stpete is offline Banned

Heading to AA Meeting

We meet thru the week at 5 and 11am on the weekends. I really like it. Made some good friends there but i just paid for a place in Clearwater today and i move in on the 5th of next month. Which means i have to find another meeting. Sucks as i've made some good friends.

I've never been one to share a bunch of personal stuff but it feels good to do so there.

Anyone else go thru this? Anyone in AA?

JAB1 is offline Member
    My sister goes multiple times a week. I go with her when I visit her to support her and get to meet her sponsor, friends, etc. Every time I go I leave enlightened. I am not an alcohloci but so much of it applies to al of our struggles, etc. Good for you, keep it up!!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck sir!

It sounds like you are on the right path.

---Roman

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Props to starting a thread about it. I guess the first step is axtually realising you have a problem.
    I'm not sure u could do it, even if it is an anonymous message board.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Good luck buddy, hope you find a good place. In lots of ways
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    To be honest....

I'm drunk right now. Cooking stuft green peppers and drunk. Uncle sam has me on a total of 17 different meds. Mostly for behavioral and pain. But I'm sick of being on so many meds. So I drank my face off while I was cooking. Now I'm out of booze....

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    However...

Dishes are.done...

Dinner is.done

Laundry is almost done...

Kids are.trained...

The

MM13 is.... Staring at me lime.Im in trouble...

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Good luck sir!

---Roman
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    this....good to see things movin up for u

-Release the Kracken!!!-

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery13 View Post
    However...

Dishes are.done...

Dinner is.done

Laundry is almost done...

Kids are.trained...

The

MM13 is.... Staring at me lime.Im in trouble...
    lol....that death-stare iiiiss a mofo

-Release the Kracken!!!-

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    [QUOTE=stpete;6589251]We meet thru the week at 5 and 11am on the weekends. I really like it. Made some good friends there but i just paid for a place in Clearwater today and i move in on the 5th of next month. Which means i have to find another meeting. Sucks as i've made some good friends.

stpete half the battle is showing up! So you are in the right direction. Have you got a support friend you can call when your in a bad place and feel like taking a drink? If not get you one there you can depend on and they on you.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Yep been there more on the NA side, but when couldn't make that went to AA. I know what you mean it worked for me when in rehab, but I'm the quiet, private kind person so I just pretty much do a lot listening which helps in itself. But you being there is the best thing, work your program. My bro is alcoholic and addict who has struggled for 25 years and as long as he worked his program he would stay clean. The biggest thing I learned was if you wanna stay clean you can't even take the little drink or hit or your through. I been clean over 5 years but I don't need AA or NA cause I learned my problem was I just needed to grow up and make the decision of a man. I went through alot in my life and liked to use it as an excuse. It wasn't a very good excuse. Just find you another group and than there is always the phone for your sponsor. If you ever need to talk just pm me. I been through the ringer.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I use to go sometimes with my buddy then we would go to the bar afterwards.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    stpete, I think you know I'm on your sside with the meetings. I only missed 12 meetings in my first year and 5 months. I was going straight from the gym. I've done the steps and learned a lot. As it is said in the forward of the 12 n 12 book the set of spiritual principals leaned by the 12 steps , did expel my obsession to drink and drug. For that I'm grateful. I choose not to go much at all anymore but if the stinking thinking should return, I know where my other family resides.
    I'm sober of drink and drug now, but I still have to work on keeping a sober state of mind.
    stay cool and you'll be cool and learn to live in the moment. Good luck bro ...crazy still, mike

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good luck bro, you need to talk and get that shit off your chest, you need to hear the words come out of your mouth. Coffee is going to be your new best friend.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Good for you!!! We all need a support system!

Flacco is offline Member
    There are meetings literally just about everywhere. Its funny... here in Thailand... alot of them are upstairs in Bars lol. I think FL probably has more rehabs/meetings ect than anywhere else on the east coast. I'm sure you'll be able to find a good support group. Find a meeting, go, raise your hand, say "I'm new to the area, need some contacts." You'll get a meeting list with numbers, and pick and choose who you want to associate from there. Network. Its all about looking around for meetings with people you feel you can relate to. Relationships will help you keep coming back. Put yourself out there and I'm sure you'll develope relationships just as strong as the area you're living now.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The place a work at now is about 90% program people and the workplace environment is great. Its really nice to have a boss who thanks you on Friday for all the great work you have done all week....actually I have heard those words before, the only difference is this guy is saying it because he lives it/means it...Not because the last business management class he took said it would allow him to pay a dollar less an hour LOL.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 06-22-2013 at 08:22 AM.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    The transition you have gone through lately has been huge. Seems like you are holding together well. Keep it up!

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Good luck sir!

---Roman
    I'm trying buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    Props to starting a thread about it. I guess the first step is axtually realising you have a problem.
    I'm not sure u could do it, even if it is an anonymous message board.
    Thanks. I look at you guys and girls as good friends of mine. i've been here for a minute and love making new friends either here or in AA or at the damn grocery store. I've actually turned into a little social "Butterfly" is what a girl at AA called me.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Thank, Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Misery13 View Post
    To be honest....

I'm drunk right now. Cooking stuft green peppers and drunk. Uncle sam has me on a total of 17 different meds. Mostly for behavioral and pain. But I'm sick of being on so many meds. So I drank my face off while I was cooking. Now I'm out of booze....
    NEVER EVER DO YOU POST ON ANYTHING I SAY AGAIN! STAY AWAY FROM ME. YOU GET ONE WARNING. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR SHIT FROM YOU!

[QUOTE=Shol'va;6589545]
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    We meet thru the week at 5 and 11am on the weekends. I really like it. Made some good friends there but i just paid for a place in Clearwater today and i move in on the 5th of next month. Which means i have to find another meeting. Sucks as i've made some good friends.

stpete half the battle is showing up! So you are in the right direction. Have you got a support friend you can call when your in a bad place and feel like taking a drink? If not get you one there you can depend on and they on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    stpete, I think you know I'm on your sside with the meetings. I only missed 12 meetings in my first year and 5 months. I was going straight from the gym. I've done the steps and learned a lot. As it is said in the forward of the 12 n 12 book the set of spiritual principals leaned by the 12 steps , did expel my obsession to drink and drug. For that I'm grateful. I choose not to go much at all anymore but if the stinking thinking should return, I know where my other family resides.
    I'm sober of drink and drug now, but I still have to work on keeping a sober state of mind.
    stay cool and you'll be cool and learn to live in the moment. Good luck bro ...crazy still, mike
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    Good luck bro, you need to talk and get that shit off your chest, you need to hear the words come out of your mouth. Coffee is going to be your new best friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    The transition you have gone through lately has been huge. Seems like you are holding together well. Keep it up!

stpete is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=Shol'va;6589545]
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post

Thanks. and yes, i have a sponsor. Him and i are pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    Thanks, Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    Thanks. I hate coffee though.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Thank you GGR! It feels really good.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Thanks, Johnny! I will!!

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I use to go sometimes with my buddy then we would go to the bar afterwards.
    Wasn't this a help ...cm

As the apostle Paul said "don not some much as show the appearance " ...cm

Thread Information