ChiveOn is offline Senior Member

High Liver Enzymes

So this isn't AAS related but I was wondering what can be taken to help the problem. NAC?

Backstory,
    The GF just had a bunch of blood tests etc done due to a burst ovarian cyst. Revealed her liver enzymes were also more than 3x the normal range. She's got further tests and another doctors appointment in the coming week but she's pretty upset about it. Thus, I would like to be able to offer up suggestions or ease her mind a bit while she awaits her visit. I know I've seen a thread here or there on the subject. I was just looking for opinions while I'm googling it on my own

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nac
    Liv52
    Vitamin c

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking. I take NAC and Liv52 on cycle always anyway so I've got plenty on hand if she will take it. But what do I know, I'm not a doctor I'm a soldier. She's the one in med school lol

stpete is offline Banned
    Does she drink alcohol of any kind? Folic acid will be a big aid either way. I prefer milk thistle as i have blood work to prove it works.

She was on spring break a few months ago. Drank all day every day for a week straight but other than that it's only a rare occasion.

I told her that spring break probably did it

stpete is offline Banned
    Nah, more to the story than what sh'e telling you.

Idk. I've known the girl and her family my whole life, and were open to the point where it's uncomfortable sometimes lol. She's not a drug user either so I'm not sure what it could be that did it.

So update*
    I was wrong before. Her values were 6x normal levels. However, she had bloods drawn again, and everything is perfect now? I'm not a doctor but I didn't think that your liver enzymes could go from 6x normal levels back to perfect over the course of 4-5 days... With 0 medication, zero diet change, zero changes in anything at all... Something just seems wrong with this picture

What I can say is that something is wrong though. She used to have a higher sex drive than I do when I'm on cycle. And over the last two weeks we've had sex once. On my birthday lol. So something is hormonally wrong. I'm not too sure what to say but one of the blood tests or something had to be wrong
    Last edited by ChiveOn; 06-20-2013 at 05:10 PM.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Worst case is She drank a lot and found a new guy on spring break. Now sex with you isn't appealing.

Or its hormonal

Vettester is offline Banned
    Were both ALT and AST taken, and were both equally high?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiveOn
    So this isn't AAS related but I was wondering what can be taken to help the problem. NAC?

Backstory,
    The GF just had a bunch of blood tests etc done due to a burst ovarian cyst. Revealed her liver enzymes were also more than 3x the normal range. She's got further tests and another doctors appointment in the coming week but she's pretty upset about it. Thus, I would like to be able to offer up suggestions or ease her mind a bit while she awaits her visit. I know I've seen a thread here or there on the subject. I was just looking for opinions while I'm googling it on my own
    I was recently hospitalized for 3 days due to high liver enzymes from a prescription antibiotic with sulfur. Drug attacked my liver. Has extremely high fever 105.5, dark urine, fatigued. Pumped me full of IV. Apparently I am allergic to sulfur drugs.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I was recently hospitalized for 3 days due to high liver enzymes from a prescription antibiotic with sulfur. Drug attacked my liver. Has extremely high fever 105.5, dark urine, fatigued. Pumped me full of IV. Apparently I am allergic to sulfur drugs.
    fully recovered now? did the doc mention anything about your blood counts? sounds a little like breakdown of blood cells.

Quote Originally Posted by AD

fully recovered now? did the doc mention anything about your blood counts? sounds a little like breakdown of blood cells.
    Not that I recall. I gained 6 pounds of water in the hospital. I went to the gym few days after to sweat the extra water out of my cankles and I had to take many breaks on the stair master. Of course I did 60 minutes....had follow up blood work and liver almost normal. But for some reason my cholesterol was very very high and I can't think why. I never had problems with cholesterol before? Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Worst case is She drank a lot and found a new guy on spring break. Now sex with you isn't appealing.

Or its hormonal
    Lol what a dick! Spring break was three months ago and this issue started about two weeks ago. There were absolutely 0 problems before that. And for the last several years we've been seeing other people even long term relationships and all. But the sex is the only thing that's stayed constant.
    But I'm glad you're concerned!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Not that I recall. I gained 6 pounds of water in the hospital. I went to the gym few days after to sweat the extra water out of my cankles and I had to take many breaks on the stair master. Of course I did 60 minutes....had follow up blood work and liver almost normal. But for some reason my cholesterol was very very high and I can't think why. I never had problems with cholesterol before? Very strange.
    Well I'm glad to hear your doing fine. Was this excess water weight during the same time you were having issues with the Var. I can't recall timeframe but I remember reading your thread on it not to long ago

Well I'm glad to hear your doing fine. Was this excess water weight during the same time you were having issues with the Var. I can't recall timeframe but I remember reading your thread on it not to long ago
    Thx. The recent water retention was from hospital pumping me full if IV fluids which is standard protocol for high liver enzymes.

The var fluid retention was prior to hospital and , I think, had to do with the estrogen replacement meds. That or bad var source meaning it isn't real var. I ordered var from different source but haven't tried it yet.

I just staying away from chemicals until my liver is back to normal plus I have to cut a few more pounds. I don't like bulking during bikini season.

It took me about 2 weeks to be feeling better after discharged from hospital. I was very weak. Had no stamina. The first time on stair master I had to stop every 10 minutes and rest. When an organ is out of whack the whole body is turned upside down and could explain her change in sex drive.

If you google high liver enzymes you will find some causes. Hepitis is one of them. The initial reaction occurs 6-8 weeks after initial contact.

Has she had follow up blood test??

Ya, she just went today. So we will see what happens I've the next few days. She's REALLY bad with her birth control and I get chewed out anytime I try to get her to be more consistent about it so I just stopped lol. She got her period on like two weeks apart while on it which is what sparked everything, and then the cyst burst a few days after that. So I know she's a hormonal wreck right now. I'm barely surviving the mood swings at the moment. Yesterday she was super love-y and in a great mood. Then in the middle of lingerie shopping an 8hr long fight started. Not even sure why lol. Really couldn't tell ya

I'm sure it'll take a month or two to get everything back in order. I just have to survive that long

Ya, she just went today. So we will see what happens I've the next few days. She's REALLY bad with her birth control and I get chewed out anytime I try to get her to be more consistent about it so I just stopped lol. She got her period on like two weeks apart while on it which is what sparked everything, and then the cyst burst a few days after that. So I know she's a hormonal wreck right now. I'm barely surviving the mood swings at the moment. Yesterday she was super love-y and in a great mood. Then in the middle of lingerie shopping an 8hr long fight started. Not even sure why lol. Really couldn't tell ya

I'm sure it'll take a month or two to get everything back in order. I just have to survive that long
    I feel for ya. Some women get bad hormonal beotchy mood swings. I am sure she doesn't like the mood swings. Take cover. Lol.

Lol that's an understatement! I'm sure ill make it just fine. Would be a bit easier to think clearly if I wasn't being sex deprived
    I appreciate the advice though

Thread Information