Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries

Sitting is the new smoking..

Interesting read. What do you think? It makes sense from a 'body in motion' standpoint...

http://m.runnersworld.com/health/sit...en-for-runners

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    The theory generally sound right , the less you move the unhealthier is it but I think he takes it to the extreme.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Definitely to the extreme as it relates to life and death and overall longevity, but conceptually it makes a lot of sense. Still, I wonder if there is truth to it with respect to living longer by reducing the amount of time you sit and, if so, how much more time should you spend standing to increase your life.

Anyone want to test this out with me and see who kicks the bucket first? I call standing.

Xzandr is offline Junior Member
    There is no way to prove their hypothesis. Correlation does not = causation. They are not taking into account genetic traits, diseases, socioeconomic status, current health, medical history, and there is no way to prove a person could have lived longer when they are already dead. So splitting hairs is BS. Look at Stephen Hawking, since the 60's bound in a wheel chair and he just won't die, he's 71 for Gods sake and he can still drive circles around us.

Thread Information