Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ok, so we talked coffee, how about sugar?

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Ok, so we talked coffee, how about sugar?

Recently, I've got real bad with sugar. Like some mentioned in the coffee thread, I was 4-5 tea's a day with sugar and milk.........I was hooked. But I started crashing or just being so up and down all day long I gave them up. So I couldnt go cold turkey so I ended up drinking a can of soda, half with my 10 tuna and the other half with my lunch. But having the soda in the house it turned to with dinner a few times a week.....or more . Now finally I added some chocolate after dinner, Im hooked on the Ghirardelli dark chocolate/carmel with sea salt bars. Ive cut them down, actually didnt buy any this week but I cant stop the soda.

For you guys that said you cut it out, or have in the past, how did you do it? Did you replace it? I feel like crap without it and now I feign for it.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Recently, I've got real bad with sugar. Like some mentioned in the coffee thread, I was 4-5 tea's a day with sugar and milk.........I was hooked. But I started crashing or just being so up and down all day long I gave them up. So I couldnt go cold turkey so I ended up drinking a can of soda, half with my 10 tuna and the other half with my lunch. But having the soda in the house it turned to with dinner a few times a week.....or more . Now finally I added some chocolate after dinner, Im hooked on the Ghirardelli dark chocolate/carmel with sea salt bars. Ive cut them down, actually didnt buy any this week but I cant stop the soda.

For you guys that said you cut it out, or have in the past, how did you do it? Did you replace it? I feel like crap without it and now I feign for it.
    I'm a chocolate whore.... Always have been, always will be. I have family in Belgium send me chocolate from Leonidas (the chocolatier) lmao. I don't really get "hooked" per se..... I can always drop it, I can drop soda too without any ill effects.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Leonidas is nice all right, personally I can take or leave most things. I think a lot of it is from being idle and ending up eating for the sake of it. I know I was bad with brown bread butter and jam. Just stopped buying then the eatting stopped was half craving them for a few days but then went away you just have to be strong its a challenge sometimes.

But it can be done, I used be going out drinking a lot but basically stopped maybe twice a year tops I have no interest in it now.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Caffine and sugar kind of always went hand in hand for me, until I started drinking black coffee. Never had an issue kicking sugar, more caffine. But I would imagine that some of the same effects would happen coming off cold turkey, like feeling drained or maybe headaches.

If you continue with the caffine and just drop the sugar, do you think that would help?

DCI
    My old man managed it, just puts a dash of cold water in it to cool it down

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you tried Crystal Lite? It's not bad tasting and a whole lot better than sodas.

First thing out of bed every morning I have 2 scoops Cyto Gainer with 8oz whole milk and a glass of Simply Orange orange juice. It's like religion, cant start the day with out that combo and lately I have been adding a packet of Emergency vitamin C with my oj just because it's cold season. Let the dog out then a cup of oatmeal 6 boiled eggs (5 whites 1 whole) plus a banana. Literally every morning lol and I would flip if anything was missing so I think I am totally addicted to that breakfast. I fix 2 cups of plain old Folgers and use either Sugar in the Raw or regular sugar with a splash of Caramel coffeemate, have a cup while I get ready for work and a cup on the drive in.

Sorry didn't mean to highjack the thread with my breakfast but what I was getting too was mentally I am totally addicted to that exact combo, if one thing is off my whole day is screwed, so I can relate to feeling like your addicted though I believe mine is mental and of course yours is to the caffeine.

Blog Entries
    I know all about those morning routines.. I work from home alot so I get access to my own kitchen. I also travel a lot and I have to switch up my routine to shakes and bars and maybe a bagel and bananna for breakfast.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    I know all about those morning routines.. I work from home alot so I get access to my own kitchen. I also travel a lot and I have to switch up my routine to shakes and bars and maybe a bagel and bananna for breakfast.
    I can swap the oatmeal for a blueberry bagel, blueberry bagels are the shit lol.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    what daddydbol said...

when I first startin trying to lose weight 6yrs or so ago...the first thing I dis was cut soda...I used crystal light packs(or the equivalent) and mixed with water...I did that for a little more than a year....

Blog Entries
    Good bagels though.. the hotel ones are usually awful. I always scope out a grocery store or bakery. Love me a good bagel.
    DADDYDBOL likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Never have been much on sugar. My mother raised me pretty much anti-sugar. She generally sweetened tea with saccharin (I know, but she meant well and there wasn't much info against way back then).
    My wife's family are sugar-holics. I've converted her over to run off of stevia and Splenda and she doesn't really miss sugar anymore....
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    I love it, but have good self control. I love sweets, chocolate, pies, ice cream, pastries.. Love all that stuff with a passion. If I didn't train I would be obese.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    Good bagels though.. the hotel ones are usually awful. I always scope out a grocery store or bakery. Love me a good bagel.
    Brother....... I have a bagel shop in town that has the BEST bagels. I know..... I live in jersey lol. I've taken these bagels all over the state to friends and coworkers without mentioning how good they are. Every single person says they're the best bagels they've ever had. When you come up ill treat you to a hangover bagel breakfast hahaha
    songdog likes this.

- Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Brother....... I have a bagel shop in town that has the BEST bagels. I know..... I live in jersey lol. I've taken these bagels all over the state to friends and coworkers without mentioning how good they are. Every single person says they're the best bagels they've ever had. When you come up ill treat you to a hangover bagel breakfast hahaha
    Look forward to that.. when I wasn doing work up there.. Jersey had the best diners, delis, and bakerys.. I'm convinced its the best in the country..

Diners have great steaks and they never tell you no. Down here, you can order something and they'll say its not on the menu. I can walk into a diner in NJ, and order a bowl of oats, 8 eggs, a banana and they'll bring it.

Delis, omg.. never had sandwiches like in NJ. The bread is just like no where else. Lots of meat and they're like $6 bucks lol..

Bakerys - you've got to see it to believe it. Any and every pastry you could imagine. If you get a good one and someone working there sees you looking at something, they'll give you a sample without even asking..

Definitely miss those things

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Look forward to that.. when I wasn doing work up there.. Jersey had the best diners, delis, and bakerys.. I'm convinced its the best in the country..

Diners have great steaks and they never tell you no. Down here, you can order something and they'll say its not on the menu. I can walk into a diner in NJ, and order a bowl of oats, 8 eggs, a banana and they'll bring it.

Delis, omg.. never had sandwiches like in NJ. The bread is just like no where else. Lots of meat and they're like $6 bucks lol..

Bakerys - you've got to see it to believe it. Any and every pastry you could imagine. If you get a good one and someone working there sees you looking at something, they'll give you a sample without even asking..

I'd kill for a pork roll, egg and cheese from a diner right now
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

I have them at my finger tips..... Could have one any time of any day..... I just don't :-(

Those things taste like heaven...... I'd love to eat one every day lol. I did when I was 18/19...... Can't anymore.

- Knockout_Power

Of coarse..... We call them "Taylor ham, egg, n cheese here ;-)

- Knockout_Power

Lol ok then..... The best bagels in NJ an then we're off to two bakeries. One is very well known in the area and then the other is even more well known. The owner was on a food network competition.

After we rest from the bagels and pastries - ill take you to an Italian deli here that makes a KILLER sausage roll...... Then we'll have a beer an watch the Yankees beat the Red Sox......

Fvcking win
    Euroholic likes this.

- Knockout_Power

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I have always been a Pepsi man.I use too have a case under my bed as a teenager.Now I drink diet but still sometimes I might drink 3 liters.So I don't keep too much around the house.

DCI
    Seems like I'm off to NJ for my next trip to the america

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI
    Seems like I'm off to NJ for my next trip to the america
    You won't be disappointed.
    DCI likes this.

Blog Entries
    Wait, what is this.? Not familiar.

DCI
    You won't be disappointed.
    Food was only ok in TX when I was there, Lv was better and san diego was ok

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Lol ok then..... The best bagels in NJ an then we're off to two bakeries. One is very well known in the area and then the other is even more well known. The owner was on a food network competition.

After we rest from the bagels and pastries - ill take you to an Italian deli here that makes a KILLER sausage roll...... Then we'll have a beer an watch the Yankees beat the Red Sox......

Fvcking win

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	147453
    Last edited by Euroholic; 01-04-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Wait, what is this.? Not familiar.
    only the best diner sandwich ever invented

Blog Entries
    only the best diner sandwich ever invented
    I've missed out.. On the bucket list.

BG
    I'm a chocolate whore.... Always have been, always will be. I have family in Belgium send me chocolate from Leonidas (the chocolatier) lmao. I don't really get "hooked" per se..... I can always drop it, I can drop soda too without any ill effects.
    Its after dinner, I love to have some chocolate, mixed with some peanut butter.....ummmmmmm.

Caffine and sugar kind of always went hand in hand for me, until I started drinking black coffee. Never had an issue kicking sugar, more caffine. But I would imagine that some of the same effects would happen coming off cold turkey, like feeling drained or maybe headaches.

If you continue with the caffine and just drop the sugar, do you think that would help?
    Thats what I was thinking, drop the sugar and then work on the caffeine. I did it for 4 weeks when I was hurt and not training, I dropped a belt size, I was shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL View Post
    Have you tried Crystal Lite? It's not bad tasting and a whole lot better than sodas.

First thing out of bed every morning I have 2 scoops Cyto Gainer with 8oz whole milk and a glass of Simply Orange orange juice. It's like religion, cant start the day with out that combo and lately I have been adding a packet of Emergency vitamin C with my oj just because it's cold season. Let the dog out then a cup of oatmeal 6 boiled eggs (5 whites 1 whole) plus a banana. Literally every morning lol and I would flip if anything was missing so I think I am totally addicted to that breakfast. I fix 2 cups of plain old Folgers and use either Sugar in the Raw or regular sugar with a splash of Caramel coffeemate, have a cup while I get ready for work and a cup on the drive in.

Sorry didn't mean to highjack the thread with my breakfast but what I was getting too was mentally I am totally addicted to that exact combo, if one thing is off my whole day is screwed, so I can relate to feeling like your addicted though I believe mine is mental and of course yours is to the caffeine.
    Arent they bad for you, thought I read something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Never have been much on sugar. My mother raised me pretty much anti-sugar. She generally sweetened tea with saccharin (I know, but she meant well and there wasn't much info against way back then).
    My wife's family are sugar-holics. I've converted her over to run off of stevia and Splenda and she doesn't really miss sugar anymore....
    Been thinking about this, actually saw it at the crocery store today but it didnt make it in the cart. The 12 pack of Cherry Pepsi sure made it in.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I have always been a Pepsi man.I use too have a case under my bed as a teenager.Now I drink diet but still sometimes I might drink 3 liters.So I don't keep too much around the house.
    Thats what its going to have to come down to....just dont buy it.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    Come on, everyone knows NY has the best pizza and bagels !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Come on, everyone knows NY has the best pizza and bagels !
    I haven't compared, but my wife loves a good NYC bagel and lox.

I've missed out.. On the bucket list.

- Knockout_Power

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I have them at my finger tips..... Could have one any time of any day..... I just don't :-(

Those things taste like heaven...... I'd love to eat one every day lol. I did when I was 18/19...... Can't anymore.
    what is a pork roll, egg and cheese???

Blog Entries
    Hoe-Li sh*t that looks unreal.

this is what i eat BG.

nutritional content:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 4 squares (40 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 240
    Calories from Fat 198
    Total Fat 22.0g 34%
    Saturated Fat 13.0g 65%
    Carbohydrates 12.0g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20%
    Sugars 3.0g
    Protein 4.0g
    2 squares is enuff for a decent taste and usually what i eat at a time. i believe it is actually good for ur heart and BP. i used to eat 99% cacao but think i prefer the 90%. one bar is like $3.50 and i usually go thru 2-3 per week.. i dont know how fancy it is compared to haz's chocolate, but i find it very very good. i usually get it when i get my almond butter at fresh market. costs me $40 per week for chocolate and almond butter! LOL...

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    this is what i eat BG.

nutritional content:

2 squares is enuff for a decent taste and usually what i eat at a time. i believe it is actually good for ur heart and BP. i used to eat 99% cacao but think i prefer the 90%. one bar is like $3.50 and i usually go thru 2-3 per week.. i dont know how fancy it is compared to haz's chocolate, but i find it very very good. i usually get it when i get my almond butter at fresh market. costs me $40 per week for chocolate and almond butter! LOL...

Nice, since we are putting up pics lol........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ok, so we talked coffee, how about sugar?-983_600_1-chocolate.jpg  

what is a pork roll, egg and cheese???

BG
    Bad idea......I just found 5 bars for the price of 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ok, so we talked coffee, how about sugar?-600x-dk-seasalt-chocolate-2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    is that like a ham egg and cheese sandwich???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    On steroids .

its pork roll, its like ham but magically delicious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information