Results 1 to 33 of 33
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Hazard
  • 1 Post By Hazard
  • 1 Post By Hazard
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By DSM4Life

Thread: How to get back into lifting and the bodybuilding lifestyle???

  1. #1
    skaz915 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513

    How to get back into lifting and the bodybuilding lifestyle???

    Stupid question I know. A little quick history, I was doing really good about 4 months ago. I started lifting really heavy and pushing myself as hard as I could and eating really good. I was seeing awesome results but one day I just got burned out and I can't get back into healthy eating and the motivation to get a good lift in. I've tried a week off and I just feel worse when I get back into the gym. I WANT to get back into it but I've been telling myself tomorrow, tomorrow next week I'll start eating better and get a good training routine back.

    EDIT: I've been lifting for 5 years, 1 1/2 years seriously

  2. #2
    Fllifter's Avatar
    Fllifter is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    435
    Just do it ! Try something new , get a new gym partner ect ..

  3. #3
    brazuka's Avatar
    brazuka is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    429
    We have all been there. Question is how bad do you want it? If your hungry for it you will start it back up and you will get back to where you want to be in time.

  4. #4
    Igifuno's Avatar
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Standing Above Weakness
    Posts
    15,931
    Blog Entries
    2
    You my want to get BW done to check your hormone levels. Everyday is a new day man, do what's best for your health and well being.

  5. #5
    skaz915 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513
    I think I have a lot of factors going against me, my parents are in the middle of a messy divorce, someone close to me was about to commit suicide and luckily I found them and stopped them before they did anything, my girlfriends mom is sick. I understand family comes first but I'm thinking I just have too much on my mind. I want the lifestyle back bad but I just can't get on a good routine. I'll have an awesome workout but eat junk food (mostly sugary foods) all day or else I'll eat good but have a crappy workout, it seems that I can't get the two together for a few days. If I could just get a good week in I'd be back on track I know it

  6. #6
    Fcastle357's Avatar
    Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    Do you drink alot?

  7. #7
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,386
    Skaz what you do is you get up at 5am today and get your ass over to the gym and you just thundergun it. No hesitation, no surrender!

  8. #8
    skaz915 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by Fcastle357 View Post
    Do you drink alot?
    I wasn't drinking at all for awhile and about 1 1/2 months ago I started slowly. I would say 3-4 drinks/week. More now because of hunting season. My family does have a history of alcohol "abuse", not medically diagnosed but I would say my dads side of the family drinks more than normal

  9. #9
    Fcastle357's Avatar
    Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by skaz915 View Post

    I wasn't drinking at all for awhile and about 1 1/2 months ago I started slowly. I would say 3-4 drinks/week. More now because of hunting season. My family does have a history of alcohol "abuse", not medically diagnosed but I would say my dads side of the family drinks more than normal
    Three to four a week isn't bad. A night maybe depending on the drink. Just thought with the sugary foods and low energy and all the stuff going on in your life.

  10. #10
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong
    Skaz what you do is you get up at 5am today and get your ass over to the gym and you just thundergun it. No hesitation, no surrender!
    I've not read all comments and I hardly read all of the op's first post but I agree with this 100%

    Just get the fvck up and go. Can't be anymore blunt. You either want to doit or you don't. You'll never make progress at home.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  11. #11
    Fcastle357's Avatar
    Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

    I've not read all comments and I hardly read all of the op's first post but I agree with this 100%

    Just get the fvck up and go. Can't be anymore blunt. You either want to doit or you don't. You'll never make progress at home.
    Your right hazard but will power can be a bitch especial with outside factors. Telling yourself to go to the gym or don't eat that doughnut is ten times harder when your troubled by other things. However with all that you said getting your diet in order and working out is gonna make you feel better. Gotta start somewhere.

  12. #12
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Fcastle357

    Your right hazard but will power can be a bitch especial with outside factors. Telling yourself to go to the gym or don't eat that doughnut is ten times harder when your troubled by other things. However with all that you said getting your diet in order and working out is gonna make you feel better. Gotta start somewhere.
    I know first hand. Took a year off aas and lifting to raise a daughter while going through a divorce and lost my job. Also..... Every family member I had in this state has moved far enough away that I hardly ever see them except for holidays.

    One day I got my ass back in the gym because feeling sorry for yourself sucks. Plain an simple.
    skaz915 and evander87 like this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  13. #13
    skaz915 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by Fcastle357 View Post
    Your right hazard but will power can be a bitch especial with outside factors. Telling yourself to go to the gym or don't eat that doughnut is ten times harder when your troubled by other things. However with all that you said getting your diet in order and working out is gonna make you feel better. Gotta start somewhere.
    I'm at the gym 4-5 days a week, I just need to use my time there better. I've been "fooling" myself lately. I pull the, "well this has say 30 grams of sugar but it has 10 grams of protein so its not that bad." Most of my crappy eating is at night after I get home from the gym.



    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I've not read all comments and I hardly read all of the op's first post but I agree with this 100%

    Just get the fvck up and go. Can't be anymore blunt. You either want to doit or you don't. You'll never make progress at home.
    I have no problem getting to the gym but once I get there I'll cut my sets short ex. 3 instead of 5 or I'll do lighter sets so they aren't as hard.

  14. #14
    Fcastle357's Avatar
    Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

    I know first hand. Took a year off aas and lifting to raise a daughter while going through a divorce and lost my job. Also..... Every family member I had in this state has moved far enough away that I hardly ever see them except for holidays.

    One day I got my ass back in the gym because feeling sorry for yourself sucks. Plain an simple.
    How did you get yourself mentally prepaid to do it. I think that would be helpful to the op. Did you plan it out or just wake up and go in. I'm guessing its something you wanted to do for some time before you went back?

  15. #15
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    You need to get into the thread titled "Marcus' diary" - find it and read it from page one. You want inspiration? You'll find it there. It's a lot of reading but contains more information about making progress in this sport than any 10 threads here combined
    Honkey_Kong likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  16. #16
    Fcastle357's Avatar
    Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You need to get into the thread titled "Marcus' diary" - find it and read it from page one. You want inspiration? You'll find it there. It's a lot of reading but contains more information about making progress in this sport than any 10 threads here combined
    Not sure he's ready for Marcus training but it is a great read and very inspirational.

  17. #17
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Fcastle357

    How did you get yourself mentally prepaid to do it. I think that would be helpful to the op. Did you plan it out or just wake up and go in. I'm guessing its something you wanted to do for some time before you went back?
    That's exactly it..... I was happy with my physique prior to all this but I was never content. I knew I could push further. I met someone who put me first while I put her second to my daughter. I was dying on the inside..... I needed to lift. Money was and still is tight but I find a way to pay my gym membership.

    You can take my job, you can take my cable, you can even take my house if you want...... But you'll never take my body from me.

    I love this shit man...... I really do. I'm not gunna be on the Olympia stage..... I'm just dying to compete once. It's the feeling I get when I'm working out. It makes me feel good. That's all the motivation I need.
    evander87 likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  18. #18
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    I still don't know what one day will bring to the next. I'm just done complaining about it. I've got my own family and love em to death. It's all I really need
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  19. #19
    Fcastle357's Avatar
    Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    The more I read your responses op the more it sounds like your just lazy. You get to the gym and don't try hard, you know what to eat. Know one is gonna push you but you. I prefer more weak people in the world myself. Makes me look better

  20. #20
    Fcastle357's Avatar
    Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I still don't know what one day will bring to the next. I'm just done complaining about it. I've got my own family and love em to death. It's all I really need
    That's what it's all about.

  21. #21
    skaz915 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You need to get into the thread titled "Marcus' diary" - find it and read it from page one. You want inspiration? You'll find it there. It's a lot of reading but contains more information about making progress in this sport than any 10 threads here combined
    Found it, It'll take a little bit but I'll read through it

  22. #22
    Fcastle357's Avatar
    Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by skaz915 View Post

    Found it, It'll take a little bit but I'll read through it
    Don't rush it and you don't have to be a perfectionist. Baby steps. If you fvck up your diet keep going if you have a sh!tty lift day keep going. Consistency will get you results even if its not perfect all the time.

  23. #23
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by skaz915

    Found it, It'll take a little bit but I'll read through it
    You really won't be ready for that style of training. But you can use the ideology as a basis for ur workouts. Listen to the ideas thrown back and forth - the advice given - apply what you can and get urself goin in the right direction.

    I think it's important to have a good training routine..... You get that going and you "feel" like your making progress..... Then you square off that diet and your whole world changes. You'll SEE results. Guaranteed
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  24. #24
    skaz915 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by Fcastle357 View Post
    Don't rush it and you don't have to be a perfectionist. Baby steps. If you fvck up your diet keep going if you have a sh!tty lift day keep going. Consistency will get you results even if its not perfect all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You really won't be ready for that style of training. But you can use the ideology as a basis for ur workouts. Listen to the ideas thrown back and forth - the advice given - apply what you can and get urself goin in the right direction.

    I think it's important to have a good training routine..... You get that going and you "feel" like your making progress..... Then you square off that diet and your whole world changes. You'll SEE results. Guaranteed
    Thanks guys, I really really do appreciate all of the advice and suggestions. I had my diet nailed to a tee. I know exactly what I need to eat. I was on my way to the top and seeing awesome results but I just can't seem to turn all of this negative energy around into motivation for myself. I'll be hunting this weekend so that means beer and crappy diet but come monday I'm going to try and copy what I was doing 3-4 months ago. I was feeling awesome then, like I was on top of the world so there is no reason it shouldn't work now. This might sound dumb but I'm going to try and put some fresh songs on my ipod and create a new workout playlist.

  25. #25
    Igifuno's Avatar
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Standing Above Weakness
    Posts
    15,931
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    You need to get into the thread titled "Marcus' diary" - find it and read it from page one. You want inspiration? You'll find it there. It's a lot of reading but contains more information about making progress in this sport than any 10 threads here combined
    ^^^ this

  26. #26
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I've not read all comments and I hardly read all of the op's first post but I agree with this 100%

    Just get the fvck up and go. Can't be anymore blunt. You either want to doit or you don't. You'll never make progress at home.
    Yeah, a lot of these out-of-shape fat ****s think it's some kind of magic trick. There is no secret, it's just hard work. They can start just by going and lifting hard regularly.
    Euroholic likes this.

  27. #27
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Pick things up and put them down.
    Euroholic likes this.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. William Arthur Ward

  28. #28
    diesel101's Avatar
    diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    upper midwest
    Posts
    4,306
    You cun dooo it!

  29. #29
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819

  30. #30
    skaz915 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Yeah, a lot of these out-of-shape fat ****s think it's some kind of magic trick. There is no secret, it's just hard work. They can start just by going and lifting hard regularly.
    Was this comment directed at me??? I understand it is very hard work and requires a lot of dedication, I was there once, well on my way there. I am just having a tough time right focusing and I thought maybe someone would be able to share some little tricks they may haved used to over come this.

  31. #31
    skaz915 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513
    Just thought I'd update you guys, If anyone cares, I've been doing pretty good so far this week as far as diet and motivation go. I'm about 1/4 of the way through marcus diary. Definitely a good read. Thanks again for all the input and advice

  32. #32
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by skaz915
    Just thought I'd update you guys, If anyone cares, I've been doing pretty good so far this week as far as diet and motivation go. I'm about 1/4 of the way through marcus diary. Definitely a good read. Thanks again for all the input and advice
    Glad to hear..... Keep us updated on your progress and stay focused.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  33. #33
    Fcastle357's Avatar
    Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,259
    Keep going. Keep posting it will keep you motivated and will help others if you can push through. Nice.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •