Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Flagg
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 2 Post By Shol'va

Thread: Where do you think the economy is going

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Where do you think the economy is going

I know the market is doing better but its artificial propped up by the fed.

Rates are starting to trickle up. I am not a market guru by any means which is why I post this as I would like to get feedback from others.

I dont see how we can continue to fiance the debt that we have once rates start going back up.

I have a terrible feeling that things are going to get really bad......

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    our economy is based on short term (vs. long term) gains and results, and deficit spending by the government.

it is also based on a political quid pro quo between politicians and their constituency, whereby benefits are improved to those that haven't earned them in exchange for a thing called a vote.

Which way do YOU think this thing will go?

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In the last 6 months I have become nothing short of depressed when thinking on this subject.

I mean i'm thankful the UK is not in the same situation as some of the weaker EU countries, but the EU is one of the major factors in why the Global Crisis is taking so long to recover. And all the while, Britain is locked into horrible austerity measures, which gives no one any incentive what so ever to spend money, but really what is the alternative? Borrow MORE money? The UK is already expensive enough to live in.
    DCI likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    In the last 6 months I have become nothing short of depressed when thinking on this subject.

I mean i'm thankful the UK is not in the same situation as some of the weaker EU countries, but the EU is one of the major factors in why the Global Crisis is taking so long to recover. And all the while, Britain is locked into horrible austerity measures, which gives no one any incentive what so ever to spend money, but really what is the alternative? Borrow MORE money? The UK is already expensive enough to live in.
    which is one reason why some are opting out of our current governmental system.

some opt out alone, others in large groups.

the government hates it, but what can they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    which is one reason why some are opting out of our current governmental system.

some opt out alone, others in large groups.

the government hates it, but what can they do?
    Australia and NZ are one of the few places in the West where they are not having problems and in fact thriving, interest rates are up and the aussie dollar is nearly as strong as the US dollar now.

Most of their trade is with Australasia and China so there's why.

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Australia and NZ are one of the few places in the West where they are not having problems and in fact thriving, interest rates are up and the aussie dollar is nearly as strong as the US dollar now.

Most of their trade is with Australasia and China so there's why.
    For a while, the Australian Dollar was worth even more than the US Dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    For a while, the Australian Dollar was worth even more than the US Dollar.
    Yeah I read about that, for something like a few seconds it was stronger.

The US Dollar is not great at the moment. The UK Pound still isn't too bad but it's nowhere near as strong as it once was. Eight pounds used to be the equivalent to 20 Aus dollars. Eight pounds now will only get you around 12 Aus dollars now.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    We're ****ed...... Wanna know why?

I realized our system here was screwed beyond belief when my drug addict exwife got assistance. She lives for free, eats free, gets transportation, and now even has a lawyer to get visitation rights.

All you fvckers are paying for it too.....

Really pisses me off
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Everything's fine in Canada, would be much better if we had a good federal government.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

I realized our system here was screwed beyond belief when my drug addict exwife got assistance. She lives for free, eats free, gets transportation, and now even has a lawyer to get visitation rights.

Really pisses me off

I wonder about this all the time. I think minorities and people who milk the system get money because if they didnt (we know they are not getting jobs) crime would sky rocket in order for people to survive.

Rwy

What countries are rioting in Europe besides Greece. You know they dont put this stuff on TV bc they dont want to give anyone any ideas over here. I kinda feel like the US is going to head in this direction soon.

I network with a Hedge fund manager who works with retires. Has giiven me great advice. Now he tells me the best thing to buy is an ak 47 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Really pisses me off
    no sweat mate. You can reimburse me out of your own pocket.

Please send all reimbursements to:

Times Roman
    c/o general delivery
    Manteca, CA 95337
    Rwy likes this.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    JohnGalt and Honkey_Kong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    so that's where you stash your cash?

...I just put mine in the bank. Yeah, I'm kinda funny that way! =)

Rwy
    i rented a villa in europe this summer. $ to gbp 1- 1.58 was the conversion

How bad is that.... I mean its my own fault for going away right now butman its crazy how bad the conversion is

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg

Yeah I read about that, for something like a few seconds it was stronger.

The US Dollar is not great at the moment. The UK Pound still isn't too bad but it's nowhere near as strong as it once was. Eight pounds used to be the equivalent to 20 Aus dollars. Eight pounds now will only get you around 12 Aus dollars now.
    Try a year or more it was stronger..

http://aud.fx-exchange.com/usd/excha...s-history.html
    Last edited by auswest; 06-10-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Make sure you change the year to 2011 or 2012 in the link. It is insane to see how much the Australian Dollar has grown relative to the US Dollar. In 2002 it was only worth about half of the US dollar.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22

Make sure you change the year to 2011 or 2012 in the link. It is insane to see how much the Australian Dollar has grown relative to the US Dollar. In 2002 it was only worth about half of the US dollar.
    Yup I'm concerned with how much more its going to drop by the end of the year, I'm over there for my honeymoon dec/jan, I am contemplating buying some u.s $$ now incase it drops even more..

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    Yup I'm concerned with how much more its going to drop by the end of the year, I'm over there for my honeymoon dec/jan, I am contemplating buying some u.s $$ now incase it drops even more..
    Haha, I just realized you are from Australia. I arrogantly assumed you were in the US. Lol, sorry. Based on the trend the past few months, I think you may be better off converting some money now. It depends on where you go so you can get a decent conversion rate though.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    I wonder about this all the time. I think minorities and people who milk the system get money because if they didnt (we know they are not getting jobs) crime would sky rocket in order for people to survive.
    If people weren't given free money most of them would find a way to get a job, they would put in the effort. What makes them brazen and demanding is giving them free crap. In fact, the more free crap you give people the more crime goes up as people start to feel entitled. This is really hard to argue against...in the U.S. crime and murder rates are not down but rather going up and entitlements are at an all time high. Secondly, the vast majority of the crime is committed by those receiving the entitlements.

As far as our economy in the U.S. overall, we're screwed for one primary reason....most people do not care because it doesn't not affect them at this very moment. They can still watch reality TV, they can still go eat at Chili's on Friday night and they can still do all the same stupid crap that makes them suck daily.

Thread Information