Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kitstreasure

Thread: Need help!

skoalslayer39 is offline New Member

Need help!

Hello, I'm an 18 year old baseball player who will be Playing division 1 college baseball next year. I need something to increase my strength, not get me too huge because I still need to throw etc. but I have also had 3 shoulder surgeries and continue to have shoulder problems today, so I need something that won't effect my shoulder.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    The only answer according to your age is FOOD buddy!

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspaco View Post
    This! If you're having shoulder injuries, you need to identify what is causing it.

I have constant shoulder Injuries that I'm going to have to deal with for my life, but I need something to get me stronger so when I'm playing division 1 baseball next year I'll have a leg up on the other guys

Quote Originally Posted by skoalslayer39 View Post
    I have constant shoulder Injuries that I'm going to have to deal with for my life, but I need something to get me stronger so when I'm playing division 1 baseball next year I'll have a leg up on the other guys
    See the below quote...again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspaco View Post

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr
    See the below quote...again.
    Food is not the answer

Doom44 is offline Member
    Yea buddy. Food is the answer

kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Have you read the stuff in the injury and rehab forum? You're young, your body will heal itself. You should probably look into your pitching mechanics if that's how you keep injuring your shoulder.

Look into micro-nutrients and how they help the body.

Quote Originally Posted by kitstreasure
    Have you read the stuff in the injury and rehab forum? You're young, your body will heal itself. You should probably look into your pitching mechanics if that's how you keep injuring your shoulder.

Look into micro-nutrients and how they help the body.
    I'm not worried to much about the shoulder. I just need something that won't be too heavy on the joints

I'm not worried to much about the shoulder. I just need something that won't be too heavy on the joints
    Basically you're wanting us to condone you the use of some AAS, then you want us to tell you what to use, and at what dosage.

Not happening, if you're training and want to get bigger, then the answer is food. If you have injured yourself, you need to recover, as Kits said, hit up the Injury&Rehab section. You need to identify whats causing the injury so you can fix it. There isnt a magic pill that we can offer you.

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skoalslayer39

Easy omega oils 3,6,9
    Joints sorted :-)

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr

Basically you're wanting us to condone you the use of some AAS, then you want us to tell you what to use, and at what dosage.

Not happening, if you're training and want to get bigger, then the answer is food. If you have injured yourself, you need to recover, as Kits said, hit up the Injury&Rehab section. You need to identify whats causing the injury so you can fix it. There isnt a magic pill that we can offer you.
    I just want to know what I can take to get stronger and hit the ball farther. Like many major league and college players do, take supplements to enhance their abilities. I'm not looking for something to help with my injury. People have mentioned to me something about Anavar ?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by skoalslayer39

I just want to know what I can take to get stronger and hit the ball farther. Like many major league and college players do, take supplements to enhance their abilities. I'm not looking for something to help with my injury. People have mentioned to me something about Anavar?
    And what have your investigations told you about anavar ? And on cycle support? And PCT? And your HPTA?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Welcome there is a lot of material on this forum to help an athlete. Help with diet and strength training. There is information to those who are using steroids , there is info to help the newbie, IF QUALIFIED to tweak in his/her cycle.
    W e (I) don't condone the use until a mans body has matured and I don't know when per-say so I thing 24-25 yrs. and you are not. So I can't give advice on that. Diet (food) and strength training would be best for you IMHOP. Get into STRENGTH training for your pitching and hitting. There are specifics. Please seek that help. Last thing, I think that and steroid will hurt your present condition by making your muscles stronger at a quicker rate then you are growing, then allowing you to reinjure the shoulder. crazy mike

NOT to mention your Endo system etc..

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have to agree with the OP, food is not the answer. Yes he still needs to eat and eat well but food is not the answer to every problem. Drives me crazy that many think it is, but we're talking about a baseball player for crying out loud, not a bodybuilder and most importantly a pitcher. Eating more food isn't going to make his shoulder hurt less or make him throw harder or protect him from injury over the season.

OP, you're too young for gear. Even if you have the idea of playing pro ball, which I'm sure you do if you're playing Div 1 ball you're still too young. If you pitch well over the next 2yrs or so and can maintain without any serious injuries, if you have a pro ball shot I guarantee you that you'll find a team doctor that wants to do a few things with you hormone wise. I'm not saying you should but that's what'll happen. In the meantime just do your best to pitch as smart as you can. Don't let some idiot coach tell you to man up and pitch to early if your shoulder is still on fire from the last game you pitched. Make sure there are plenty of good fats in your diet for joint and muscle health and I know I said food is not the answer and it's not but that doesn't mean you can't make sure you're doing these simple things. Anyway, from there wait it out a few yrs and then see where you're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject
    I have to agree with the OP, food is not the answer. Yes he still needs to eat and eat well but food is not the answer to every problem. Drives me crazy that many think it is, but we're talking about a baseball player for crying out loud, not a bodybuilder and most importantly a pitcher. Eating more food isn't going to make his shoulder hurt less or make him throw harder or protect him from injury over the season.

OP, you're too young for gear. Even if you have the idea of playing pro ball, which I'm sure you do if you're playing Div 1 ball you're still too young. If you pitch well over the next 2yrs or so and can maintain without any serious injuries, if you have a pro ball shot I guarantee you that you'll find a team doctor that wants to do a few things with you hormone wise. I'm not saying you should but that's what'll happen. In the meantime just do your best to pitch as smart as you can. Don't let some idiot coach tell you to man up and pitch to early if your shoulder is still on fire from the last game you pitched. Make sure there are plenty of good fats in your diet for joint and muscle health and I know I said food is not the answer and it's not but that doesn't mean you can't make sure you're doing these simple things. Anyway, from there wait it out a few yrs and then see where you're at.
    Thank you for finally understanding!!! I agree, but I am not a pitcher. I don't have to worry about throwing during games to much. I'm a position player, I want more power in my swing so I can drive balls farther, which is why I'm not too worried about throwing because I'm not a pitcher. I would like for you to respond since you understand where I'm coming from and now know that I am not a pitcher.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    you need to learn to workout and eat to get stronger.

yes, AAS will help but you are too young to be doing any AAS because of your endocrine system is not fully developed.

also, you can get with a trainer that will have workouts specified to baseball and power.

you can achieve everything you want to by doing those things, plain and simple. just depends on how bad you want it!

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Thank you for finally understanding!!! I agree, but I am not a pitcher. I don't have to worry about throwing during games to much. I'm a position player, I want more power in my swing so I can drive balls farther, which is why I'm not too worried about throwing because I'm not a pitcher. I would like for you to respond since you understand where I'm coming from and now know that I am not a pitcher.
    Op, as you can reread my post I am saying the same. You need to do strength training for your sport and specific activity like pitching and or hitting. I remains solid in my advice that the use of steroids will strengthen you faster than you are growing, thus most likely will come an injury. So I too understand your dilemma and still stand that if it would be very dangerous in your baseball career to do steroids as well as the rest of your functions as a man for the rest of your life. So good luck, I hope some one will direct you to some good baseball STRENGTH training. Welcome again I say...crazy mike

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike

Op, as you can reread my post I am saying the same. You need to do strength training for your sport and specific activity like pitching and or hitting. I remains solid in my advice that the use of steroids will strengthen you faster than you are growing, thus most likely will come an injury. So I too understand your dilemma and still stand that if it would be very dangerous in your baseball career to do steroids as well as the rest of your functions as a man for the rest of your life. So good luck, I hope some one will direct you to some good baseball STRENGTH training. Welcome again I say...crazy mike
    Nothing along the lines of a test booster or anything? Maybe IG-F ?

kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Skoal, the problem you're facing is that at your age and where your body is at the moment, using any kind of hormones or AAS runs the risk of not only screwing up your own natural production of these things, but also the likelihood of permanently disfiguring your body. So, you can go for the "quick fix", that won't really fix anything without the right training program and effort on your part. Even if you pair them with the right program, you're going to **** up your endocrine system. At your age, your natural testosterone production is at its highest point in your life, you're at your peak. Leave the hormones and AAS usage for when you're on the backside of your peak.
    DCI likes this.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    See, this is what I do not get about you so called experts on this forum.

This kid claims that he is a legit athlete, going to play D1 Ball.

I know a lot of guys who played D1 Ball. All the guys who played D1 Football ran a poorly planned out cycle the summer before freshman year, and the subsiquint years after that.
    Baseball--A few rean a cycle
    Basketball--only a couple.

I understand telling kids not to do it, because of your bad experiences, but that is because you wernt well educated.

EDUCATE these guys. Not just your too young.No advice.

A legit athlete needs help and yall wont give it to him, so he will probably go out a **** himself up by takin some dumbasses advice.

Skoal. Just reserch on the site, and you will find the answers you are looking for.

Good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ78

I know a lot of guys who played D1 Ball. All the guys who played D1 Football ran a poorly planned out cycle the summer before freshman year, and the subsiquint years after that.

I understand telling kids not to do it, because of your bad experiences, but that is because you wernt well educated.

A legit athlete needs help and yall wont give it to him, so he will probably go out a **** himself up by takin some dumbasses advice.

Skoal. Just reserch on the site, and you will find the answers you are looking for.

Good luck bro.
    Thanks bro. You got it right here..trying to get the extra edge you know what I mean? D1 ball is gonna be tough. Where should I look this stuff up at?

Its all in front of you on this site. Dont take any test boosters.

I will be honest with you though, with multiple shoulder surgeries, your career probably will not be that long.

Whatever you do, eat clean, train hard, and reserch it before you take it.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Are you currently doing PT exercises to build up strength and help insure that you do not continue to injure it? Are the mechanics of your throws or swing causing the injury? Sometimes by slightly changing the mechanics you can drastically decrease the stresses you put on the shoulder joint.
    Last edited by tigerspawn; 05-30-2013 at 07:41 PM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78

Good luck bro.
    Whoa, really?

My lil bro pitched for a D-1 top tier college without the use of PEDs and I competed in Powerlifting events at the same school. I wish I knew now about dieting and how important that tool is. Comes down to hard work and how bad you want it!

If he wants aas help, there are plenty of resources here on this site to help him do it safely, as you stated. We are all here to help

Ragin, that is basically what I told him. All the info. you need is in front of you.

Now, I did not say all the athletes i knew were on, but going all the way back to the 80's, when my step-brother got picked up by a D2 school for football, he said most were on something.

I went to high school in north Florida, and my school, as well as many in our distric, put out some great athletes.

I had quite a few buddies that were on in high school and beyond. They had no knowledge of what they were doing, looking back.

All I'm saying is that telling the kid to eat more, makes no sense in this situation. He isnt doing it for looks or recreation, like all of us.Or most of us.
    I do not give advice on aas, because Im no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post

Good luck bro.
    Whilst I agree that sometimes its situational, and exceptions can be made. This individual, in my eyes, doesn't seem mature enough to do this properly. He didn't want advice, he's already probably in possession of the Anavar he was talking about, he just wants somebody here to say "take it @ Xmgs a day and you'll be leet!"

I think educating the guy on sport specific training is a good idea. I think telling him to go ahead and use AAS under his own knowledge of what he researches here is irresponsible.

Just my 2cents.

Didnt see the Anavar post.

I would hope that he followed through with PT, as well as his school provides him with the proper training for his specific needs. If not then he is not serious about being a D1 athlete.

One thing for sure, is that with 3 surgeries, he will not make it as a starter for 4 years. It will tear again, with or without the use of test or any other steroid .

They will help, but.....

Thread Information