Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 60
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: WARNING: Extremely Disturbing / Bad Cops Kill Dog

  1. #1
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    19,050

    WARNING: Extremely Disturbing / Bad Cops Kill Dog

    Hawthorne, Ca Police Kill Dog | Police Shoot Dog While Arresting Dog's Owner For Recording Them!

    Hawthorne, Ca Police Kill Dog | Police Shoot Dog While Arresting Dog's Owner For Recording Them! - YouTube

    Feel free to register your disgust on the department's facebook page!

    https://www.facebook.com/hawthornepolice

  2. #2
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Saw that earlier today. Almost posted it.

    Most folks will say "Well.. the dog attacked!". To which I would say.. "Well, you should have left the innocent bystander alone, he caused no harm or interference."

    In other words... I understand that there are situations where a cop is justified in shooting an animal attacking him/her or to save a human life. However, BUT for the fact that they had to act on their ego and arrest an innocent man, this would have never happened.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  3. #3
    JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    1,524
    That is exactly the kind of shit that makes me want to hurt someone sometimes.

    They could of handled that completely differently. Uncuff the dude and let him put the dog up. He was not fighting the cops or resisting in anyway.

    The dog wasnt even being aggresssive. A beating is definitley in order for that trigger happy asshole.

    They need to realize that there are a lot more of us then them. They are not in charge.

  4. #4
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    That is exactly the kind of shit that makes me want to hurt someone sometimes.

    They could of handled that completely differently. Uncuff the dude and let him put the dog up. He was not fighting the cops or resisting in anyway.

    The dog wasnt even being aggresssive. A beating is definitley in order for that trigger happy asshole.

    They need to realize that there are a lot more of us then them. They are not in charge.
    lol, what? What's up with that last statement? They most certainly are in charge. Unjustifiably at times, but they are appointed and in charge.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  5. #5
    JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    1,524
    The dog did not attack anyone. The cop reached down to grab its leash, and the dog reared up a little.

    Why not ask the guy to take care of your dog. Do those mother****ers not own a dog.

    That dog was doing exactly what is is supposed to do. Exactly what my dog and best friend would do.

    I would definitley exact revenge on that asshole, if that was my buddy.

  6. #6
    JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    1,524
    Bullshit, they are paid to serve, and are not in charge.

  7. #7
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Bullshit, they are paid to serve, and are not in charge.
    I hear ya man. I'm not a fan of cops. Over 99% are corrupt in one way or another. But they are in charge of maintaining a lawful county. They "technically" would be held accountable should they fail to uphold the law in the event someone disobeys. You as a citizen would not be held accountable for someone elses actions. You and I as citizens have no authority over them, the opposite rather. Trust me I don't like it either but let's not make up stuff.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  8. #8
    JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    1,524
    See, I have to disagree. Not trying to be a badass or argue, just telling it how I feel.

    I personally have no use for police. I would never call on one for help, or for anything. There power has gotten out of control. They should be held accountable for their actions

    But it seems like these days all they do is act like the gestapo, with unlimited power. Sure there are some decent individauls who are police, and do the right thing, and are here to help.

    This is just one example where, it is either ignorance or improper training. Use your ****in head, was that the proper way to handle that situation. That was not meant towards you Aus.

  9. #9
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    I hear ya man. I'm not a fan of cops. Over 99% are corrupt in one way or another. But they are in charge of maintaining a lawful county. They "technically" would be held accountable should they fail to uphold the law in the event someone disobeys. You as a citizen would not be held accountable for someone elses actions. You and I as citizens have no authority over them, the opposite rather. Trust me I don't like it either but let's not make up stuff.
    I know it is not your intent to make us perceive this is an actual statistic. If we define the word "corrupt" broadly, then it would definately be a very high percentage. But it would also be in line with the general population. If i were a cop AND cycling, then I would fall within the definition. If I go over the speed limit, then once again. There are so many fukken laws that it is extremely difficult to not break the law.

    Every spit on the sidewalk?
    Ever walk out of a bar above the legal limit (drunk in public)
    And let's not forget about the sex laws. Yes, there are sex laws still on the books. For all you anal/oral freaks out there, many of the states still have sodomy laws on the books.

    So I challenge any of you out there to say they are without sin when it comes to breaking a law, and then extrapolate that onto a police officer.

    This rant brought to you by Times Roman.

    (btw, not pro cop, just going with the flow)

  10. #10
    JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    1,524
    Well I think that we can agree that there are many laws on the books that absolutely obsurd, and are there for no other reason than to profit finacially from them

  11. #11
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,936
    So, you have no use for police. Remember that when someone steals your car or breaks into your home or otherwise commits some type of crime against you or your family. I applaud you. You're saving your countries taxpayers money by letting them serve someone else! And we all know the civilian population would be extremely well behaved without the police getting in the way and interfering.

    Sarcasm aside, you'll call the police in a heartbeat if and when a serious crime is committed against you, your family or your property.
    BG and lstbred like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  12. #12
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    yeh that was pretty fvcked up....first what was the reason to detain the guy?filiming??? second there were like 3-4 ppl filming...
    third the dog was just doin what it was supposed to....in protecting his owner...
    how about u not make sudden jerky moves at the dog!!!!

    -Beast Mode-

  13. #13
    JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    1,524
    No I would not. Why? The crime has already been commited. And if I am there while the crime is being commited, then that is where I will police myself. I am an American citizen and I have the right to defend myself.

    Why do I need to call the police for help, or anybody for that matter. Nope, not me.

  14. #14
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I know it is not your intent to make us perceive this is an actual statistic. If we define the word "corrupt" broadly, then it would definately be a very high percentage. But it would also be in line with the general population. If i were a cop AND cycling, then I would fall within the definition. If I go over the speed limit, then once again. There are so many fukken laws that it is extremely difficult to not break the law.

    Every spit on the sidewalk?
    Ever walk out of a bar above the legal limit (drunk in public)
    And let's not forget about the sex laws. Yes, there are sex laws still on the books. For all you anal/oral freaks out there, many of the states still have sodomy laws on the books.

    So I challenge any of you out there to say they are without sin when it comes to breaking a law, and then extrapolate that onto a police officer.

    This rant brought to you by Times Roman.

    (btw, not pro cop, just going with the flow)
    No it was not my intent, it is however, my belief that it's true. You won't find any real statistics on this. And yes, if you were a cop and cycling, you would be corrupt. Let me tell you why it is NOT inline with the general population...

    The general population did not say the following words under oath:

    Quote Originally Posted by Law Enforcement Oath of Honor
    I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character, or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the constitution, my community and the agency I serve.
    ... Big massive stinkin' difference
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  15. #15
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    See, I have to disagree. Not trying to be a badass or argue, just telling it how I feel.

    I personally have no use for police. I would never call on one for help, or for anything. There power has gotten out of control. They should be held accountable for their actions

    But it seems like these days all they do is act like the gestapo, with unlimited power. Sure there are some decent individauls who are police, and do the right thing, and are here to help.

    This is just one example where, it is either ignorance or improper training. Use your ****in head, was that the proper way to handle that situation. That was not meant towards you Aus.
    Sure. When your loved ones are in trouble and you are nowhere to be found to protect them, I'm sure you'd think differently.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  16. #16
    JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    1,524
    Criminals should fear law abiding citizens, not just the police. That is what is so scary about the big gun grab.

    I am not saying that the police are useless, and that municipalites do not need them, they have their place just like firemen or emt's. They are civil SERVENTS.

  17. #17
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Criminals should fear law abiding citizens, not just the police. That is what is so scary about the big gun grab.

    I am not saying that the police are useless, and that municipalites do not need them, they have their place just like firemen or emt's. They are civil SERVENTS.
    But they don't. Thats why they're criminals.

    Anyway... it doesn't matter. to each his own.

    But... Servants can be in charge, lol.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  18. #18
    JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    1,524
    Well if we as society didnt put the police in charge of taking care of us, and we stopped being a bunch of pussies and learned to defend ourselves, then they would.

  19. #19
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    So, you have no use for police. Remember that when someone steals your car or breaks into your home or otherwise commits some type of crime against you or your family. I applaud you. You're saving your countries taxpayers money by letting them serve someone else! And we all know the civilian population would be extremely well behaved without the police getting in the way and interfering.

    Sarcasm aside, you'll call the police in a heartbeat if and when a serious crime is committed against you, your family or your property.
    If/when I call the police, it will be too late for them to prevent an actual crime. I take some pride in the idea I can protect my family and I do pack heat. But here's the thing that's been on my mind for the last few years. When i was in the military, If I heard a sound, I'd wake up quickly and alert. But now that I've got some years on me, and the woman snores, i use earplugs. You could easily sneak up on me and slit my throat without alerting me. Never would have happened 10 years ago.

    I think most of us would agree that cops are not intended to be there quickly enough to prevent bad shit from happening. Yes, they try. Cops are more intended to respond after the fact, or try to take out those that they do know about and stop them from doing it again. But in the heat of the moment, cops are a day late and a dollar short.

    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    No it was not my intent, it is however, my belief that it's true. You won't find any real statistics on this. And yes, if you were a cop and cycling, you would be corrupt. Let me tell you why it is NOT inline with the general population...

    The general population did not say the following words under oath:



    ... Big massive stinkin' difference
    touche!

    wasnt' thinking in terms of the oath.

    I don't know. Im a Libertarian and all these laws really piss me off

  20. #20
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Well if we as society didnt put the police in charge of taking care of us, and we stopped being a bunch of pussies and learned to defend ourselves, then they would.
    So you expect 100% of the population to be exactly like you. I see. I want them all to be like me, too. Reality Check: Never gonna happen!

    Removing police officers is like removing traffic lights and warning signage. See what happens to traffic...
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  21. #21
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    So you expect 100% of the population to be exactly like you. I see. I want them all to be like me, too. Reality Check: Never gonna happen!

    Removing police officers is like removing traffic lights and warning signage. See what happens to traffic...
    I agree cops do have a proper role in our society.

    but there is this big misconception that they are there to prevent someone invading your home.

  22. #22
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    I like turtles.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  23. #23
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    19,050
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    So, you have no use for police. Remember that when someone steals your car or breaks into your home or otherwise commits some type of crime against you or your family. I applaud you. You're saving your countries taxpayers money by letting them serve someone else! And we all know the civilian population would be extremely well behaved without the police getting in the way and interfering.

    Sarcasm aside, you'll call the police in a heartbeat if and when a serious crime is committed against you, your family or your property.
    You want those guys showing up when you call? I don't.

  24. #24
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    19,050
    I think we all agree that some form of police is necessary in society.

    I think we can also agree that we deserve better than these scumbags.

  25. #25
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,936
    Their goal actually is to prevent. It's just not attainable the majority of the time, but it's still their goal. It's the purpose of police patrols. Police catch crimes in progress on a daily basis and prevent crimes by being visible and proactive. Yes, no where near the amount as after the fact but police cannot be omni-present.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  26. #26
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    I think we all agree that some form of police is necessary in society.

    I think we can also agree that we deserve better than these scumbags.
    I don't know mate. When i was younger, i HATED cops. But I also caused alot of trouble. I'd be comfortable with saying most cops are ok.

    But I think a combination of cops and allowing qualified citizens the right to bear arms in a concealed fashion would be a step in the right direction. Personal defense is really the way, or should I say, the LIBERTARIAN way to go.

  27. #27
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,936
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    You want those guys showing up when you call? I don't.
    Not saying that. There are asshats in every profession. Every single profession. Plumbers, nurses, doctors, lawyers, etc.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  28. #28
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Not saying that. There are asshats in every profession. Every single profession. Plumbers, nurses, doctors, lawyers, etc.
    there are so many assholes out there, I'd be so bold and state that there is a one to one correlation between members in a profession and assholes in general.

    I just double checked. i think the math is right...

  29. #29
    crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Micanopy/Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    No I would not. Why? The crime has already been commited. And if I am there while the crime is being commited, then that is where I will police myself. I am an American citizen and I have the right to defend myself.

    Why do I need to call the police for help, or anybody for that matter. Nope, not me.
    And who should your daughter call when she is being raped or assaulted or her car is in the process of being jacked. Who should any old man or woman call. If a guy is beating on your son should he not call for help and what do you say to the cop that comes to the recue, FK you cop et out of here we my daughter and my son and my wife don't need you. We don't need cops. Get real bad ass. The violence in the streets where your kids are out for the night. Sorry man that sounds very naÔve of you to say. . ..crazy not mike

  30. #30
    DB1982's Avatar
    DB1982 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

    I don't know mate. When i was younger, i HATED cops. But I also caused alot of trouble. I'd be comfortable with saying most cops are ok.

    But I think a combination of cops and allowing qualified citizens the right to bear arms in a concealed fashion would be a step in the right direction. Personal defense is really the way, or should I say, the LIBERTARIAN way to go.
    The problem with this is we live in a sue happy country . The city or county picks up the bill for officers when someone goes after an officer .
    So the means right or wrong you'll be responsible for your own defense in court. The average defense cost (lawyer fees) for shooting another person is around $50,000 a friend who is a officer gave me this number if your wondering how I came up with the cost.

    So you could see how things could get out of hand real quick . even with laws stating you can protect yourself n family.
    There are also laws saying you can be held accountable for the actions you take... ie... You shoot the a guy and he lives but can no longer work due to having his knee shot and and let's not forget his emotional distress from being shot.

    While I don't agree with the way things work. But its the way things are

  31. #31
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    And who should your daughter call when she is being raped or assaulted or her car is in the process of being jacked. Who should any old man or woman call. If a guy is beating on your son should he not call for help and what do you say to the cop that comes to the recue, FK you cop et out of here we my daughter and my son and my wife don't need you. We don't need cops. Get real bad ass. The violence in the streets where your kids are out for the night. Sorry man that sounds very naÔve of you to say. . ..crazy not mike
    but if your daughter is getting raped and the cops are called, they wont get there in time to prevent her from getting raped.

  32. #32
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    ^there is nothing wrong with citizen activism. after you call 911, then go in there and bust some ass.

    too many people act like sheep and allow things to happen.

    if we all stood up, crime rates would drop
    JJ78 likes this.

  33. #33
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Comparing self defense and police action is crazy. 2 completely different worlds. Everyone can and should defend themselves. What's that have to do with cops ?? Cops are called in the event that one is either reporting a crime and/or unable to protect themselves. Or in my case, in an attempt to extract an ex girlfriend from my house.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  34. #34
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,936
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Comparing self defense and police action is crazy. 2 completely different worlds. Everyone can and should defend themselves. What's that have to do with cops ?? Cops are called in the event that one is either reporting a crime and/or unable to protect themselves. Or in my case, in an attempt to extract an ex girlfriend from my house.
    That would be a repeat call.....
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  35. #35
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    That would be a repeat call.....
    lol. Yes. And a repeat offender!
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  36. #36
    crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Micanopy/Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    but if your daughter is getting raped and the cops are called, they wont get there in time to prevent her from getting raped.
    I know that silly, just saying we need the law,...cops, police if you will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    ^there is nothing wrong with citizen activism. after you call 911, then go in there and bust some ass.
    too many people act like sheep and allow things to happen.
    if we all stood up, crime rates would drop
    I agreed with this also....c m

  37. #37
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    15,888
    watched ... justified.. nothing will become of it..

    while at least 4.5 – 4.7 million Americans (2%) are bitten by dogs every year...

    what to get the stats for that breed??
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

  38. #38
    Rwy's Avatar
    Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,488
    I am sorry but the owner should have minded his business. This is just as much his fault as it is the police. I live in NYC and I have a German Shepherd. I cannot tell you how many times cops pull up and get out to try and pet him. I always tell them no. Some are offended and others understand. God forbid something happens and they pull their guns out and shoot him. You just dont know. Why bring unnessecary attention to yourself and your family member.

    I feel for the owner because a poor choice like this should not lead to such heart ache. It was just poor judgment on everyones part

  39. #39
    Rwy's Avatar
    Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,488
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    watched ... justified.. nothing will become of it..

    while at least 4.5 – 4.7 million Americans (2%) are bitten by dogs every year...

    what to get the stats for that breed??

    its never the breed. Its the people who own the breed. You can tell that this dog was poorly trained by the collar and lead. Working dogs should not be waring what he has on.
    Flagg likes this.

  40. #40
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    So, you have no use for police. Remember that when someone steals your car or breaks into your home or otherwise commits some type of crime against you or your family. I applaud you. You're saving your countries taxpayers money by letting them serve someone else! And we all know the civilian population would be extremely well behaved without the police getting in the way and interfering.

    Sarcasm aside, you'll call the police in a heartbeat if and when a serious crime is committed against you, your family or your property.
    Yup it's engrained in us that is what we are supposed to do.

    I have had my house broke into 1x. Cops came, took a couple of finger prints and that was the last I ever heard anything about it. I got most of my stuff back by my own detective work. cops had nothing to do with it.

    I have had ATVs stolen 2x. Once from the front of my house locked on a trailer with the trailer all locked up as best as anyone could. They had big bolt cutters and took everything. Cops were called, said nothing they could do but take a police report. Never heard anything from the cops again. Again due to my own research and someone seeing them I know the general area they ended up but have not recovered as of yet.

    Second time my ATV's were stolen along with all my spare parts, riding gear and a bunch of tools was from the inside of a locked garage 2 days after my mom passed away because the meth head neighbors new no one was home at night they took the opportunity to break in. Called the cops, they took fingerprints etc and again it was the last I heard from them. I know 1q00% who did it due to the cousin narking on his meth head relative and it will be handled.

    What have cops done for me? 2x when I was younger TRIED to accuse me being at fault in an accident when the other driver is standing their admitting fault. I have had cops lie to a judge about what I said to make a speeding ticket stick.
    Best one was when I had a BIG 6' 4" black cop (I'm 5'-8") getting in my face telling me if I did not hand over my 1yr old daughter to my wife immediately I was going to jail as he had his handcuffs out and other hand resting on his gun. Every time I tried to explain my wife had not been home for over 1 month because she was on a coke bender and the $10,000 she took out of the bank must have ran out he would cut me off, get in my face and tell me NOT to speak, just go get my daughter or go to jail. This went one for 20 minutes when I had my mom call my attorney. Luckily my attorney knew him and after the cop saying yes, yes, ohhhh, yes OK, bye. He left.

    Yeah I'm trying to think what cops have done FOR me.....
    Yes they are a necessary evil in my book. They are needed but I think 50% of them are not because their purpose is not to keep the people or serve the public but have beecome a form of tax collectors or in this case ticket/fee collectors to supplement their employment.

    I honestly thing if cops did what they are supposed to do (I'm sure many do) we could easily get away with 50% less.

    This one is local for me and happened recently. Bastard cops were saying what a good shot it was and such. Dog was only guarding it's own property. Not going after anyone or being aggressive.

    Lawsuit says police didn't need to shoot, kill Rosie | Local News | The Seattle Times

    Dog "just sitting there"
    According to witnesses quoted in the lawsuit, the dog was "just sitting there" when one of the officers used a Taser on her in the driveway of the Wrights' home, sending her running from the yard. The officers followed in their cars.
    "He doesn't want to play," one officer is heard commenting. About a minute later, another officer says, "I'll shoot him. Let's just go shoot him," according to the lawsuit and dash-camera audio.
    Meantime, another officer got close enough to Rosie to use a Taser on her a second time, firing through the car's open passenger window. The dog scampered away, eventually finding her way into Lora Perry's back yard, about four blocks away.
    Perry, in an interview, said Rosie had apparently slipped into Perry's fenced yard while she was parking her car and had been there for about 15 minutes, "just sniffing around," when an officer arrived at the gate and asked if she'd seen a stray dog.
    "I told him, 'Yes,' that she was here. He got on his radio and a few minutes later another officer arrived" carrying a rifle. Perry said the officers entered her yard, walking past a "No Trespassing" sign.
    "One of them told me to get in the house, or something like that," Perry said. "It was clear they were there to shoot her. She wasn't doing anything. She was just sitting there."
    Perry said she had two children in the house when the officer opened fire on the dog.
    "They were frightened," she said. "And I was just livid. They didn't ask me anything. The dog could have stayed in my backyard."
    The officers let her own dog out when they opened the gate to kill Rosie, Perry said.
    After the first shot — which an autopsy later concluded shattered the dog's leg — one of the officers is heard shouting "Nice!" The officer with the rifle fired three more times, according to the lawsuit and dash-camera video.
    The Wrights returned home later that day unaware of what had happened to their dog. They frantically called friends and the police, looking for Rosie

    The Police Department conducted a "thorough internal review" and concluded the officers' actions were justified. Any surprise???
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-02-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •