Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: WHAT DRIVES U, why do you train??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355

    WHAT DRIVES U, why do you train??

    For me its really as simple as making sure i look as good as possible for me AND as the missus has.a few "ahem" years on me, i gotta look damn good for her too. After all my great looks and natural charm and intellectually interesting conversations will only do so well,

    Ok, just as i post this. Her friend says im boring cuz ive simply stated there are 100 parts to perfecting your life. Going out drinking isnt one of them.

    So, its up to u fantastic ppl.shall i go out just the once?

    please bare in mind i dont **** about, were talking 5+jugs of 5double mixxed coctails n maybe 4-5 pints in 4-5 hours.

    But. It is only one day. N i get to sing (which i dont get much chance to do). I got 5 guitars, keyboard, sax, recording studio the lot. N never use it ;-(

    Anyway. Goin deep. Lol. Should buy violin haha. Vote away!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Pittsburgh412 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    405
    I train to be as strong as possible, and I'm in the process if stripping bodyfat to look good aswell
    MajorPectorial likes this.

  3. #3
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    To get laid.
    MajorPectorial likes this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  4. #4
    frank13's Avatar
    frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,489
    i train so i don't kill people
    MajorPectorial and AD like this.

  5. #5
    cj111's Avatar
    cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,320
    I'd rather not be one of those old people decrepid and in a wheel chair by age 60 not able to function anymore
    Its a hobby, like other things people do.. I wouldn't give it up for anything
    MajorPectorial likes this.

  6. #6
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,412
    GO OUT!!! GET ON IT!! ENJOY!!..........BUT only if that's what you fancy doing mate. don't do it to prove you are not boring, cos that's just silly.
    MajorPectorial likes this.

  7. #7
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,412
    I train because I love it!!!........it makes me feel great!.........and I enjoy pushing myself.

    though I party just as hard! lol......
    MajorPectorial likes this.

  8. #8
    Pittsburgh412 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by frank13
    i train so i don't kill people
    I Forgot about how much stress it relieves to go workout
    MajorPectorial likes this.

  9. #9
    Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Between mrs.misery's legs
    Posts
    5,091
    I train because I kill people and I like it. I train and push my body so that when I meet my enemies both foreign and domestic I come out victorious.











    And what Austinite said.
    MajorPectorial likes this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh412 View Post
    I train to be as strong as possible, and I'm in the process if stripping bodyfat to look good aswell
    Yeh im feeling that. I train so hard, so much for so long, my one training partner thats been with me a year. I double on everything he lifts, n hes pretty well proportioned for his size. It defo feels goid to know ur stronger etc

    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    To get laid.
    What can i say?, lmao. Id get laid anyway. But having more strength n stamina definitely helps for some interesting "ab time"

    Quote Originally Posted by frank13 View Post
    i train so i don't kill people
    Id defo keep training ???. But yeah. Great great way to ball all your current anger, troubles, frustrations and throw them into every damn rep you do. Hammer the **** outta them muscles!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    I'd rather not be one of those old people decrepid and in a wheel chair by age 60 not able to function anymore
    Its a hobby, like other things people do.. I wouldn't give it up for anything
    umm. You do realise that your going to live even longer now so youll get to experience the decrepid stage for a bit longer!!! hahaha!! shit. Im falling apart already!


    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    GO OUT!!! GET ON IT!! ENJOY!!..........BUT only if that's what you fancy doing mate. don't do it to prove you are not boring, cos that's just silly.
    i do enjoy it. Love it. Everyone loves it when im out so its good to catch up.

    But, i decided pretty much straight away. Ima do it cuz it makes her happy. Cuz i enjoy doing that. ;-)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    I train because I love it!!!........it makes me feel great!.........and I enjoy pushing myself.

    though I party just as hard! lol......
    You make me wanna start a party pic thread. For all those mad party ppl out there!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery13 View Post
    I train because I kill people and I like it. I train and push my body so that when I meet my enemies both foreign and domestic I come out victorious.

    And what Austinite said.
    you mean u like killing people. Or you like getting better at it

    Lolz

  13. #13
    Shadow530i is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    147
    Gonna need your stats before I can accurately give you advice regarding your topic.
    MajorPectorial likes this.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow530i View Post
    Gonna need your stats before I can accurately give you advice regarding your topic.
    My stats. K

    32
    6Ft3n a quarter (that counts apparently)
    20%bf (im already into 5* extra hiit style sessions half hour after 1 n half hour extremely hard specific muscle point training)
    110kg (240lbs?) im uk. Ive maintained this weight cutting from 22% bf in 2 weeks(edit. Tho last stamp was april. Ive only started the hiit for two. Thrd week starts tomorrow). I have one year to the day thread. That was only concentrating on putting on muscle.
    As to macros. Personally i eat right. And enough of it. Dont believe in cheat meals so cycle with "tastier" carbs instead.

    Hope this helps ;-)
    Last edited by MajorPectorial; 05-19-2013 at 12:57 PM.

  15. #15
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by justincwade View Post
    You make me wanna start a party pic thread. For all those mad party ppl out there!!!
    Partying is amazing!!......ive partied since I was a kid, the life and soul so to speak........gong to raves, house patys,clubs, Ibiza holidays.......love them all BUT I am getting no younger and made a choice to ease back.....

    still have a blow out every 3-6 month though.....haha

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post

    Partying is amazing!!......ive partied since I was a kid, the life and soul so to speak........gong to raves, house patys,clubs, Ibiza holidays.......love them all BUT I am getting no younger and made a choice to ease back.....

    still have a blow out every 3-6 month though.....haha
    i gotta admit. Now n again ill drag 10-15 back with a few optic bottles voddy.

    I can hook the karaoke up through my studio rack so ppl luv it. N ive never "heard" the neighbours complain.

    Man. Raves. Or better the last minute informed illegal raves were amazing!! haha. One thing tho. Up.to.like a year afo. Id dance all night. Now. I dont. N tbh. Its like im just not into dancin no more... this i miss above all. ;-(

    I may have a go tonight. For that. Itll have to be jager bombs lol

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    N im surprised noones teared into me about my bf. Lol. Thing is bloody missus has said she sees any more veins popping out or i get too big she will leave me!!!

    I ordered a kilo of citrulline. Ill call her bluff!! hahaaa

  18. #18
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by justincwade View Post
    i gotta admit. Now n again ill drag 10-15 back with a few optic bottles voddy.

    I can hook the karaoke up through my studio rack so ppl luv it. N ive never "heard" the neighbours complain.

    Man. Raves. Or better the last minute informed illegal raves were amazing!! haha. One thing tho. Up.to.like a year afo. Id dance all night. Now. I dont. N tbh. Its like im just not into dancin no more... this i miss above all. ;-(

    I may have a go tonight. For that. Itll have to be jager bombs lol
    my favourite tipple! (when im on one)
    Last edited by energizer bunny; 05-19-2013 at 01:57 PM.

  19. #19
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,707
    I workout bc it makes me feel better. I live everyday in pain bc of a series of unfortunate accidents. The other option of pain meds is not gonna work for me. I would get addicted and the pain would only be masked by a doctors prescription. The more I move the better I feel.....and I like the way I look better when I workout.

  20. #20
    DCI's Avatar
    DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,542
    I do it because I enjoy pushing myself and always been kind of a person who likes to rely on myself and no one else. So the gym really suits me and I can't stand sitting at home every evening bored

  21. #21
    knuckles69's Avatar
    knuckles69 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    196
    Throughout my life I've only ever been able to rely and trust one person and that's me so I train to be the best there is for when I need to step up

  22. #22
    tigerspawn's Avatar
    tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,976
    I train because it calms me down. When I can’t remain calm I go for a run, workout, or do yard work. The cops don’t even stop anymore and ask me what I’m doing late at night even when I’m digging a hole in my back yard. They just ask how long it’s going to take laugh uncomfortably and leave.

  23. #23
    3day's Avatar
    3day is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    517
    I train so when freaks like yous guys come nocking at my door for a date with my little girl i won't have to use the shotgun

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by 3day View Post
    I train so when freaks like yous guys come nocking at my door for a date with my little girl i won't have to use the shotgun
    lmao. I got tyat to come!! (i have a daughter... i dont mean knocking n ur door!!! haha)

    you know (oh im.pissed by the way. Thanks to energizer raver lolz), ,anyway, wot was i.saying?, oh yeh. When i started this, the thread i mean, i wondered what inspired people, n to see the inspiration, the heart of what makes ppl push themselves to their limits is in itself inspiring.

    Im glad i asked this question, and im.actuallyoverwhelmed with the inspitational quotes each and every one of you have said.

    Its not what we say, but wuat we actually.DO, that defines us. Each and everyone of us go that extra mile to achieve what others cant even contemplate doing.

    So, i just wanna say,

    U LOT ROX MY SOX.

    Now i gotta sleep. I got back hy 12:30,, still pretty pissed so need to sleep or im screwed for gym.

    Gnght. N a pissed up blessin for all of u

    Woop woop!! ZZZzzzzzz

  25. #25
    diesel101's Avatar
    diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    upper midwest
    Posts
    4,324
    I was tired of getting picked on by the big kids at recess time!

  26. #26
    auswest is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    2,110
    Blog Entries
    2
    I was tired of having nothing that made me different to other people no real identity, the only thing I could boast about was being able to drink more than my mates. Drinking just got me in trouble, so I gave up the booze and dedicated myself to the gym and diet and everything else that comes with it. I feel alot better, much more confident. No more alcohol to hide behind. And I have now found my own identity.
    I feel my best when I'm in the gym, muscles all pumped up, I just feel at home, feel better than anything else has ever made me feel.

    Being called small all the time didn't help either
    Last edited by auswest; 05-19-2013 at 09:17 PM.

  27. #27
    evander87's Avatar
    evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,448
    I used to be fat. That made me depressed. I self medicated with booze to feel better. But the booze made me fatter. It was a vicious cycle. But with hard work and dedication I lost weight and working out got me out of the depression and made me confident. I know I'm never going back. So I train everyday.

    Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.
    Shadow530i likes this.

  28. #28
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,533
    I just want my legs to be bigger than Marcus arms

  29. #29
    bdos's Avatar
    bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Skippy's pouch
    Posts
    3,327
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I just want my legs to be bigger than Marcus arms
    Shooting for the stars there buddy

  30. #30
    jimmy726's Avatar
    jimmy726 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    179
    I am a recovered fat guy who was Hugh and.now I'm.slim. I set goals in life and never fail so I train all the time to get me to the next challenge

  31. #31
    kitstreasure's Avatar
    kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Married to Kit
    Posts
    1,050
    Because my life depends on it.

  32. #32
    basketballfan22's Avatar
    basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Colorado.
    Posts
    1,256
    I started for primarily athletic reasons, but it didn't take long for my vanity to take over. Now it is only about being more ripped and attractive than other guys which is great for self confidence, happiness, and to get laid more.
    austinite likes this.

  33. #33
    RescuesPitbulls's Avatar
    RescuesPitbulls is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    123
    I was picked on a lot when i was younger. I live in NYC, i love feeling swole & strong. I love walking by with my girlfriend knowing guys can't fk with me.

    Lifting doesn't meet i can defend myself than a trained fighter but the intimidation factor when walking through a bad neighborhood is always on my side.

    I also love bodybuilding.

  34. #34
    Shadow530i is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by justincwade View Post
    My stats. K

    32
    6Ft3n a quarter (that counts apparently)
    20%bf (im already into 5* extra hiit style sessions half hour after 1 n half hour extremely hard specific muscle point training)
    110kg (240lbs?) im uk. Ive maintained this weight cutting from 22% bf in 2 weeks(edit. Tho last stamp was april. Ive only started the hiit for two. Thrd week starts tomorrow). I have one year to the day thread. That was only concentrating on putting on muscle.
    As to macros. Personally i eat right. And enough of it. Dont believe in cheat meals so cycle with "tastier" carbs instead.

    Hope this helps ;-)
    **** partying, keep gettin' it in at the GYM and gettin' those GAAAIINNNZZZZ

    that's what matters.

    In 6-12 weeks when you hit 15% or less go have a fun night out if that's your way of rewarding yourself for the effort you've been putting in--who knows, maybe by that point you'll just wanna train more and won't care what anyone thinks about how "interesting" you are.

    Truly not giving a **** what other people think about you is quite a liberating feeling.

  35. #35
    Shadow530i is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    I used to be fat. That made me depressed. I self medicated with booze to feel better. But the booze made me fatter. It was a vicious cycle. But with hard work and dedication I lost weight and working out got me out of the depression and made me confident. I know I'm never going back. So I train everyday.

    Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.
    Couldn't of said it better myself.

  36. #36
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,490
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    I'd rather not be one of those old people decrepid and in a wheel chair by age 60 not able to function anymore
    Its a hobby, like other things people do.. I wouldn't give it up for anything
    ^^^ This ^^^ the direction I was going I would have been in the wheel chair before 60.

  37. #37
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,280
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I workout bc it makes me feel better. I live everyday in pain bc of a series of unfortunate accidents. The other option of pain meds is not gonna work for me. I would get addicted and the pain would only be masked by a doctors prescription. The more I move the better I feel.....and I like the way I look better when I workout.
    Weightlifting gave me my life back too. The pain management clinics don't help really. It just dopes you up so that your mind can't function, but you're still in pain, but not caring that you're in pain. To me it was either keep going and uping the dose or hit the gym and get some real relief.

    I don't use any pain meds aside from Aleve at all anymore (when arthritis is bothering me).

    But I mostly go just for fun though.

  38. #38
    AD's Avatar
    AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,809
    i train so i can look better than some of my friends who are richer than me. if i can't beat them financially, at least i can aesthetically.
    DCI likes this.

  39. #39
    DCI's Avatar
    DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,542
    Lol at the rich comment but i get were you are coming from. I bet all your friends make excuses and say that they will get a pt and do the latest fad diet of probably one pea a day and 23 shakes and they will be as big as you andas ripped i get it a good bit just laugh and ignore them

  40. #40
    krugerr's Avatar
    krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK (Nr London)
    Posts
    3,902
    I train because I like to be bigger than other people. I like people saying "**** me, look at that guy", granted Im not the physique of the week, but Im big and when im in a shirt at work, it makes me look gooooooooood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •