View Poll Results: When you came here, how long do you think it will take to get ripped?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Month

    0 0%
  • 3 Months

    2 33.33%
  • 6 Months

    1 16.67%
  • 12 months

    2 33.33%
  • More than a year

    1 16.67%
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By austinite

Thread: For the Newer Members (a Poll)

  1. #1
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383

    For the Newer Members (a Poll)

    How long do you think it should take to get ripped?

    (just out of curiosity)

    Feel free to discuss in detail.

  2. #2
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    Depends on the starting point.
    Its like asking how long to drive to California
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

  3. #3
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Depends on the starting point.
    Its like asking how long to drive to California
    Takes 24 hours from anywhere on earth. Speeds would vary.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  4. #4
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Depends on the starting point.
    Its like asking how long to drive to California
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Takes 24 hours from anywhere on earth. Speeds would vary.
    I already know what you blokes think............

  5. #5
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    another way of saying this is...

    ..."What does being 'Ripped' mean to you?"

  6. #6
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    ripped: any less is mediocre IMO which is why i can never be satisfied!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For the Newer Members (a Poll)-ripped1.jpg   For the Newer Members (a Poll)-ripped2.jpg   For the Newer Members (a Poll)-ripped3.jpg  

  7. #7
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    ripped: any less is mediocre IMO which is why i can never be satisfied!!
    lol. That's 3 %. That's not ripped. That's shredded to pieces.
    evander87 likes this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  8. #8
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    lol. That's 3 %. That's not ripped. That's shredded to pieces.
    all the same to me! the question is what will it take to get me there??!?!?!!??

  9. #9
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    all the same to me! the question is what will it take to get me there??!?!?!!??
    Well, a lot of hard work, drugs and an ambulance on standby.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  10. #10
    ChiveOn's Avatar
    ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SoCal USA
    Posts
    1,404
    There's about a 99% chance you'll never be there. And I only give you a 1% chance because its not impossible. It's just not possible lol

  11. #11
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Well, a lot of hard work, drugs and an ambulance on standby.
    duh..............

  12. #12
    canesfan804's Avatar
    canesfan804 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    894
    Well 405 you only have like 15% of BF to lose so its not that far away bud.

  13. #13
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by canesfan804 View Post
    Well 405 you only have like 15% of BF to lose so its not that far away bud.
    touche dickhead! not for long though.. LOL (p.s. thx for the added motivation..)

    and ive lost 18% before so there!

  14. #14
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    I think we all have 15% of BF to lose?

  15. #15
    Chx beach 79's Avatar
    Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast: on the beach
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    ripped: any less is mediocre IMO which is why i can never be satisfied!!
    That almost looks fake...

  16. #16
    Chx beach 79's Avatar
    Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast: on the beach
    Posts
    1,287
    Ripped for me is is alway just a little bit bigger and a little bit leaner... Never changes it is always more of both, then when I get there it is still more!

  17. #17
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    ^ so is getting "ripped" a process or a destination for you?

  18. #18
    Chx beach 79's Avatar
    Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast: on the beach
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    ^ so is getting "ripped" a process or a destination for you?
    I would have to say a process.

  19. #19
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    So if it is a process, is there ever a point where you look in the mirror and think "I'm finally ripped?"

  20. #20
    Chx beach 79's Avatar
    Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast: on the beach
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    So if it is a process, is there ever a point where you look in the mirror and think "I'm finally ripped?"
    Hasn't happened yet and I went from 185 lbs 20% Bodyfat to 236 lbs. 10.1% Bodyfat in 5.5 years.. I have thought I look great but never ripped.

  21. #21
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    another way of saying this is...

    ..."What does being 'Ripped' mean to you?"
    15% bf or less = ripped

    any sign of abs = not fat

  22. #22
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    So if it is a process, is there ever a point where you look in the mirror and think "I'm finally ripped?"
    Honestly, and I know this is intended for newbies, but...

    For me, the leanest I've ever been was just a hair under 10% (I've been leaner, but that was me being a skinny kid that didn't train). I have a tough time getting there today. But I also didn't have as much lean mass back then. I'd say my favorite "Look" was 215 lbs at 10.5%. So realistically, I've never considered myself ripped. Probably because I'm never really satisfied.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  23. #23
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    ripped for me is a destination for sure.. ive been 187lbs 9%bf and i did not consider myself ripped.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •