Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By thegodfather

Thread: Removing Mugshots?

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Removing Mugshots?

5 or so years ago I was arrested for a DUI but was able to prove the cop falsified information. I would have had to go to a jury trial to completely be found innocent or I could just take a wreckless driving. I took the wreckless but wish now i would have gone to trial.

So, when you search my name a ton of those ridiculous websites come up with my mugshot. I refuse to pay the website that has it up any money to take it down. I'll probably go broke before they all get taken down.

Does anyone know how to get them removed cheap or a way to remove them myself? I hear something about signing up with as many popular social media sites as I can so that those mugshot pages will get pushed back to the second page of the search engine. Since many people don't make it past the first page, it should be good.

I will be applying with some serious companies soon and I have the feeling this will be a huge issue. I have changed all my info to my shortened first name which has eliminated many of the mugshot from being on page one. Any one have any other ideas?

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Blog Entries
    Figured I would get useless comments, didn't think it would be from you though!!

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Since it is public info, I seriously doubt if you are going to be able to get them takin down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    Since it is public info, I seriously doubt if you are going to be able to get them takin down.
    Every site wants $300-$400 to take them down. It's a bullsh*t business that's borderline extortion. Put a mugshot up then charge a ton to remove it, ridiculous!

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    change your name permanently? apply for the new job with your new name. something fanciful like Sky, or Space

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Your screwed. Pay them or not it will still be out there and available. It's public record.

RipOwens is offline Member
    Aren't there companies that will 'clean up' your online reputation for you? Might be cheaper than paying those bogus mugshot sites.

AD
    maybe your future employers won't even care if you drive safely or dangerously. its not like fraud or embezzlement.

Tnatious is offline Associate Member
    Man I highly suggest you get those removed. I had one from 2006 and it hunts me to this day!

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Hahaha

Change your name. I share a name with someone famous. You can google me all day and you'll never find my mugshot!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RipOwens View Post
    Aren't there companies that will 'clean up' your online reputation for you? Might be cheaper than paying those bogus mugshot sites.
    Pretty much all of these are the actual mugshot companies themselves.

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Hahaha

Change your name. I share a name with someone famous. You can google me all day and you'll never find my mugshot!
    LOL same here. I have the same name-FIrst/middle/last, as a famous person so I am flying under the radar!!!!

JAB1 is offline Member
    Sorry I dont have any advice Bluewaffle but your avatar turns my mind to mush.....

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    who gives a damn!!?

also if u were really innocent (seems unlikely IMO) why did u plea?? who does that!!?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    who gives a damn!!?

also if u were really innocent (seems unlikely IMO) why did u plea?? who does that!!?
    Because I was young and couldn't afford to pay my lawyer anymore! You don't know the whole story so it's pretty ignorant to pass judgement without knowing all the facts..............IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWaffle21 View Post
    Because I was young and couldn't afford to pay my lawyer anymore! You don't know the whole story so it's pretty ignorant to pass judgement without knowing all the facts..............IMO!
    uh huh.. well i know one fact: you pled guilty..

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    who gives a damn!!?

Ummm, a large majority of people who are innocent that have the misfortune of having contact with the criminal justice system in the United States plea bargain instead of risking their lives at trial. The system is actually set up in such a way, that innocent people have a larger incentive to plea bargain instead of take it to trial and prove their innocence.

In the Federal system, they run around a 98% conviction rate. Very few innocent people chose to take their case to trial, the large majority plea bargain.

At the State&local level, let me explain, that a trial of even 4-5 days, will cost you roughly $50,000.00 dollars if you're retaining a competent attorney. Being charged with any felony, will usually require a $20,000.00 dollar retainer for a competent lawyer. You can chose a public defender if you're indigent, however, their case loads are usually enormous, and they are predisposed towards plea bargaining your case, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is their aforementioned case load, lack of resources, such as paralegals, expert witnesses, and private investigators, that usually accompany a competent attorney at a private firm.

Jury trials are notoriously fickle. Just think of how many STUPID people are out there, a jury of your peers does not always mean, a jury of people you would regard as your peers with respect to intelligence and integrity. There are SO many variables during a jury trial, you could have key exculpatory evidence that is paramount to your case excluded at trial based on a small technicality. The jury pool might just not like how you LOOK. You may have witnesses who perjure themselves just to hurt your client, unless you the witness admits to perjury its often very hard to prove. I could obviously go on, and on, and on, about all the ways in which you can get the shaft at a jury trial, but I'm hoping that you get the picture.

Lets say I charge you with involuntary manslaughter involving a motor vehicle while intoxicated, which in the state of New Jersey carries a 3 year minimum mandatory sentence, and up to 15 years in prison. I may have a weak case against you, I may have lets say a 25% chance of conviction. I know this, so I offer for you to plead guilty to depraved indifference, serve a 1 year suspended sentence(meaning you do not serve the 1 year unless you break the law within that year), 5 years probation, and a fine of $10,000.00 dollars. You KNOW you are innocent, but, are you going to bet your life, knowing you will serve no more than 3 years, and possibly 15 years in prison, with a 25% chance that I will gain a conviction over you? Whilst you have the opportunity to plead guilty to a lesser charge with NO jail time, probation, and some fines? That is an entirely realistic and plausible scenario that INNOCENT people face EVERY SINGLE DAY in our criminal justice system.

I wish more people could understand that being arrested, and even having a mugshot (during the booking process), is only an ACCUSATION of a crime. It is not an admission of guilt. Do you know how many innocent people are arrested, only to later have the charges dropped. An arrest is synonymous with an accusation. People should always think ARREST = ACCUSATION OF A CRIME. Unfortunately, when someone is arrested, instead of the presumption of innocence, many people have the presumption of guilt. Because after all, you had to have done SOMETHING to get arrested right? Innocent people don't get arrested right? You were doing something 'shady' that you got arrested! Well, unfortunately this is false, and there are thousands of circumstances by which a law abiding citizen can be arrested, booked into jail, and have their name and reputation forever tarnished.

The unfortunate reality of our criminal justice system is that innocence is EXPENSIVE. Knowing that if you are charged with a felony, it will bankrupt the average citizen, because the average cost of a felony trial is $50,000 dollars. That's a lot of money for most people, and this is why the system favors those with financial means over those without.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ EXACTLY!!! Thank you buddy!

^^^ EXACTLY!!! Thank you buddy!
    You know I love ya buddy but I would love to hear the story..the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Blog Entries
    In a nut shell.......

Friends and I were having some beers outside of my apartment and sitting on the back of my truck, so they could smoke. A call was put in about a truck that was swerving and driving at a high rate of speed. This truck was a two door and white while mine was a four door and silver. An off duty neighborhood cop saw us and a truck and called in the head DUI officer for our county. I told my friends to go inside cause I knew I could handle the situation. Well, I was f*cking arrested for a DUI even though I wasn't even driving nor did I have my keys. Turns out the off duty cop had me sitting on my truck and the DUI cop had me driving the truck. Obviously one was not telling the truth which should immediately discredit the case but our legal system sucks. I made the mistake of taking the breathalyzer because I wasn't educated on the matter and everything seemed to happen so fast. Since I blew, it was obvious that I was drunk and I was unable to prove which cop was not telling the truth so they leaned toward the head DUI cop because of his reputation. My lawyer said I could take it to trial, but if found guilty, I could do a short amount of time.........F*CK THAT!!!! So, I took the wreckless.

Turns out years later, the head DUI cop was busted for giving fake DUI's just to make himself look like a great cop over the previous 5 or 10 years. Pretty much everyone that didn't blow and a have BAC had their charges completely removed. Once again, I didn't have the money to rehire my lawyer and try to get my case dropped as well since he obviously lied with me.

It proves that in our legal system MONEY is what gets justice!

Also, I don't think any of this information is necessary when answering the question that I originally posted but I figured I would humor you Lunk!

Godfather good post as usual. excellent examples however, we are not talking about murder, vehicular homicide, manslaughter, of even a felony charge here. its a simple DUI which is one of the most common misdemeanor charges there is from what i can tell. i have been charged with at least 4 DUI's, every single one of which i was guilty and i have only been convicted of one! one of em i took a careless driving plea. now being a guilty guy and getting convicted of a lesser crime i consider a good deal. theres no way in hell i would plead guilty to anything if i were innocent! i pray none of the circumstances present themselves u described here and i admit there are innocent people who go to jail, but theyre WAY in the minority. id be interested in seeing a speculative percentage.. i bet its in single digits if not closer to 1%..

i have encountered many cops in my life and some are assholes and some have been cool. every time i was doing something wrong. one thing i know from experience about dealing with the police: a LOT of people LIE to them and everyone is innocent.

bluewaffle i am sorry for ur apparent unfortunate situation, but i do not apologize for my skepticism about ur innocence.

Blog Entries
    Godfather good post as usual. excellent examples however, we are not talking about murder, vehicular homicide, manslaughter, of even a felony charge here. its a simple DUI which is one of the most common misdemeanor charges there is from what i can tell. i have been charged with at least 4 DUI's, every single one of which i was guilty and i have only been convicted of one! one of em i took a careless driving plea. now being a guilty guy and getting convicted of a lesser crime i consider a good deal. theres no way in hell i would plead guilty to anything if i were innocent! i pray none of the circumstances present themselves u described here and i admit there are innocent people who go to jail, but theyre WAY in the minority. id be interested in seeing a speculative percentage.. i bet its in single digits if not closer to 1%..

i have encountered many cops in my life and some are assholes and some have been cool. every time i was doing something wrong. one thing i know from experience about dealing with the police: a LOT of people LIE to them and everyone is innocent.

bluewaffle i am sorry for ur apparent unfortunate situation, but i do not apologize for my skepticism about ur innocence.
    I wasn't asking for an apology at all! I guess my hope was that I could get back to posting on here without having certain members, which most have been banned as of late, not paying attention to my point and going off on tangents that aren't relevant in the least bit. And it's not just my posts but other members posts as well. It was a simple question that didn't depend on what the original situation was or how it happened. I was looking for some ideas on what I could do and for the most part I got what I was looking for. I just think it's a shame that you can't post on here without someone feeling that they need to put their .02 in about something that isn't even relevant. I could've easily turned around and commented on your 4 DUI's and went on about what a life expert I am and how I know exactly what happened based on my all knowing superpowers BUT I chose not pass judgement on people until I know them and the situations at hand. I guess there are people in this world with tact and there's not. Oh well, I'll keep living not thinking I know everything and continue down my productive path in life!

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post

Lets say I charge you with involuntary manslaughter involving a motor vehicle while intoxicated, which in the state of New Jersey carries a 3 year minimum mandatory sentence, and up to 15 years in prison. I may have a weak case against you, I may have lets say a 25% chance of conviction. I know this, so I offer for you to plead guilty to depraved indifference, serve a 1 year suspended sentence(meaning you do not serve the 1 year unless you break the law within that year), 5 years probation, and a fine of $10,000.00 dollars. You KNOW you are innocent, but, are you going to bet your life, knowing you will serve no less than 3 years, and possibly 15 years in prison, with a 25% chance that I will gain a conviction over you? Whilst you have the opportunity to plead guilty to a lesser charge with NO jail time, probation, and some fines? That is an entirely realistic and plausible scenario that INNOCENT people face EVERY SINGLE DAY in our criminal justice system. ...
    That was a very insightful and well-written post. I fixed one of your typos though. You are extremely knowledgeable about this topic, and that is not surprising with your JD. Great post.

[QUOTE=BlueWaffle21;6580765]
    I wasn't asking for an apology at all!
    i didnt think u were looking for one, just wanted to make known to you i was not going to give u one..

I guess my hope was that I could get back to posting on here without having certain members, which most have been banned as of late, not paying attention to my point and going off on tangents that aren't relevant in the least bit. And it's not just my posts but other members posts as well. It was a simple question that didn't depend on what the original situation was or how it happened. I was looking for some ideas on what I could do and for the most part I got what I was looking for.
    when u start a thread in the lounge, the topic quite often goes on tangents. u should be happy u got serious advice. ive seen some stuff never even get seriously addressed.

I just think it's a shame that you can't post on here without someone feeling that they need to put their .02 in about something that isn't even relevant.
    you are entitled to those feelings!

I could've easily turned around and commented on your 4 DUI's and went on about what a life expert I am and how I know exactly what happened based on my all knowing superpowers BUT I chose not pass judgement on people until I know them and the situations at hand.
    i guess a big difference between you and me is i dont give a fvck what u think about my 4 dui's.. i posted it to show i have a bit of experience regarding them, as that was the nature of ur dilemma. feel free to comment on them if u choose. dui's are what happens when u combine alcohol, driving, and a dumb ass drunk.. which is what i was then and why i stopped drinking 5 years ago..

I guess there are people in this world with tact and there's not. Oh well, I'll keep living not thinking I know everything and continue down my productive path in life!
    tact: a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense

i think u made an incorrect assumption about me (assuming this last statement was intended for me). by accusing me of having no tact u are implying i was unaware you would find my initial post above offensive, but i assure u this is quite the contrary. i was/and am very aware of the fact that u would or could be offended by my post.

i would also like to add i most definitely dont think i know everything but i do know enuff to not plead guilty to a crime i did not commit..

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    People need to keep in mind that this is The AR Lounge and almost anything goes, at least within the rules. It is a light hearted area to cut loose and have fun. Yeah sometimes serious questions get asked in here but you must remember it is the lounge and there are a lot of cut ups in here including myself who like to joke around. So try not to take offense when someone does throw a zinger to your serious question in here and you will be better off for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    People need to keep in mind that this is The AR Lounge and almost anything goes, at least within the rules. It is a light hearted area to cut loose and have fun. Yeah sometimes serious questions get asked in here but you must remember it is the lounge and there are a lot of cut ups in here including myself who like to joke around. So try not to take offense when someone does throw a zinger to your serious question in here and you will be better off for it.
    Lesson learned Shol'va, wont post anything I need a serious answer in here. I'll just bog down the steriod Q&A like all the noobs do with pointless quesitons that have nothing to do with AAS use. It wasn't a joke I am annoyed with, it's an assumption based on having no real information other than that person's f*ck ups to go on. I know the riff raff is always in here but I don't expect it from the vets and especially a "monitor" that is a recognized member. I think those guys lead by example and the noobs follow their lead. If a serious question is asked then let the vets/monitors/recognized members answer with respectful answers like they should.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Just pm them your real serious questions and if they don't know then maybe they can send you in the right direction...
    But it doesn't hurt to post them here as well and just ignore the BS answers and look for the informative ones. We all have our bad days...
    Last edited by Shol'va; 06-15-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Lesson learned Shol'va, wont post anything I need a serious answer in here. I'll just bog down the steriod Q&A like all the noobs do with pointless quesitons that have nothing to do with AAS use. It wasn't a joke I am annoyed with, it's an assumption based on having no real information other than that person's f*ck ups to go on. I know the riff raff is always in here but I don't expect it from the vets and especially a "monitor" that is a recognized member. I think those guys lead by example and the noobs follow their lead. If a serious question is asked then let the vets/monitors/recognized members answer with respectful answers like they should.
    this is the lounge dude.. get over it.. ur starting to sound like a whiner.. you are also incorrect.. the assumption i made was not based on my fvck ups but YOURS! by ur own admission u pled guilty to a crime when u claimed to be innocent.. if u didnt want someone to comment u shouldve just left the thread with the question: how do i get rid of my mug shot?

ur need to throw the fact that u were indeed innocent into the thread is what caused this. my line of questioning that followed IMO seemed like the logical step forward..

"im innocent but i pled guilty".. leads me to wonder "why did u plead guilty?"..

also i would like to note i gave u my take on the matter before asking my logical question. and that was: "who gives a damn?"

maybe you do, but u were looking for advice outside of the conclusions ur logic has led you to.. this is where i come in.. erasing stuff off the internet seems like an impossibility to me so there was no advice plausible which answered ur original question as i dont believe u can erase your mug shot.

id also like to point out here in no way did i intend to be disrespectful and i dont think my line of questioning was disrespectful.. if u have any further problems with me please feel free to post them here and/or report them to admin..

Blog Entries
    I know pumpkin......I know......you're right!!!

AD
    i said this earlier. i don't think your future bosses will care about a driving offence many years ago. you can easily bring it up during your interview and explain the circumstances if you want. they probably won't want you to drive them out for lunch, but i don't think it will affect their decision to hire you or not.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    5 or so years ago I was arrested for a DUI but was able to prove the cop falsified information. I would have had to go to a jury trial to completely be found innocent or I could just take a wreckless driving. I took the wreckless but wish now i would have gone to trial.

So, when you search my name a ton of those ridiculous websites come up with my mugshot. I refuse to pay the website that has it up any money to take it down. I'll probably go broke before they all get taken down.

Does anyone know how to get them removed cheap or a way to remove them myself? I hear something about signing up with as many popular social media sites as I can so that those mugshot pages will get pushed back to the second page of the search engine. Since many people don't make it past the first page, it should be good.

I will be applying with some serious companies soon and I have the feeling this will be a huge issue. I have changed all my info to my shortened first name which has eliminated many of the mugshot from being on page one. Any one have any other ideas?
    So you plead guilty even though you knew the cop falsified information? I think there is more to the story.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    So you plead guilty even though you knew the cop falsified information? I think there is more to the story.
    I had no money to pursue the case, I don't get why there has to be more to the story! I barely had enough to cover the first part and he was kind enough to accept some payments after the case. My lawyer suggested to just accept the wreckless charge, I wasn't fined nor forced to do any classes or community service and had my license back in two weeks. I think the main objective on the prosecution's part was to not discredit someone that was held on a pedestal. The DUI officer was praised for his efforts and his having some of the highest numbers in the country at the time. As mentioned above, he eventually got his and lost his job so it put me at peace a little with the situation but just wish the mugshots weren't there.

Also, whether guilty or innocent the mugshots would still be up on the internet so it doesn't really matter when addressing my original question.

Interesting story. As I said in my original post. If the ONLY place it's posted is the site owned by this company then yes the pic could be removed but as you obviously already know, they want $ to do so.

Unfortunately the arrest is public record, therefore if your employer is going to search for your mug shot, it's just as likely to believe he would check your arrest history.

Thread Information