questions marcus, i dont even think i know where to start with an answer! what are your thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86 View Post
    you do come up with some good questions marcus, i dont even think i know where to start with an answer! what are your thoughts on this?
    Come on have a think and let us know your thoughts, your deeper thoughts about what's life about....I will chime in my thoughts soon

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    My answer would change depending on my stage in lfe at the time. As I have gotten older and more mature...life is about being the best husband and father I can be.

i get where lunk is cominng from i have a 2 year old daughter and i cant think of a better reason to get up on a morning!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    For me, life is about quality, peace, happiness, and fulfillment.

Doing good things, acts of kindness, making others feel good, being a good person/husband/friend/father/brother etc.

I am most certainly not saying I fit this most of the time; far from it. But this is my (romanticized) idea of what it's really all about. All the other crap... EVERYTHING... is just a distraction from what's really important and substantial. We're briefly on this planet. We can leave good energy, or bad energy. That can be in the form of things we have accomplished, the children we've raised, etc. You have 1 life to make an impact on SOMETHING/SOMEONE... make it something positive.
    Last edited by gbrice75; 04-04-2013 at 02:35 PM.

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    It's what you make it:
    You can be boring and coast through just being average joe
    OR
    You can set small targets and goals, hit them targets and goals then set more.

I found you can't say "in 10 years I want to be here" that's not going to work life has a way of throwing unforeseen circumstances.

Make out of your life what you can just be happy doing it

We're only here once so live that life.

I know people who have never left the county but are happy with their lives and that's great.
    Me I want to travel there's a big world out there and I would like to see it if its possible.

I'm being the best dad I can to my 2 young children and right now they are my life.
    My traveling plans are on hold but I will resume them one day.

As long as your happy in yourself than life is good
    Java Man likes this.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    SidVicious77 likes this.

Woow guy's that's nice

Quote Originally Posted by -Ender-
    To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    Trust you

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

Doing good things, acts of kindness, making others feel good, being a good person/friend/father/brother etc.

I am most certainly not saying I fit this most of the time; far from it. But this is my (romanticized) idea of what it's really all about. All the other crap... EVERYTHING... is just a distraction from what's really important and substantial. We're briefly on this planet. We can leave good energy, or bad energy. That can be in the form of things we have accomplished, the children we've raised, etc. You have 1 life to make an impact on SOMETHING/SOMEONE... make it something positive.
    Bollocks, you only live once and it is short, you should be out to get as much of what you want as you can. Sod the rest you won't know them when you're dead!

j/k
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    It's what you make it:
    You can be boring and coast through just being average joe
    OR
    You can set small targets and goals, hit them targets and goals then set more.

I found you can't say "in 10 years I want to be here" that's not going to work life has a way of throwing unforeseen circumstances.

Make out of your life what you can just be happy doing it

We're only here once so live that life.

I know people who have never left the county but are happy with their lives and that's great.
    Me I want to travel there's a big world out there and I would like to see it if its possible.

I'm being the best dad I can to my 2 young children and right now they are my life.
    My traveling plans are on hold but I will resume them one day.

As long as your happy in yourself than life is good
    By the way...it's about pic update time of that little monster!

being the best person i can be and trying to leave my mark. it may not be as big of a mark as others but its my mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

6 months old 2 weeks ago going so fast

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

Original thread updated as per your request mate

Sorry Marcus

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!

-Forrest Gump-

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Jeff Spicoli: All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    RaginCajun: All I need are some tasty women, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
    Fixed!

JuiceNovice is offline New Member
    Life is about **** bitches get money and JUICE Up!

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceNovice View Post
    So much to learn...20-25 I'm guessing???

Having fun and enjoying yourself

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The purpose of life is to survive and evolve, there's nothing more to it than that. If you're lucky enough to survive, you breed, and you die, but your species carries on, stronger than the last generation.

From a humanitarian point of view, I think the purpose of life is to be happy. If you can live a life, a happy life that doesn't involve screwing others over, then I think that is a good life.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    For me life used to be just about me.. Now life is also about others. This life is infinitely important as it decides where we will spend eternity. The Lord saw fit to deliver me from my life of death, now it is up to me to be used by Him to spread THE GOOD NEWS: Christ died so that we could be forgiven for our sins. All who believe in Him are forgiven for their sin and spend eternity with Him. All who do not believe will spend eternity in torment and isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceNovice
    Wow got to be one of euroholics friends?

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!-Forrest Gump-
    Damn you!! That's what came to mind when I saw the title lol. Lifes a garden dig it.Some random hippie.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    Wow got to be one of euroholics friends?
    Close friend wink wink.

Quote Originally Posted by bdos900
    Close friend wink wink.
    How did I guess lol

blake170 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

Doing good things, acts of kindness, making others feel good, being a good person/husband/friend/father/brother etc.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    For me life used to be just about me.. Now life is also about others. This life is infinitely important as it decides where we will spend eternity. The Lord saw fit to deliver me from my life of death, now it is up to me to be used by Him to spread THE GOOD NEWS: Christ died so that we could be forgiven for our sins. All who believe in Him are forgiven for their sin and spend eternity with Him. All who do not believe will spend eternity in torment and isolation.

These two answers are perfect. Life is about happiness; I believe we're meant to be happy. However, as we mature and learn, we discover that happiness is best achieved through service to others. If our happiness is only self centered, it's fleeting. Being grateful for what we already have, and SHOWING that gratitude are the most meaningful things we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by blake170

These two answers are perfect. Life is about happiness; I believe we're meant to be happy. However, as we mature and learn, we discover that happiness is best achieved through service to others. If our happiness is only self centered, it's fleeting. Being grateful for what we already have, and SHOWING that gratitude are the most meaningful things we can do.
    To a certain extent I agree there is nothing better than helping somebody but if one was on a journey of discovering ones self or of self enlightenment, others happiness rarely comes into this.

Ive travelled a lot by myself and was content and happy without a care in the world for others.
    Now this isn't me being a selfish bastard.
    I was truly in my element seeing sights on my own doing my own thing

Here is the reality on happiness! Too many ppl think they need to pursue happiness by finding a new job, banging a diff chick, having more $ and so on. Reality is that happiness is a mind set. You have to find peace and happiness within and it changes your outlook on all of the other things you are unhappy with

duality of man
    The intuitive and psychological confusing nature of mankind to be twofold. The state of being in two qualities.
    The duality of man to destroy itself:
    "In order for peace, you must prepare for war."

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    x 2 !!!

Jesus saved my life, my marriage and has given me hope in an otherwise worthless life. I thought if I died I left no mark, at least nothing positive. I was selfish (hence being a competitive BB'r), mean, miserable unable to love . Now I try to do our lords work, help others, be content and a better husband. The first 37 years of my life were drug, alcohol, anger driven waste of time, well so I thought. I prayed for strength and guidance. My creator answered me by having me speak at both church services this Easter, gave my testimonial. So many people came up afterwards and asked for advice or just thanked me because they have been through the same and I gave them hope. Not only has Jesus saved me, but showed me all those years weren't a waste.....they were a lesson and with that lesson I can help others. To me life is living the way our lord intended. PRAISE THE LORD.
    Last edited by BG; 04-04-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    To leave this world better than it was when I came into it.

stpete is offline Banned
    I, just in the past couple years started thinking about what i want my obituary to read.

When i started doing that, life kinda changed. Focusing on being a good Father, Husband(now pretty much failed) and friend was most important by far. I've realized that material things don't mean that much. At least to me they don't. Friendships mean more than any hot rod i can build, how much money i can make.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    I, just in the past couple years started thinking about what i want my obituary to read.

When i started doing that, life kinda changed. Focusing on being a good Father, Husband(now pretty much failed) and friend was most important by far. I've realized that material things don't mean that much. At least to me they don't. Friendships mean more than any hot rod i can build, how much money i can make.
    Preach it Pete...and the husband thing still may happen someday....faith

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    life is all about smashing weights and lifting women... I wouldent mind winning a victoria cross either that would be cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    life is all about smashing weights and lifting women... I wouldent mind winning a victoria cross either that would be cool...
    I really do have hopes that you find more substance in life someday. None of those weights or birds you banged will step up to speak of your character at your funeral.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I really do have hopes that you find more substance in life someday. None of those weights or birds you banged will step up to speak of your character at your funeral.
    Yes but with a funeral plan that envloves fireworks,strippers and a open bar i expect a big attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Yes but with a funeral plan that envloves fireworks,strippers and a open bar i expect a big attendance.
    Check Mate

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic

I thought you were gay?

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread Information