Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By panntastic

Thread: what is high blood pressure and what can happen??? google is hard

  1. #1
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315

    what is high blood pressure and what can happen??? google is hard

    Ok so i went to my doctor yesterday for tinea versicolor treatment and well they checked my BP and P first and here it is

    BP 146/67

    P 84

    is high blood pressure bad lol?? she told me i was only a little high ..??? is it because of my Protein 200 g + diet 100g carbs 60 g fats???? i made this diet for fat loss ( cutting)
    My protein shake has 10% cholesterol ..??
    Last edited by RajaSultan; 07-11-2013 at 12:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,379
    Quote Originally Posted by RajaSultan View Post
    Ok so i went to my doctor yesterday for tinea versicolor treatment and well they checked my BP and P first and here it is

    BP 146/67

    P 84

    is high blood pressure bad lol?? she told me i was only a little high ..??? is it because of my Protein 200 g + diet 100g carbs 60 g fats???? i made this diet for fat loss ( cutting)
    My protein shake has 10% cholesterol ..??
    You probably should look at this:

    High blood pressure dangers: Hypertension's effects on the body - MayoClinic.com

  3. #3
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

    i don't think any of those will happen, genes don't have heart attacks brain etc etc, i guess i will be fine =]
    non of my genes ever drinked smoked and stuff, except for uncles tho .. i smoked like for 1-2 years but then i quited , never drank .. i guess its just the diet, will be fine later '

    END OF THREAD(CLOSE THREAD)

  4. #4
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,379
    Quote Originally Posted by RajaSultan View Post
    i don't think any of those will happen, genes don't have heart attacks brain etc etc, i guess i will be fine =]
    non of my genes ever drinked smoked and stuff, except for uncles tho .. i smoked like for 1-2 years but then i quited , never drank .. i guess its just the diet, will be fine later '

    END OF THREAD(CLOSE THREAD)
    Whatever, Dude. High blood pressure is a health risk. If you want to make a drastic change, cut the salt out of your diet and use No Salt instead and eat leaner. Healthy diet changes can lower blood pressure often as well as just taking a specific blood pressure med. And aside from looking better and having better energy from the healthier diet, there is no side-effects.

  5. #5
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Dang, Raja. You start a thread and instantly pout? lol.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  6. #6
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Whatever, Dude. High blood pressure is a health risk. If you want to make a drastic change, cut the salt out of your diet and use No Salt instead and eat leaner. Healthy diet changes can lower blood pressure often as well as just taking a specific blood pressure med. And aside from looking better and having better energy from the healthier diet, there is no side-effects.
    the only time i use salt is when i am boiling my chicken drumsticks and thighs, i put like 1 teaspoon man. i guess i had that BP probably increased for a while because i sneezed alot of times before reaching the hospital and i heard when you sneeze your heart stops for a second? probably that caused it to seem high that's why i ended the thread.

  7. #7
    panntastic's Avatar
    panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by RajaSultan
    . i guess i had that BP probably increased for a while because i sneezed alot of times before reaching the hospital and i heard when you sneeze your heart stops for a second? probably that caused it to seem high that's why i ended the thread.
    Sound medical knowledge right there?
    Are you taking steroids at the moment?

  8. #8
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,379
    Quote Originally Posted by RajaSultan View Post
    the only time i use salt is when i am boiling my chicken drumsticks and thighs, i put like 1 teaspoon man. i guess i had that BP probably increased for a while because i sneezed alot of times before reaching the hospital and i heard when you sneeze your heart stops for a second? probably that caused it to seem high that's why i ended the thread.
    Salt was just an example.

    Maybe this will give you an idea...

    Potassium and High Blood Pressure

    Your diet can do a lot in controlling your blood pressure. It should always be your first line of defense.

  9. #9
    jasc's Avatar
    jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by RajaSultan View Post

    the only time i use salt is when i am boiling my chicken drumsticks and thighs, i put like 1 teaspoon man. i guess i had that BP probably increased for a while because i sneezed alot of times before reaching the hospital and i heard when you sneeze your heart stops for a second? probably that caused it to seem high that's why i ended the thread.
    lol!

    I once lowered my HDL cholesterol by laughing 3 times before a blood draw

  10. #10
    panntastic's Avatar
    panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc

    lol!

    I once lowered my HDL cholesterol by laughing 3 times before a blood draw
    Now that's what we're talking about!
    A lad in the gym knows somebody, who knows this guy, who's cousin heard of a fella kind of thing
    Lol

  11. #11
    BIGB's Avatar
    BIGB is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    313
    Your blood pressure is fine take it over a month and see what it is. Your diastolic is good and systolic is not that bad. mine is just like yours when i see a doctor when i take it on my own it is way lower.

  12. #12
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Salt was just an example.

    Maybe this will give you an idea...

    Potassium and High Blood Pressure

    Your diet can do a lot in controlling your blood pressure. It should always be your first line of defense.

    Potassium:

    Potassium is an essential mineral needed to regulate water balance, levels of acidity and blood pressure. Potassium, together with sodium-potassium inside the cell and sodium in the fluid surrounding the cell, work together for the nervous system to transmit messages as well as regulating the contraction of muscles.

    People with low blood levels of potassium who are undergoing heart surgery are at an increased risk of developing heart arrhythmias and an increased need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Potassium is also required for carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
    then again like i said sneezing effects BP but thanks for the help tho, i know i am fine.(or its my crash diet)
    Can a sneezing attack make your blood pressure go up

  13. #13
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    Sound medical knowledge right there?
    Are you taking steroids at the moment?
    Me:
    Age:18.5

    What i heard:
    right age to start steroids : 25 but 21 is not bad.

    What will happen if i start early:
    diseases that i 1000% don't want man.

  14. #14
    krugerr's Avatar
    krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK (Nr London)
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by RajaSultan

    Me:
    Age:18.5

    What i heard:
    right age to start steroids : 25 but 21 is not bad.

    What will happen if i start early:
    diseases that i 1000% don't want man.
    Did you really just list your age with a half year?

    "I am eighteen and one half, sir"

  15. #15
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Did you really just list your age with a half year?

    "I am eighteen and one half, sir"
    lol what's wrong with it if i list half?

  16. #16
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,379
    Quote Originally Posted by RajaSultan View Post
    lol what's wrong with it if i list half?
    Because only 6 year olds do that.

  17. #17
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Because only 6 year olds do that.
    lol, i am still not yet 25+ which means i am still a kid in front of all you 30+ year olds here

  18. #18
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    Hows the one meal a day going for ya sikbeard?

  19. #19
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Hows the one meal a day going for ya sikbeard?
    da fuq??? off topic?

  20. #20
    panntastic's Avatar
    panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    Hows the one meal a day going for ya sikbeard?
    Your special
    Euroholic likes this.

  21. #21
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    your threads always make me.... lol...

  22. #22
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    your threads always make me.... lol...
    Oo well it's probably because i am under 25 ?

  23. #23
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bulkville
    Posts
    5,555
    I have the problem also. Someone asked if you're on gear at the moment? that can raise. Too many variables at stake with HBP. Your kidneys may be functioning properly. Have you had your blood checked? Its likely your diet, watch your salt and cholesterol. You may have to eat less. weight can also attribute, the more you weigh, sometimes the higher bp you have, not all the time though. you have a moderately high systolic which is the top number, and a fairly low diastolic number on the bottom. Its sometimes hereditary, you need to keep a check on it in all seriousness. They call it the "silent killer".

  24. #24
    GrimmReaper's Avatar
    GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,057
    BP is a serious issue man, I have hereditary high BP. they say it is 95% due to age/diet/weight/other meds and 5% hereditary. Go get meds, do not mess around with it. I am on a 5/20 amlotapine/benzepril generic drug and it keeps me in the 120/80 range. Long term untreat leads to a stroke.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •