Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: It's Official...Kansas City Has The Loudest Stadium In The NFL :)

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

It's Official...Kansas City Has The Loudest Stadium In The NFL :)

Yep read it and weep all....lol Oh and once again thank you TR....

Arrowhead Stadium breaks record for noise level
    Posted: Oct 13, 2013 5:26 PM CST Updated: Oct 13, 2013 8:57 PM CST

(AP Photo/Ed Zurga). Kansas City Chiefs fans cheer while setting a world record as the loudest stadium crowd during the second half of an NFL football game against the Oakland Raiders at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo., Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013. (AP Photo/Ed Zurga). Kansas City Chiefs fans cheer while setting a world record as the loudest stadium crowd during the second half of an NFL football game against the Oakland Raiders at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo., Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013.

By DAVE SKRETTA
    AP Sports Writer

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Arrowhead Stadium is once again the loudest stadium in the NFL.

This time, it's official.

The Kansas City Chiefs fans broke the world record for an outdoor sports stadium in their 24-7 win over Oakland on Sunday when they reached 137.5 decibels in the closing minutes.

An official from Guinness World Records told The Associated Press that Chiefs fans broke the record of 136.6 set by Seahawks fans during a game against San Francisco earlier this year.

To put that in perspective, a jet engine at 100 feet is about 140 decibels.

"I had people who'd been coming to Chiefs games for decades come up to me and say, 'I've never heard it that loud,'" said Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt, whose family's franchise has long claimed that Arrowhead Stadium is the loudest in the league. "It's very difficult for a team to play in that."

That may be an understatement.

The Raiders struggled with the reverberating sound all afternoon, and were whistled for 11 penalties - several of them were false starts and for delay of game, simply because nobody in the visiting huddle could hear each other talking.

"It was a tough environment," Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor acknowledged.

The record-setting attempt was planned by Chiefs fans but had support of the organization, which paid $7,500 to fly an adjudicator from Guinness to Kansas City to document the effort. It turned out to be Philip Robertson, who also was on hand when the Seahawks set their mark.

"They destroyed any Premier League hopes of attaining this record, I can tell you that, and I'm a Brit that loves the Premier League," Robertson said. "It was extraordinary."

Robertson said that the sustained level of noise inside Arrowhead Stadium was greater than at CenturyLink Field, when Seattle set the record. But all that matters for the record books is the peak volume, and it appeared as if the Chiefs were going to come up short as the game wound down.

"In the fourth quarter, they got to 135.4, and that's where we thought they were going to finish," Robertson said. "Heads dropped, but then the fans really started working together."

The result was a record-setting din that shook the stadium's press box.

"We were really trying hard to get our calls to each other on defense. It was really tough," Chiefs safety Eric Berry said. "I had to actually go up to some of my teammates and yell in their ear what the calls were. But we love it, man. That's a great feeling."

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he felt the ground shaking, and quarterback Alex Smith said he had a hard time communicating with teammates on the sideline when the crowd was at its peak.

Always when the Raiders had the ball, of course.

"The way the crowd was going, that was tough," Smith said. "I was sitting there on the sideline, and I could tell, it was hard environment to execute in."

Did he feel just a little sorry for Pryor trying to make his calls?

"Not at all. I've had my fair share of those," Smith said with a smile. "But I don't know if I've seen anything like that. That was pretty special."

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    They got all those fans cheering and they still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    They got all those fans cheering and they still suck.
    Wait a SIX and O record and they suck? I'll take that...Sounds like someone is a lil JELLY...
    Last edited by Shol'va; 10-14-2013 at 05:29 PM.

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    Andy Reid and Alex Smith got it goin on in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Wait a SIX and O record and they suck? I'll take that...Sounds like someone is a lil JELLY...
    Yeah, they've so far had one of the easiest schedules in the league. They won't be undefeated when they play the Broncos.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

Yeah, they've so far had one of the easiest schedules in the league. They won't be undefeated when they play the Broncos.
    Ur prediction history isn't too great buddy ;-)
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nope, not if you calculate by # of people vs DB. Seattle still beat them by quite a bit.
    Seattle = 0.0020567333172729 per fan
    Chiefs = 0.0018002774288107 per fan

The seating capacity of 76,416 at Arrowhead Stadium, the fifth-largest in the NFL, also means that there will be nearly 10,000 more seating capacity than Seahawks.
    Seattle is set to add another 7,000 to 8,000 more seats next year and we can try again.

There is a HUGE difference between what Chiefs fans did and what the Seahawks fans did. In Seattle it was a continuous loud noise that broke the record twice and affected the game throughout. At Arrowhead, the fans were relatively quiet the whole game and then at the end they got loud.

Just sayn.
    evander87 likes this.

Fcastle357 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Nope, not if you calculate by # of people vs DB. Seattle still beat them by quite a bit.
    Seattle = 0.0020567333172729 per fan
    Chiefs = 0.0018002774288107 per fan

The seating capacity of 76,416 at Arrowhead Stadium, the fifth-largest in the NFL, also means that there will be nearly 10,000 more seating capacity than Seahawks.
    Seattle is set to add another 7,000 to 8,000 more seats next year and we can try again.

There is a HUGE difference between what Chiefs fans did and what the Seahawks fans did. In Seattle it was a continuous loud noise that broke the record twice and affected the game throughout. At Arrowhead, the fans were relatively quiet the whole game and then at the end they got loud.

Just sayn.
    Sour grapes just sayn and I don't like either team.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fcastle357 View Post
    Sour grapes just sayn and I don't like either team.
    LOL, no sour grapes. Actually I have not watched one game this year and maybe only 1 or 2 last. Not a big sports fan. Only reporting the statistics so it's apples to apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Ur prediction history isn't too great buddy ;-)
    I'm pretty good at judging teams except The Giants in the playoffs. But they're an entirely different team then.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    LOL, no sour grapes. Actually I have not watched one game this year and maybe only 1 or 2 last. Not a big sports fan. Only reporting the statistics so it's apples to apples.

Utt Ohh would you please pass the Jelly?

Chiefs now 7-0. How are your Raiders Doing TR?

Thread Information