Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Igifuno

Thread: Taking time off gym.

Roger11 is offline Member

Taking time off gym.

HOw often do you guys take time off gym, ive taken the last week or so off and forcing myself to do so, I feel like training but I know the break will do me good, im ready to start my next cycle when ive figured my bloods out so I assume the time off will do me good. Normally train 4-5x a week. Should I feel guilty for taking time off. I will prbos go back tomorrow or start fresh next Monday.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I took three weeks off after surgery this summer it felt like I took three years off.

Roger11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I took three weeks off after surgery this summer it felt like I took three years off.
    I know the feel mate, I feel guilty as hell and im pushing myself to do other things. Catch up with mates instead of gym and chill etc. Im sorta priming my body for my next BIG growth cycle.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Every 4 months or so I will take a full week off. It does suck and I feel like I loose a edge but it is good for body and mind in my case.

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    Every 4 months or so I will take a full week off. It does suck and I feel like I loose a edge but it is good for body and mind in my case.
    Agreed. Sometimes it is good to take a week to reset mentally and physically. I often find when I go back I am stronger than when I left.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Now that im retired im only going to have 1 day a week off after leg day

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Completely ok and I would recommend it every now and again. While you're taking the week off from training, treat yourself to a massage, go hiking or do something else to keep your blood flowing.
    Black likes this.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Completely ok and I would recommend it every now and again. While you're taking the week off from training, treat yourself to a massage, go hiking or do something else to keep your blood flowing.
    I had a deep tissue massage on my last day off. I always tell them (because its usually a smaller woman) to go heavy on the pressure. That next day, I was sh!t in the gym and sore (a good sore) from the massage. I hit a couple things and left. I'll count that massage as a workout.

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    I had a deep tissue massage on my last day off. I always tell them (because its usually a smaller woman) to go heavy on the pressure. That next day, I was sh!t in the gym and sore (a good sore) from the massage. I hit a couple things and left. I'll count that massage as a workout.
    Is that worth it? I have always been curious about it, but never thought I was the type to get a massage.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by king6 II View Post
    Is that worth it? I have always been curious about it, but never thought I was the type to get a massage.
    After heavy training for awhile, I get knots in my quads. I can feel them myself. A deep tissue massage usually 'breaks' them up, for lack of a better term. They are sore the next day, but feel great after that. Plus you get some chic rubbing you all over. Tell them your glutes and hips are tight, then they'll rub your a$$.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    I hate days off. I only take days off if I'm sick or for family obligations.

GettingReal is offline Junior Member
    I'll occasionally take a week off or at least train lighter for a week. 3 years ago I took almost two months off, boy was that awful, felt like I was set back 6 months.

Thread Information