Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AD

Thread: Need to get this out my chest.

thehor is offline Member

Need to get this out my chest.

I have always been a small guy and this is why I started working out. After my first year of working out I starting doing it because I actually liked working out and loved getting pumps ect. I was always a size 28 waist and a extra small and small shirt guy. Now I always wanted to reach higher sizes in shirts and pants and look good. Its been a year and I have been wearing medium shirts now and a size 32 waist of pants fits me good without a belt. I was wondering if its possible for me to move on into a size large shirt in the future and maybe even a size 34 in pants as I put on more muscle. Is this possible or will I stay stuck in the same sizes?

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    If you eat enough you'll be in XXLs eventually! Train and eat for your goals, and things will happen

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Come on guy, as was said, eat, train, sleep, eat, eat and train and you will grow. It takes time. I started at 5-11 and 135lbs and went up to 185 and holding in 5 years, way back in my day. My waist was 28 when I started, went to 33 and XXL shirts and tailored pants foe my legs. I got to 200lbs on cycle and dieted to 177 for a show with a 29" waist so that's what can be done. OK little guy ! ha just joking man, gotta laugh at it all hahaha....crazy mike

thehor is offline Member
    Thanks crazy mike. Yea I think im still little And yes its harsh because even if I look bigger I always tend to not be satisfied with my body lol.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    you're measuring your progress in a rather unusual way, pants size and shirt size. if you're only looking at those 2 things, simply eating alone (without training) can get you there. you didn't mention anything on weight, height or bf%?

thehor is offline Member
    165 pounds 13.5% body fat 5'8. no cycles yet.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehor View Post
    well done. keep doing it.
    Java Man likes this.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I started at 6' 135lbs. Medium shirts hung on me like they were empty but I had to wear large because of my height so it just made it look worse. Waist was 28. Within 6 years I was up to 185 and filing a large shirt. Now 20yrs later I have to wear xxl or be accused of 'trying to look buffed'. Whatever that means. Waist is now 36, but I have been 245 with a 40 waist. It's not gonna happen overnight but yeah, keep doing what youre doing. Within a.few yrs you may be 200.or you could just pig out and become a fat slob. Either route will eventually put you over 200 and in xl shirts. I prefer fit rather than fat personally I didn't start needing xxl shirts until recently, on the cusp of 230. You will get there.
    Last edited by Java Man; 06-21-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by thehor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    well done. keep doing it.
    He's lying. Thehor started cycling this week! Lol j/k dude a few days doesn't count. You've done well naturally.

Thread Information