Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fit2bOld

Thread: Costco vs Sam's Club

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

Costco vs Sam's Club

I am debating on which one to get a membership to. I have my own biz (LLC), so thinking about doing the business account.

I have never stepped foot into a Costco before but have been in and shopped at Sam's back in my college days.

all opinions welcome!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 07-11-2013 at 11:03 AM.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I've never been to Costco, but Sam's is great. They have some great deals on bulk chicken and red meat.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    do you need a lot of things for your business that you will be using???

I got the business membership at sams' it's closer to my house, i pay the tax when i buy something, I like it because i can go shopping there 2 hours before the hords of idiots can get in there...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    do you need a lot of things for your business that you will be using???

I got the business membership at sams' it's closer to my house, i pay the tax when i buy something, I like it because i can go shopping there 2 hours before the hords of idiots can get in there...
    nope, don't really need anything particular per say. maybe some 'furniture,' for my apartment/office.

I was looking more into bulk groceries (beef/chicken/egg whites/etc...) to see if it is really worth the membership.

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    I've never been to Costco, but Sam's is great. They have some great deals on bulk chicken and red meat.
    I had a membership to Sam's in college and was well worth it come football season!

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    I was looking more into bulk groceries (beef/chicken/egg whites/etc...) to see if it is really worth the membership.
    Hell yes it's worth membership. Never been to a Sams club but Costco is only $50 and I know I save way more than that on my chicken and veg. Which ever one is closer and easier to get to get that membership.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Go to Costco. SAMs is part of Walmart who uses employees by working them under forty hours a week to avoid giving any benefits. They have the largest profits and the lowest pay of any retailer.
    canesfan804 likes this.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have both but like the overall quality of costco better myself. Food and merchandise
    I buy there rack of 3 ribs often

redhawk01 is offline Member
    Costco all the way! Been a member there for 6 or 7 years now. Was a member at Sam's as well. Costco seems more higher end. Bulk food for the win.

Blankinator is offline Junior Member
    Costco for me.

Had Sams back in the 90's. Switched to Costco after I moved closer to one. Never looked back.

IMO, the culture at Costco for their employees is different than Sams in a better way and it shows in the attitude and "feel" of being at Costco.

As an added bonus, get an Exec membership and the Amex that is offered with it. You get cash back awards and Costco actually will hand you cash each March. You'll most likely get at least enough cash back to cover the cost of your annual membership fee.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've had both and in the last 3 years and prefer Costco for both business and personal. That being said, if a Sam's were 15 minutes closer than Costco, I would go with Sam's. Both being equal though, I would go Costco. Costco's personal and business Amex cards are good too.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    At costco, you can go in with a "relative" and pay $25 each. I've done this with friends and say it's my brother-in-law. They don't care. No questions asked. Each one gets a seperate card. Better get a freezer for all those 1" thick pork chops. Love those things.

Thanks for the replies fellas, i appreciate it

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Great timing on this as I'm moving in 5 weeks and won't have a Costco close by (I've been a member for roughly 10 years now), so I'm cancelling and going with Sam's who has a warehouse 5 mins from my new temp place. I've been sweating this for a while... LOVE my Costco!

AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    walmart owns sams - nuff said.
    Costco owned by a good person.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    I've shopped at both. They look and seem the same. They even smell the same lol

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i have both

costco is a little better imo

sam's prescriptions are cheaper but pretty sure u dont need the membership for that

pizza is better at costco

costco gives 1 or 2% back if u get the black membership...got our check back recently and what we purchased the previous year paid around the difference between the reg and the black membership maybe a lil more...we are going to let friends use our card so we can get more

absolutely LOVE costco

if had to choose definitely costco

sam's has fully cooked smoked beef brisket, costco doesnt

drake4243 is offline Member
    Wal-Mart sucks! I would rather pay Shaws prices then go to Sam’s club

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Well I have never been to Costco but I have a Sams membership. I hate Wal-Mart but with 5 of us my grocery bill is over $1000/MONTH and I rarely buy my kids junk food. I would go to Costco if we had one near us as long as prices are close on chicken and beef.

also hate walmart

and wow 1,000 month grocery

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    Costco is better here. Quality of meat and produce is noticeable. I cant stand walmart, but as far as how walmart treats its employees, nobody forces anyone to work there.

i know walmart keeps coming up and know owns sam's club but there IS a difference in quality of meats, produce, everything between sam's and walmart...at least around here....i too also hate walmart

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I like Price Club (I'll never call it Costco). They've got good prices on their food and other merchandise and they treat their employees well.

The only thing I'll ever buy from Walmart/Sam's Club is their $4 generic prescriptions (I can't afford not to buy medicines at those prices). The way they exploit their labour, I don't want to do business with them. I don't approve of companies that dick over their worker's with low wages, keeping them scheduled under full-time hours to avoid benefits and illegally going in to the time-clock programs and "shaving" off hours employees actually worked. On top of that, their prices suck on every thing and their meats are poor quality.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Go to Costco. SAMs is part of Walmart who uses employees by working them under forty hours a week to avoid giving any benefits. They have the largest profits and the lowest pay of any retailer.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^ And remember people of Walmart/AKA China Incorporated are also people of Sams Club...

GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member
    HAHAHAHA only at walmart

Have been a member at both, better deals at sams and membership is cheaper but costco is better quality. Just depends on what you prefer....

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Warning Rant Post!

Same here but like you said Costco sells better merchandise IMO. They now even sell Sears Craftsmen Tool Sets at Costco. The only problem with Craftsmen Tools now is...Are you ready for this? Ok here goes Craftsmen is no longer made in America! Yep Sears in it's ever ending struggle to survive had to give in and start making their best tools overseas in guess where? Yep China. And as we all know China makes nothing but trash and junk and we buy it, them mainly at Walmart. Are we stupid or what as a nation? Sad thing now about this ordeal with Craftsmen tools is that a lot of their unique tools made for the professional are now no longer being made so when you break one of those tools you cannot replace it with an exact replica replacement but instead have to take a down grade with a tool that isn't even the same type! Hows that for their forever warranty? But to give sears credit they still are open so they had to do it to stay in business. Same with levis as their jeans are made overseas now and again far less quality materials so they are not holding up anywhere nearly as well as the ones formerly made in the USA! But levis says they will replace any jeans that have prematurely failed so contact them online to get a free return postage and send those bad suckers back!

Skoal21 is offline New Member
    costco

Not sure if you are near a BJ's, but they are pretty good too. Good quality products.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Yep I have shopped at BJs, SAMs and Costco and IMO Costco is top dog. BJs is second.

Thread Information