Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: gsp vs hendricks

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member

gsp vs hendricks

Can't believe i don't see this thread already. ...

I got gsp ftw and I believe he will be changing his style and putting on the pressure, actually finishing the fight before the final bell

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Come on Johnny! Probably won't happen, but I like that dude. GSP is too much of an athlete. He can get caught tho, and Hendricks is a 1 punch kind of guy.

capetown is offline Senior Member
    I hope you are right. Cant bear to watch one more boring GSP fight.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Come on Johnny! Probably won't happen, but I like that dude. GSP is too much of an athlete. He can get caught tho, and Hendricks is a 1 punch kind of guy.
    I don't doubt thr possiblity but I just feel gsp is to experienced for that type of upset and he is not the type to get cocky like some other great fighters *cough*silva*cough* and has probably been training to derail that big left. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by capetown View Post
    I hope you are right. Cant bear to watch one more boring GSP fight.
    ^^^I agree but if he got careless or more wild and lost, everyone would bash him for it. This sport is all to full of critiques and analists dying to fulfil their preminitions and synopses .... again, like the silva wideman experience

He defintley won't pull a stupid move like Silva, but he can get caught. Hendricks hits like a truck.

He defintley won't pull a stupid move like Silva, but he can get caught. Hendricks hits like a truck.
    Everyone who comes up against the champs has a chance that's why they're there however when you're as good as GSP is gonna take a lot to bring him down

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I will take gsp as well he just does to good of a job scouting his opponent and never goes into a fight without a game plan

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Id like to see a changing of the guard. But I think gsp will box him for 5 rounds.

Matt Serra

Matt Serra
    Once...then what happened

Yeah, but anyone can get caught. Im with you GSP is a badass, and will likely be the victor.

I would love to have his drive and mentality.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Hendricks all the way....I feel if GSP cant take him down ...its over...

and in order to take him down he has to get close which is the one things he needs to not do

Quote Originally Posted by AshopRep
    Id like to see a changing of the guard. But I think gsp will box him for 5 rounds.
    i really doubt gsp is going to box with a competitor that is heavy handed. Watch for gsp to close the distance, go for take downs and out point his opponent. I haven't seen a welterweight yet he couldn't take down

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    When is this fight?
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    When is this fight?
    Saturday

Megalodon6 is offline Member
    Gotta go with gsp

Hahaha my boss was calling him GPS today lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon6
    Hahaha my boss was calling him GPS today lolz
    Lmfao

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Lmfao
    Yupp he's a strange cat lol

So that gsp hendricks fight........

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hendricks should get a rematch If GSP doesn't retire.

And rory McDonald looked like an idiot.
    Props to Robbie lawler for owning this Tard.
    BG likes this.

DB1982 is offline Member
    I'm a huge GSP fan. But I bigger fight fan n Hendricks was robbed plans n simple.
    These boxing judges need to go.

Rory looked horrible

Quote Originally Posted by DB1982 View Post
    I'm a huge GSP fan. But I bigger fight fan n Hendricks was robbed plans n simple.
    These boxing judges need to go.

Rory looked horrible
    Yea I was definitely surprised with the decision but its one of those things where wher someone defends their title soooo many times its hard to take it away in decision. Both fighers surprised me in the main event and I think we will see hendricks demand a rematch and gsp look to permanently retire

Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck<

Yea I was definitely surprised with the decision but its one of those things where wher someone defends their title soooo many times its hard to take it away in decision. Both fighers surprised me in the main event and I think we will see hendricks demand a rematch and gsp look to permanently retire
    Publicity..... Gsp will retire and Hendricks will demand a rematch. It'll be heavily promoted and make then a shit ton of money

- Knockout_Power

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Gap would not make it 5 rounds in a rematch Hendricks would ko him fast. Gsp got smoked in that fight and deep down he knows it. A rematch is the last tho g gsp wants.
    Brett N likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Gap would not make it 5 rounds in a rematch Hendricks would ko him fast. Gsp got smoked in that fight and deep down he knows it. A rematch is the last tho g gsp wants.
    I wouldn't be so fast to say that. In every rematch i have seen GSP in he comes in and dominates his opponent. I am not a big GSP fan just saying what i have seen. GSP didnt look like his normal self so obliviously whatever is going on outside of the octagon in my opinion effecting his performance in the ring

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^ true but remember GSP was out for a year with injuries and he's getting old, history has proved over and over again with champion fighters that this will be the beginning of the end for GSP. I hope he takes his title and retires with some dignity, he deserves it regardless of what the money mongers say, the man is a class act and I would love to see him retire on top instead of coming back and making a fool of himself like most of his peers have done, I hate it when champions don't know when to quit and they end up getting their asses kicked by all the up and coming young fighters, it's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    ^^^ true but remember GSP was out for a year with injuries and he's getting old, history has proved over and over again with champion fighters that this will be the beginning of the end for GSP. I hope he takes his title and retires with some dignity, he deserves it regardless of what the money mongers say, the man is a class act and I would love to see him retire on top instead of coming back and making a fool of himself like most of his peers have done, I hate it when champions don't know when to quit and they end up getting their asses kicked by all the up and coming young fighters, it's sad.
    Just remember he took the time off for the injury and came back to destroy his opponents Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz. I am with you though i hope he just retires and we can see some new people on top. GSP has been a great Champ but most of his fights are pretty boring and one dimensional. He never goes in to a fight with intentions of taking any risks!

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    I wouldn't be so fast to say that. In every rematch i have seen GSP in he comes in and dominates his opponent. I am not a big GSP fan just saying what i have seen. GSP didnt look like his normal self so obliviously whatever is going on outside of the octagon in my opinion effecting his performance in the ring
    Pretty much. he always does better in rematches I thought.

The difference was that GSP took a brutal beating in this fight though

Quote Originally Posted by redz
    The difference was that GSP took a brutal beating in this fight though
    dont you remember bj penn putting a beating on gsp for gsp to come back in win a close decision? Gsp looked a lot worse off in that fight.i believe they ended up even on take downs and neither one did any damage or could hold each other down. So the scoring came down to strikes landed

I think he quit knowing he wants no part of a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I think he quit knowing he wants no part of a rematch.
    Probably will be interesting to see here real soon what happens with the welterweight title?

I have to say its pretty annoying that everyone expects fighters to "take risks" when defending their titles etc. What sense would it make to be taking risks when you are defending a title? Maybe take risks when trying to take the title, but defending? And not just his first defense, but the 9th straight?! Gsp has more 5 round fights than any other ufc fighter and has won time and time again. There comes a point when the fans should expect a fighter to retire and appreciate the skill it takes to go as far as they have in such an intense and brutal sport. It would seem that the only acceptable way for a grand champ to retire is to keep going until someone finally pounds their head in.... these guys fighting champion are all top notch fighters and nobody can maintain the top spot forever, but I don't think he needs to lose. He has proved himself- Considering gsp now holds the most minutes in the octagon, the most wins in the ufc as a champion - AND the title by decision, I feel he should be able to retire with the support of his fans. He came, he fought, he won....let him leave. Hendricks knocked him, sure. But he couldn't finish him, gsp NEVER backed down and continued attacking at all times, gsp took down hendricks more than once and landed many significant strikes, head kicks and leg kicks. I saw a fight with many points scored for both fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    I have to say its pretty annoying that everyone expects fighters to "take risks" when defending their titles etc. What sense would it make to be taking risks when you are defending a title? Maybe take risks when trying to take the title, but defending? And not just his first defense, but the 9th straight?! Gsp has more 5 round fights than any other ufc fighter and has won time and time again. There comes a point when the fans should expect a fighter to retire and appreciate the skill it takes to go as far as they have in such an intense and brutal sport. It would seem that the only acceptable way for a grand champ to retire is to keep going until someone finally pounds their head in.... these guys fighting champion are all top notch fighters and nobody can maintain the top spot forever, but I don't think he needs to lose. He has proved himself- Considering gsp now holds the most minutes in the octagon, the most wins in the ufc as a champion - AND the title by decision, I feel he should be able to retire with the support of his fans. He came, he fought, he won....let him leave. Hendricks knocked him, sure. But he couldn't finish him, gsp NEVER backed down and continued attacking at all times, gsp took down hendricks more than once and landed many significant strikes, head kicks and leg kicks. I saw a fight with many points scored for both fighters.
    My point exactly had they given the decision to Hendricks that would have been a debacle! Its always tough when one of the fighters lose a very close fight.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    GSP has gone 5 rounds more than any other fighter because he does not finish fights. He lost this fight, he knew it...the crowd knew it and so did the announcers.

The decision made me vomit a little in my mouth, how can the judges make such bad decisions. There needs to be better training for them to specialize in just MMA..not fights in general. These judges would make the wrong decision in a WWE fight I think.

Dana white totally called out the Nevada athletic commission. He was pissed and didn't hold back

- Knockout_Power

Bert is offline Senior Member
    This fight was a travesty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information