Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: who were you in high school?

  1. #1
    gilgr8's Avatar
    gilgr8 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4

    who were you in high school?

    like prep, emo, nerd, jock?
    C3RB3RUS likes this.

  2. #2
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Welcome. Would you like to introduce yourself, gil?
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  3. #3
    skaz915 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513
    Mostly prep I guess but I was the guy that had friends in every group.

  4. #4
    tdoe11's Avatar
    tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,288
    There was no emo kids in high school thank God. Haha.

  5. #5
    optionsdude's Avatar
    optionsdude is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    725
    I hung out with the hoods on the back steps aka the smoking area. Yes they had a smoking (not just cigs) area at our school. The music was great one of the guys from shop would bring an extension chord and someone always had a boombox playing led zep or Rush. An hour of getting away from the grind of school.
    C3RB3RUS likes this.

  6. #6
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by optionsdude View Post
    I hung out with the hoods on the back steps aka the smoking area. Yes they had a smoking (not just cigs) area at our school. The music was great one of the guys from shop would bring an extension chord and someone always had a boombox playing led zep or Rush. An hour of getting away from the grind of school.
    sounds like the 80's ???

  7. #7
    Gaspaco's Avatar
    Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,086
    RIP?? Who guys?

  8. #8
    ChiveOn's Avatar
    ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SoCal USA
    Posts
    1,404
    Goth/band nerd/water polo jock
    Interesting combination. I had my own sort of style I guess

  9. #9
    cruzetor's Avatar
    cruzetor is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    sydney/ seoul
    Posts
    81
    i was a huge faget in high school.
    Flacco likes this.

  10. #10
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    I was a hot headed medium size guy looking to prove a point and wound up in a lot of fights.

    I was also intellectual and partook of a green leafy substance on a regular basis. At lunch, you could find me out in the parking lot with my frisbee. If I wasn't there, I was at the chess club, defending my undefeated title. And I had this hot little Honda motorcycle I drove everywhere.
    C3RB3RUS likes this.

  11. #11
    redhawk01's Avatar
    redhawk01 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    581
    A frock.

  12. #12
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I was a hot headed medium size guy looking to prove a point and wound up in a lot of fights.

    I was also intellectual and partook of a green leafy substance on a regular basis. At lunch, you could find me out in the parking lot with my frisbee. If I wasn't there, I was at the chess club, defending my undefeated title. And I had this hot little Honda motorcycle I drove everywhere.
    still ??? (i may have asked u this already)

  13. #13
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    still ??? (i may have asked u this already)
    I've been beaten.

    Went to the Porterville chess club seven or eight years after highschool. (new town that i was living in). The club had no resident master, but it had an "A" player. I beat a few of the grunts and finally the A player felt it necessary to defend his club's honor, so we played. Long drawn out game, lasted an hour and a half, and he finally beat me (barely). So we talked. We were both trained by the same master (Richard Shoreman). Difference is he remained active and trained, and I hadn't played in a few years.

    I lost a game in Germany too.

    But I haven't really played anything competitive since I was in training as a kid, say maybe 13 or 14 years old.

  14. #14
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    Whats a prep?


    I had alot of wog mates at school.

  15. #15
    jimmy726's Avatar
    jimmy726 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    179
    I was the party guy so I hung out with anyone and everyone lol

  16. #16
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    I was a 145 lb nerd who benched 255 lbs, held the school record for chin-ups, made side money selling Rum, Vodka and Whiskey plus a lot of green tobacco type substance. I also only went to school 2-3 times a week and made honor roll my junior year. lol

    In other words I have no idea where I really fit in....

  17. #17
    cruzetor's Avatar
    cruzetor is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    sydney/ seoul
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I had alot of wog mates at school.
    where in aus u from m8 ?

  18. #18
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I was a 145 lb nerd who benched 255 lbs, held the school record for chin-ups, made side money selling Rum, Vodka and Whiskey plus a lot of green tobacco type substance. I also only went to school 2-3 times a week and made honor roll my junior year. lol

    In other words I have no idea where I really fit in....
    Lol. I don't even remember where I went to high school... Or if I did?!?
    Flacco and C3RB3RUS like this.

  19. #19
    optionsdude's Avatar
    optionsdude is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    sounds like the 80's ???
    You know it. And as some others mentioned that green leafy stuff was prevalent at the time.

  20. #20
    bigpapabuff's Avatar
    bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,181
    Id say jock but I really got along with most "groups"

  21. #21
    Shadow530i is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    147
    I played a lot of sports and enjoyed large amounts of that stuff that's legal in Washington and Colorado.

  22. #22
    Flacco's Avatar
    Flacco is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phuket Thailand/Brooklyn
    Posts
    855
    I got kicked out of 8th grade, and got sent to rehabs/bootcamps/schools for trouble teens until I was almost 18. I guess I'd call myself a fck up lol.

  23. #23
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Flacco View Post
    I got kicked out of 8th grade, and got sent to rehabs/bootcamps/schools for trouble teens until I was almost 18. I guess I'd call myself a fck up lol.
    Did it help? Did you learn anything? Where do you see yourself now if you had not been sent to boot-camp?

    BTW if you are in Phuket, I hate you right now. lol J/K, only because I'm NOT there right now.

  24. #24
    bdos's Avatar
    bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Skippy's pouch
    Posts
    3,327
    I was the drifter id annoy everyone at school and then move on when they got close to boiling point and even at work now im known as the a$$hole

  25. #25
    Flacco's Avatar
    Flacco is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phuket Thailand/Brooklyn
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Did it help? Did you learn anything? Where do you see yourself now if you had not been sent to boot-camp?

    BTW if you are in Phuket, I hate you right now. lol J/K, only because I'm NOT there right now.
    Honestly man... I think it absolutely helped me. Probably kept me out jail at least. Everybody's been through their fair of shit, right? I think that people learn things at different stages in life. Example... My brother went into the military at a young age. He learned discipline and being responsible early. However... I think from going to war and being in the enviornment he's been in, he cut himself off emotionally. Being a dad the past 3/4 years, he's learning to be more emotional/express himself better, and not bottle shit up. I've had the opposite experience. From all the therapy/priests/social workers/counselors I've had to talk to from an early age, I've learned to express myself pretty well. I think I'm pretty honest about everything, and I have good grasp on who I am as a person. I think its taught me knowledge of self and I'm able to talk/relate/feel compassion for people ect. Now...I'm working on the being responsible/discipline part lol. Alot of parents ask me for advice on whether they should send their kid to a school like that. I don't know the right answer. I see Pros and cons to everything. If it was my kid though... I'd take a different approach. Out of control teens lol... they're almost impossible to work with. I'm considering getting sterilized asap... if I'm even producing any sperm anymore lol.

    Yeah man. I thought I was headed back to NY in april... but every day I think more and more how crazy that would be lol. I got it good right now. Away from the craziness of Patong, but only a short tuk tuk ride away

  26. #26
    Gaspaco's Avatar
    Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,086
    who were you in high school?-image-1525931175.jpg

  27. #27
    boz's Avatar
    boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    2,125
    Its still goes on to this day, its sad to see how we can all still label each other as stereotypes. What ever happend to being a free spirit, thinking for yourself, being who ever the hell u like.
    I guess back when i was in school, i was kinda bit of a sheep but also the class clown alot of the time, got caught up in smoking bongs, cigarettes etc than i got politely asked to change from my private school than went to a public school. When i arrived at that school, lets just say it went all down hill from there....

  28. #28
    RajaSultan's Avatar
    RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    i m 12 and wat is this?
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgr8 View Post
    like prep, emo, nerd, jock?
    emo+nerd ...

  29. #29
    freddie84's Avatar
    freddie84 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    79
    The kinda shy kid, who was a part of the popular clique .. Good times

    Sent from my iPhone

  30. #30
    C3RB3RUS is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    oblivion
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzetor View Post
    i was a huge faget in high school.
    hahahaha

    druggy idiot criminal thug on the bad side of the popular clique. I weighed about a buck45. i've been lucky because i've made some very bad choices, but luckily i'm a lucky M.F. -slippery

    out of my 6 close friends that i grew up with 3 are convicted felons, one is in prison for rape, ones is living in a halfway house for recovering addicts, one is in the looney bin, one lives in the country now. [i hear he does meth.] one thinks he is still in highschool, and the other is doing good with a fiancee. great guys huh. all of the male grandchildren [3] on my dads side of the family, except me, have been to prison for 3 or more years. it's in the B l o o d. The military didn't save me, but it made me better.
    Last edited by C3RB3RUS; 08-01-2013 at 12:01 AM.

  31. #31
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    15,888
    I was the captain of the puss y patrol
    C3RB3RUS and Flacco like this.
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

  32. #32
    C3RB3RUS is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    oblivion
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Whats a prep?


    I had alot of wog mates at school.
    what's a wog and what's a frock?

  33. #33
    C3RB3RUS is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    oblivion
    Posts
    466
    fukin' computer

  34. #34
    C3RB3RUS is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    oblivion
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by bdos900 View Post
    I was the drifter id annoy everyone at school and then move on when they got close to boiling point and even at work now im known as the a$$hole
    sounds shitty

  35. #35
    redhawk01's Avatar
    redhawk01 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFYJOEBOO

    what's a wog and what's a frock?
    A frock is a combo of freak( Mary Jane partakers) and a jock.

  36. #36
    FONZY007's Avatar
    FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    2,458
    Prep, stud... Womanizer....

  37. #37
    noon's Avatar
    noon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In hiding
    Posts
    1,271
    Middle of the road kid tried to stay out of trouble. Did well with sports . Not very big back the bout 126 .i enjoyed running and only lifted during wrestling season. Had the same girl most the way thru

  38. #38
    Xzandr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    99
    Valedictorian through middle school, then 10th grade Bs and Cs, 11th grage Cs and Ds, 12th grade permanently removed from all Maryland public schools. Sex, illegal substances, and rock and roll. 5 11 and barely a buck20. Been that way most of my life, just a major Fvkup. most of my friends are either dead or in prison. Arrested dozens of times but always weaseled my way out (not a rat) just a master manipulator with a high IQ. Lost everything to illegal substances and booze. Black sheep of the family (everyone is very religious, so talk about 25 years of defiance, LOL) Now I have a degree in Psychology, 2 kids, and rebuilding my body and my life, even started going to church. Go figure.

  39. #39
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzandr View Post
    Valedictorian through middle school, then 10th grade Bs and Cs, 11th grage Cs and Ds, 12th grade permanently removed from all Maryland public schools. Sex, illegal substances, and rock and roll. 5 11 and barely a buck20. Been that way most of my life, just a major Fvkup. most of my friends are either dead or in prison. Arrested dozens of times but always weaseled my way out (not a rat) just a master manipulator with a high IQ. Lost everything to illegal substances and booze. Black sheep of the family (everyone is very religious, so talk about 25 years of defiance, LOL) Now I have a degree in Psychology, 2 kids, and rebuilding my body and my life, even started going to church. Go figure.
    Now you know at least one of your kids is going to turn out just like you (as a teen) and nothing you say can convince them otherwise. Such as life.

  40. #40
    Xzandr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Now you know at least one of your kids is going to turn out just like you (as a teen) and nothing you say can convince them otherwise. Such as life.
    I certainly hope not. They weren't around when I was like that but at least I have the experience of being a fvkup and I am better prepared to deal with it than most people, especially my parents - they were clueless. I think people who have suffered a lot in their life are a lot more resilient and can handle stress and unfortunate circumstances much better than say - someone who cruised through life with no problems - then something happens and they just fall apart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •