noon is offline Senior Member

Ice fishing tourney

Friday went to sleep at nine fell asleep around midnight to get up at 2:30 to meet friends at 3:00 for a two hour drive to end up at tupper lake NY on a frozen lake at 5:00 . After paying 35 $ entry fee and paying 40 $ for bait we end up standing on 18 inches of frozen lake with 800 other fisherman staking a claim for out holes to be drilled and then waiting till 7:00 to put our bait in the water . And then we wait to catch a fish so that I can enter it for a chance to win cash. Best three fish every hour till 3:00 . Bah I caught 1 fish that was barely legal it won nothing . The group of six I was with caught a total of three fish all day. We grilled i ate venison steaks hot dogs sausage. Drank no water because it was frozen solid. I had coffee and Pepsi that some won had. I'm to spent for the gym my face is sunburned. The ride home sucked. Every one is beat. Highlights of the day wrestling on the ice. Establishing dominance among the herd is important. Years of udt training and Going to the gym along with cardio has paid for itself today. Now I'm home showered and relaxing it was a good day .

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds like good times. Wish I have more opportunities to things like that. I was only to get out ice fishing once this season and did not catch anything. Good times make good memories

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noon View Post
    Friday went to sleep at nine fell asleep around midnight to get up at 2:30 to meet friends at 3:00 for a two hour drive to end up at tupper lake NY on a frozen lake at 5:00 . After paying 35 $ entry fee and paying 40 $ for bait we end up standing on 18 inches of frozen lake with 800 other fisherman staking a claim for out holes to be drilled and then waiting till 7:00 to put our bait in the water . And then we wait to catch a fish so that I can enter it for a chance to win cash. Best three fish every hour till 3:00 . Bah I caught 1 fish that was barely legal it won nothing . The group of six I was with caught a total of three fish all day. We grilled i ate venison steaks hot dogs sausage. Drank no water because it was frozen solid. I had coffee and Pepsi that some won had. I'm to spent for the gym my face is sunburned. The ride home sucked. Every one is beat. Highlights of the day wrestling on the ice. Establishing dominance among the herd is important. Years of udt training and Going to the gym along with cardio has paid for itself today. Now I'm home showered and relaxing it was a good day .
    Shyte....for 10 bucks I could have poured ice water on your nuts and thrown a can of Starkist in your face.

Seriously though...I always wanted to try ice fishing. Something about the cold makes everything so still and quiet. Plus I love venison, something about all that has "ALPHA" written all over it. You could have used some of that UDT training to blow them fish out of the water, would have saved you some time!

Quote Originally Posted by king6 II View Post
    Shyte....for 10 bucks I could have poured ice water on your nuts and thrown a can of Starkist in your face.

Seriously though...I always wanted to try ice fishing. Something about the cold makes everything so still and quiet. Plus I love venison, something about all that has "ALPHA" written all over it. You could have used some of that UDT training to blow them fish out of the water, would have saved you some time!
    Lol sold for fifteen will you take the tuna out of the can.

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noon View Post
    Lol sold for fifteen will you take the tuna out of the can.
    Of course.....I will even drain it.

I tried sticking my head in the hole to look around but it was too cold

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    $40 for bait? Pretty proud of bait in NY

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    $40 for bait? Pretty proud of bait in NY
    A dozen jumbo shiners all over six inches and two dozen pike bait and scoop of cup bait.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    That's crazy, run you about $10 back here in the Dakota's.

Ya not here that's amazing jumbo shiners are 15$ per pound

Mockingbird is offline Junior Member
    Sounds really great, but price for bait absolutely kills me

Ya I know. It was a pike tourney so the bigger the bait the better. And we have to keep the receipts showing where we bought the bait. Or we get fined.
    It sucks because I can dip net bait in the stream next to my house

Thread Information