Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Great News For Bald Men And Women......

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

Great News For Bald Men And Women......

Researchers successfully grow hair on bald mouse: Humans next?

Scientists were able to successfully transplant human and mouse hair follicle cells and have them produce normal hair growth cycles.

(CBS News) Great news for bald men men and women: Scientists in Japan have successfully regrown hair on a bald mouse.

New cause for male pattern baldness discovered: Is cure next?
    PICTURES: Hey, Baldy: 10 Things You Need to Know about Hair Loss
    PICTURES: Hair loss in women: Top 7 risk factors revealed

Even though the technological advancement only happened on a rodent, this new development may mean that humans could look forward to a hair-filled future.

Not only were Japanese scientists able to regrow hair in the study, which was published April 17 in Nature Communications, but they were able to manipulate the density and color of the locks.

"Our study provides a substantial contribution to the development of bioengineering technologies that will enable future regenerative therapy for hair loss caused by injury or by diseases such as alopecia and androgenic alopecia," researchers wrote in the study.

Researchers cultivated two different kinds of mice hair follicles and transplanted them on a mouse. Three weeks later, 74 percent of the hair follicles had grown into black hair. When human hair follicles cells were transplanted, human hair grew. The hair continued to regenerate after it fell out due to normal growth cycles.

Hair loss is a very common problem in both men and women. By 35, two-thirds of American men will experience some sort of noticeable hair loss, according to the American Hair Loss Association. At 50, 85 percent of men will have significantly thinning hair. Thought typically considered to be a male disease, 40 percent of women make up hair loss sufferers. The disease is not life-threatening, but it can cause many emotional problems because of the physical changes.

While researchers believe that this method won't be able to cure premature baldness, it may give people a chance to relive their hairy youth and consider themselves lucky.

To see what the mice looked like with their new hair, check out the video below from Research SEA:

After some local bald men were told of this discovery they broke out into a chorus of song....

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i thought they already could do that?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    i thought they already could do that?
    This was just broadcast tonight on the CBS Evening news so I just assumed it was new news but who knows. I'm ready to start growing some hair though.. I'm only at about 94 percent full and slowly losing it. Seem like those cycles don't like my hair. I'm still waiting on results from cancer82 to see if it's worth transplanting or not. I hate dishing out a ton of moolah only to not have it work. But I'm also hoping for more break throughs in science on hair growth for us all. Makes me wonder if there were a reversible cure for men I wonder how many bald men would go ahead and let their hair grow back if they were able to get a full head of hair back.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    You bald op?

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    This was just broadcast tonight on the CBS Evening news so I just assumed it was new news but who knows. I'm ready to start growing some hair though.. I'm only at about 94 percent full and slowly losing it. Seem like those cycles don't like my hair. I'm still waiting on results from cancer82 to see if it's worth transplanting or not. I hate dishing out a ton of moolah only to not have it work. But I'm also hoping for more break throughs in science on hair growth for us all. Makes me wonder if there were a reversible cure for men I wonder how many bald men would go ahead and let their hair grow back if they were able to get a full head of hair back.
    It all depends on the cost of the cure. Personally, I think for the price, you can't beat a hat.
    lovbyts likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have been saying for the last 10 years I will wait until they can clone hair. I may not have to wait to much longer or at least until it become more main stream and the price comes down.

Thread Information