noon is offline Senior Member

Hostage rescue training.

Spent my day in full riot gear in an old NY prison while the state conducted a hostage rescue scenario . Response teams from all over the state. My unit was tasked with the perimeter control and when given the go ahead by brass we were to clear the yard of all mock convicts with all the force we use on real convicts.
    So. While waiting for the go ahead. The men playing rioting convicts were wearing what the convicts wear and acting the part . They were acting the part so convincingly that three hours in they were pissing me off. And flat out angering me. I started forgetting that they were playing the part. And they
    Had hostages and were treating them exactly how you would expect. They had taken a building and the yard connected to it. By the time we were let of the leash we took the yard quickly and crushed any on in he yard. Several men retreated into the building. Any way there was one guy that I wanted to get my hands on so bad I was shaking at the idea of getting him. When we finally cracked the door leading to them they had tied the door with a fire hose we cut it and two flash bangs were thrown in . We followed quickly. When I saw the man I was looking for he knew I was looking for him. I had to be pulled off of him I was choking him with my baton.
    Long story short. The situation was so real and the things they were doing pushed my buttons so hard I feel like I momentarily lost it. Now the man I was attempting to incapacitate was fighting back. So I was justified in my actions
    Crazy feelings just wanted to know if any one has ever disconnected like this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Whats your job?

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Wouldn't your actions on this test have a negative impact on your psych test?

noon is offline Senior Member
    It wasn't a test it was a live scenario wo
    Ith both sides fighting hard.
    And I passed my psychological exam years ago.

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    I remember doing similar in a "killing house" in South Africa using simunition 9mm
    Amazing experience

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok then, well no i have never blacked out while beating on anyone

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Hey I am with you bro! Nothing worse than listening to BS!

Thread Information