Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Not very computer savy, need some advice...........

I had some kind of glitch on my computer and it wasn't starting up correctly, so I restored to an earlier point in time and everything is working well....

....except for my Microsoft Office Starter package that was preloaded on my laptop I purchased about a year ago. I'm getting an error message when trying to open any excel/word files, and the open file command fails.

So here's my question.

Is there a way I can uninstall Microsoft Office Starter, and then reinstall again without having a disc? I'm thinking there should be some kind of way to reinstall based off what was originally installed on the hard drive.

Thoughts?

3day is offline Member
    If you got no disc with the laptop your hard drive has everything on a seperate partition. If so there is a way to boot from startup and reinstall all software that came on the laptop new. What is the type and model # of laptop? Is it Windows 7? Windows 7 has a few ways of fixing software issues within windows without going through alot of trouble.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Google 'Microsoft office starter edition iso'

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    You'll need an iso mounting software package. I install everything from iso's. Its a virtual dvd saved as a single file and can be compressed. Win-zip (must pay for a license) and 7zip (gnu open source, fully functional.) Support iso's now.too. You can 'unzip' it to a local or network dir and run setup.exe from there too.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3day View Post
    If you got no disc with the laptop your hard drive has everything on a seperate partition. If so there is a way to boot from startup and reinstall all software that came on the laptop new. What is the type and model # of laptop? Is it Windows 7? Windows 7 has a few ways of fixing software issues within windows without going through alot of trouble.
    Yes, Windows 7

I have a Toshiba
    Toshiba Satellite L775-S7355 (PSK3SU-09903T) Parts

3day is offline Member
    If i were you i would backup all my files/pics/music etc on a flashdrive and do a complete recovery. Because usually restoring to an earlier date is a short term fix for a bigger issue. But you can try and repair it by going to the control panel - click uninstall a program - find Microsoft Office Starter or maybe Microsoft Office - left click on it to highlight it and see if it gives you a change or repair option. You can also run windows update and see if it detects the issue and may have a fix for it. Otherwise you can do like Java Man said and try downloading an ISO image and simply uninstall from the control panel and then reinstall.But be careful where you download from for obvious reasons. If you decide to recover it to out of box state let me know and i will walk you thru it.
    Last edited by 3day; 06-06-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Thread Information