Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -

Thoughts on Provigil?

I have done some research and like what I have found. Does anyone have experience with this?heres part of an article that really sums it up. I have severe sleep apnea. Cpap is not working for me. I ordered a 90 day supply.

It took Peter Borden a while to come around to modafinil. He never takes prescription drugs. He doesn’t drink to excess. He’s into acupuncture and alternative medicine. But he was working two jobs—by day, he does quantitative analysis and project management for a venture-capital-backed B2B start-up; by night, he’s developing a proprietary high-­frequency trading system for a Wall Street start-up of his own—and what he needed was more time to work.

So a few months ago, Borden ordered a three-week supply by mail. (“It was a piece of cake,” he says.) He popped his first pill—“the maximum suggested dose”—as soon as the package arrived, and within a few hours he started feeling a pleasant fuzziness. “Not fuzzy-headed,” he says, “but crisp. A crisp softness to it.” Soon he was experiencing a level of concentration he’d never imagined. “My senses sort of shifted to the visual, and my auditory sense went down. Sounds didn’t even register. It was like walking around on a winter day when it just snowed. It was very easy to stay visually focused.”

Next came a head rush. “I sensed it was blood actually moving to the optic nerve. Your eyes start to feel very sort of engorged, and your awareness comes to the front of your face, which is kind of a freaky sensation. I would describe it as being very much like Adderall, but without the speediness.”

Tasks that were usually soul-crushing now had his undivided attention. He spent hours fine-tuning ad campaigns for his new business, and his output wasn’t just faster and longer—it was better. “I didn’t take as many breaks; I didn’t get as frustrated; the stuff came out with fewer errors,” he says. “I never felt, Oh, let’s just get it done. I polished things.” As long as he kept taking the pill, his focus never wavered. “Time took on an entirely different sort of quality.” He was even happier. “There were some very potent anti-anxiety effects. Which was strange. I didn’t think I was an anxious person, but I guess I was.”

Modafinil, which is marketed as Provigil in the United States, was first approved by the FDA in 1998 for the treatment of narcolepsy, but since then it’s become better known as a nootropic, a “smart drug,” especially among entrepreneurs. More recently, it has attracted traders like Borden who don’t just need a pick-me-up to get through a deadline; they need to be on, without a break, for months, even years at a time.

Modafinil Is Like…
    Reviews From Online Commenters

“A Prius compared to a Ferrari … profound yet at the same time subtle and not overwhelming.”

“A digital camera that took perfectly recognizable pictures, but now had a few more megapixels.”

“A borderline anxiety attack.”
    And that’s modafinil’s reputation. It is rumored to be the model for the fictional pills in the movie Limitless that allowed Bradley Cooper’s character to use 100 percent of his brain. Timothy Ferriss, author of the best-selling The 4-Hour Work Week, recently dished about its effects with modafinil fan Joe Rogan, the former host of Fear Factor, on Rogan’s popular podcast. Probably its biggest booster is Dave Asprey, founder of the Bulletproof Executive web forum, where he blogged about the drug’s powers (headline: “Why You Are Suffering From a Modafinil Deficiency”). Last summer, ABC News did a segment on Asprey in which he compared taking it to the scene in The Wizard of Oz where everything blossoms from black-and-white to color.

Nobody? Well I will publish my findings.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    How much muscle will I gain on a 12 week cycle?

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    its got quite a long page on wiki, check it out.

Modafinil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    How much muscle will I gain on a 12 week cycle?
    Your cerebral cortex will gain 2.2 lbs in 12 weeks. No pct required.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    its got quite a long page on wiki, check it out.

Modafinil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Should have come to you first. Your always in the know.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i am a wiki ninja

This should also be given to all the 28yearolds coming here saying they wanna cycle. And stupid ppl. Definitely give it to stupid ppl.

So is there like no after effect?. You don't end up more stupid than u were before?. Lol. Or maybe a lasting after effect of still being more with it?. Interesting thought. What other situations would it be useful for?. Combat?. Concentration whilst doing weights. Would it assist in the connection of mind to muscle?.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    i am a wiki ninja
    Heard of hidden wiki?

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    I had a script for this for a long time. I let it lapse, very stupid of me. I think I will call my doctor and start it back up. I'd like to have it on hand. I love the stuff. So does MM13. I does exactly what you stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Misery13 View Post
    I had a script for this for a long time. I let it lapse, very stupid of me. I think I will call my doctor and start it back up. I'd like to have it on hand. I love the stuff. So does MM13. I does exactly what you stated above.
    Thanks. I hope it does.

Thread Information