Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Igifuno
  • 1 Post By Rwy

Thread: Anyone live in Charlotte North Carolina

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Anyone live in Charlotte North Carolina

My fiancee is able to transfer here in about a years time and keep her NYC salary. I have been doing a lot of my business outside of NY on the phone. So I can most likely keep my NYC income also.

I have been looking at a lot of the suburbs of Charlotte and I am pretty interested in checking it out to relocate. The economy seems to be growing. There are low property prices and low taxes and some great school districts. I will def miss the beach but Lake Wylie seems pretty nice.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Drove thru once is that close enough

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy
    My fiancee is able to transfer here in about a years time and keep her NYC salary. I have been doing a lot of my business outside of NY on the phone. So I can most likely keep my NYC income also.

I have been looking at a lot of the suburbs of Charlotte and I am pretty interested in checking it out to relocate. The economy seems to be growing. There are low property prices and low taxes and some great school districts. I will def miss the beach but Lake Wylie seems pretty nice.
    Had the chance and passed. One of the mistakes I wish I could do over.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    I do work in Charlotte sometimes. Pretty cool city. Was telling the wife not too long ago that I'd like to go there for a long weekend one of these days.
    almostgone likes this.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    landed at the air port... huge for such a small city

noon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    If I'm still married when I turn forty ill run away with you.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Making any type of move is not easy.

I have been telling my fiancee since the beginning of our relationship if we have the chance to move one day we should and at first she looked at me like I was crazy but as she has gotten older she is leading the charge for a move.
    lovbyts likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    Making any type of move is not easy.

I have been telling my fiancee since the beginning of our relationship if we have the chance to move one day we should and at first she looked at me like I was crazy but as she has gotten older she is leading the charge for a move.

Chance? Theres no chance about. Just pick were you want to go and get out there. Your the only one that can make it happen. When i left the army i was like "ah i need a job" So i flew to the other side of the country and i got one.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trikydik View Post
    landed at the air port... huge for such a small city
    I've flown through there too and thought the same thing.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Everything is low compared too NYC.Hell you guys come upstate and buy a bunch of land too deer hunt all the time.We love it because after the 1st week or 2.We got it too ourselves

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Im in the exact same boat and was actually gonna post a thread for ideas. But doubt anyone lives where we would go.

But its me that would transfer. Brand new store. All new employees. Good chance to start a new life basically. But nervous as shit. About 1/4 of my income comes from bonus. Which I will only being getting small ones for the first year since its a new store. But the city is full of money and rich retires lol.

ickythump is offline Member
    My fiance is a fashion major and has a degree in classical studies, she said it had museums and was trendy, plus stuff our son could do, like a zoo I think, clean parks etc so it suited her fine...her mom went to chapel hill or whatever and they went with her to a conference last year and had a great time

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Charolotte is a big city. I think I may be moving there in a few months.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Everything is low compared too NYC.Hell you guys come upstate and buy a bunch of land too deer hunt all the time.We love it because after the 1st week or 2.We got it too ourselves
    I can assure you the last place I would be is upstate NY buying land to hunt on lol

However enjoy the wall street lavish purchase that probably gets old real fast

Rwy
    Its just so crazy. A house we would want will cost 800k with 15-20k in property taxes and you could get a nicer house for 500k in suburbs of Charlotte with taxes of 3-5k a year with just as great of school systems. I would just need a shot gun for the poisonous snakes.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    I lived there for a couple years, very nice city. Don't worry about the snakes, lool. Just like any city, there are places you don't want to get caught in. Houses are half what they are up north, and yes taxes are about a 1/3. You can't beat the people though, very nice.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    There are actually several places I could live in North Carolina. Pretty cool state (at least from the places I've visited).

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    There are actually several places I could live in North Carolina. Pretty cool state (at least from the places I've visited).
    Incredible beaches!

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by AshopRep View Post
    Incredible beaches!

Thats one thing I will miss about the NY. The beaches in the Hamptons are so nice. Usually rated some where in the top 3 in the whole us every year.

DozerMan is offline New Member
    I'm as new as they come to the forum here. I've been coming to this site for 10 years now. Getting myself back to it after 8 months off and a Re-Location to a SC burb, outside Charlotte.
    I see this thread is old as shit, but I figured I can comment on Charlotte.
    It's a fairly decent city with a booming economy the past 7+ years with no sign of slowing down...(i hope not anyway)
    Banking is huge down here, NASCAR is a big deal, seems like any small business thrives and the weather is better than the Northeast for the most part.

- Jon

DozerMan is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Charolotte is a big city. I think I may be moving there in a few months.

Did you ever end up moving to Charlotte ?
    I live in S. Charlotte

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post

Make sure you do a lot of research on the area/Neighborhoods because they look like they have their share of problems even there and since its a D state it will probably get a lot worse quickly because they seem to love homeless and what goes along with it because its a great way to promote more taxes that are never spent where its supposed to be or audited.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/me...PLDLXXA6RLBQM/

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    My wife wants to move to Charlotte as her parents live there. maybe we will have to do it as they are getting older and might require help soon. But to be honest, the process of moving itself seems terrifying to me.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
    My wife wants to move to Charlotte as her parents live there. maybe we will have to do it as they are getting older and might require help soon. But to be honest, the process of moving itself seems terrifying to me.
    Maybe look slightly N of Charlotte at Mooresville or Kannapolis unless you need to be to be right there with her parents.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-31-2022 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Fell asleep while typing . ..
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

dwiwill is offline New Member
    I can see how you feel. I don't like to move either. The moving process itself scares me, as well as a new place and stress during the relocation. The only thing that can ease the process is hiring professionals to help you. I can recommend you expomovers as I already addressed the guys and was satisfied with the provided services. They were very quick, so I didn't have much time for depression or sth. I even liked the process that day.
    Last edited by dwiwill; 11-02-2022 at 04:01 AM.

Thread Information