Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Right to Keep and Bare Arms

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Right to Keep and Bare Arms

I came across this video and I can't help but think there is something wrong with this. This is where people take it too far and need to realize what year it is.

I am all for people protecting themselves but I could not imagine how scared some people on the street might have been watching these fools walk around.

I thought the cop handled himself well too...

I Love This Cop. Best Open Carry Stop Ever - YouTube

Rwy
    wow there are 100's of these videos....

DAAS is offline Senior Member

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy
    I came across this video and I can't help but think there is something wrong with this. This is where people take it too far and need to realize what year it is.

I am all for people protecting themselves but I could not imagine how scared some people on the street might have been watching these fools walk around.

I thought the cop handled himself well too...

I Love This Cop. Best Open Carry Stop Ever - YouTube
    Far more patience than I would have had. I see no need to openly carry an AR15. IMO that's taking self defense a little over the edge. For me it's not a question of rights at that point but common sense and decency.
    songdog likes this.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    I wanted to shoot the main guy (with the AR) just because of his stupid a$$ voice.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Some people take things to far like the skin heads using freedom of speach.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by DAAS View Post
    This has been posted on here before. Both are wrong and could have been handled better. I am all for kids catching a whopping nowadays because they feel the law can defend them from mouthing off.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Far more patience than I would have had. I see no need to openly carry an AR15. IMO that's taking self defense a little over the edge. For me it's not a question of rights at that point but common sense and decency.
    I think for a lot of these people its not even the right to protect themselves. They are trying to bait police officers and see if they handle correctly according to the law.
    lovbyts and songdog like this.

This has been posted on here before. Both are wrong and could have been handled better. I am all for kids catching a whopping nowadays because they feel the law can defend them from mouthing off.
    I'm with you there. I've never hit my own kids; its usually the walls or doors that become the outlet of my anger. But make no mistake, my kids know when they are told do something (or to not do something) do NOT try day's patience!!!!!!!!

I'm frequently amazed how many kids can't even say please and thank you anymore and lack any form of respect for others. My kids have always been taught to use manners and show respect and that's not going to change.
    Rwy likes this.

I think for a lot of these people its not even the right to protect themselves. They are trying to bait police officers and see if they handle correctly according to the law.
    Probably right. It's situations like this that illustrate why I could not be in LE unfortunately. I was raised to respect the law (many men in my family wore the uniform). I know there are many people here that have a strong dislike for police. I understand there are some crooked cops but the same can be said of any profession. I realize for some it is the abuse of their authority that irks many.

Perhaps I'm just too naive but if the cop asked to see the gun and my ID, I would have complied because I was not violating any law (and if I was I certainly would NOT hang out in a public place waiting for 5-0 to show up!!!!!) and had nothing to hide. I'd the gun is legally licensed to me and I am lawfully allowed to possess the firearm and am not breaking any law by openly carrying the weapon, I don't understand why they had to be so uncooperative.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    The cops acted inappropriately. I could understand the cop wanting to have a chat with the kid. But unless the kid went to draw the gun, there was absolutely no reason for the pig to draw his. It's escalation like that which could've turned that whole thing in to a shooting.

And because this video is now on the internet, you're going to find a ton of copycats trying to test the cops in the same manner. I can bet you it's not going to end this well for a couple of them.
    V-ROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Probably right. It's situations like this that illustrate why I could not be in LE unfortunately. I was raised to respect the law (many men in my family wore the uniform). I know there are many people here that have a strong dislike for police. I understand there are some crooked cops but the same can be said of any profession. I realize for some it is the abuse of their authority that irks many.

Perhaps I'm just too naive but if the cop asked to see the gun and my ID, I would have complied because I was not violating any law (and if I was I certainly would NOT hang out in a public place waiting for 5-0 to show up!!!!!) and had nothing to hide. I'd the gun is legally licensed to me and I am lawfully allowed to possess the firearm and am not breaking any law by openly carrying the weapon, I don't understand why they had to be so uncooperative.
    Depending on the state, you're under no obligation to show your ID. In fact, it's a violation of the 5th amendment to make you show it (being a driver in a car is an exception). By you showing your ID, you're admitting that you were THERE and that can be seen as self-incrimination.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    The cops acted inappropriately. I could understand the cop wanting to have a chat with the kid. But unless the kid went to draw the gun, there was absolutely no reason for the pig to draw his. It's escalation like that which could've turned that whole thing in to a shooting.

And because this video is now on the internet, you're going to find a ton of copycats trying to test the cops in the same manner. I can bet you it's not going to end this well for a couple of them.
    C'mon. Had the cop drove by because no law was being broken and the kid would have light up a school bus full of kids 30 seconds later then you would chastise the cop for not doing anything. With the violent shootings that have occurred in the US over the last several years, how could you expect any other reaction?
    songdog likes this.

Not to mention he committed a theft cause you know damn well that punk didn't buy that $1000 set up lol.
    songdog likes this.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    C'mon. Had the cop drove by because no law was being broken and the kid would have light up a school bus full of kids 30 seconds later then you would chastise the cop for not doing anything. With the violent shootings that have occurred in the US over the last several years, how could you expect any other reaction?
    X2. Some people purposely try and bait the cops and that's what was happening here. It's like sticking a bloody carcass In front of a lion and expecting him not to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    Yeah a lot like the guys who wont show ID when they get stopped by police at a check point because it's not constitutionally legal or something. I dont see a problem with showing my ID when asked.

I wouldn't. He'd have been following the law. If we're going to get rid of our rights to bare arms (in this case right to open carry), we're going to just be sacrificing our basic freedoms over the false sense of security.

And yeah, he probably stole it hehehe
    dk94 and V-ROID like this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Open-carry is fully retarded. I can't fathom why any citizen would need to show off their gun in a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Open-carry is fully retarded. I can't fathom why any citizen would need to show off their gun in a city.
    Some states only allow open carry outside of incorporated city limits. Like a lot of laws, they were written when times were different and are totally antiquated.
    Docd187123 and Euroholic like this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	149336

Its crazy you can walk around with guns. But a type of chocolate is illegal. Im so glad aus does not have a bill of rights. The more rights you give people the more they feel there entitled too and deserve from the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte
    Agreed. This isn't the Wild Wild West. What purpose does it serve brandishing a gun in the open except to intimidate unnecessarily.
    Euroholic likes this.

DB1982 is offline Member

I completely agree.
    There is absolutely no reason to walk down a busy public road openly carrying a AR15 or any long gun for that matter.
    You are simply asking for attention.

What's next pot heads smoking weed in front of the Precinct. Don't people have better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DB1982 View Post
    I completely agree.
    There is absolutely no reason to walk down a busy public road openly carrying a AR15 or any long gun for that matter.
    You are simply asking for attention.

What's next pot heads smoking weed in front of the Precinct. Don't people have better things to do.
    Exactly. Unfortunately it's people like this who are going to get our rights taken away due to scaring people. No need to walk down a busy street with your gun showing, especially a rifle of any type. I'm sure most people would not think twice if you are on some dirt road in the middle of nowhere with a shotgun/rifle or whatever where it's known for hunting, shooting or ???

Stop scaring people and making it dificult for us who want to CC legally.

On a brighter note, my wife just went through her 2nd gun class today and did quite will using her new Glock 30sf .45 cal. Nice grouping.

dk94 is offline Associate Member
    the people that open carry usually do it to spread awareness about the legality of open carry. Like with everything there are retards, to aas it would be the man whos arms "exploded". People have to fight tooth and tail for every right, there will be no sweeping anti gun law, the rights of firearms owners will be chipped away slowly slowly.

Whether you agree with the right to bear arms or not, you should be proud of the constitution and what it provides to citizens. If you dgaf about it you may end up like england, knives 3" plus are prohibited, highly surveillanced city, and only police and criminals will have firearms

Quote Originally Posted by dk94 View Post
    the people that open carry usually do it to spread awareness about the legality of open carry. Like with everything there are retards, to aas it would be the man whos arms "exploded". People have to fight tooth and tail for every right, there will be no sweeping anti gun law, the rights of firearms owners will be chipped away slowly slowly.

Whether you agree with the right to bear arms or not, you should be proud of the constitution and what it provides to citizens. If you dgaf about it you may end up like england, knives 3" plus are prohibited, highly surveillanced city, and only police and criminals will have firearms
    I dont smoke but I fought/voted to NOT ban smoking in restaurants and bars because I saw where it was headed, just more government control.
    dk94 likes this.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I dont smoke but I fought/voted to NOT ban smoking in restaurants and bars because I saw where it was headed, just more government control.
    **** that shit. I dont want to inhale smoke when I am eating. Nasty.

Rwy
    The second video is what really scares me. If this fool is willing to walk down the street with his gf recording him in her 3rd trimester imo he is just as likely to one day hurt people. The laws give this kid a gun so now I need one to protect myself not only from criminals but others who own guns legally but have shit for brains.

Rwy
    The government does control you. They take all of your money and give it to other countries. They fix elections, they buy votes, and they spend our money foolishly and coulndt care less what we thought about it.

The government does control you. They take all of your money and give it to other countries. They fix elections, they buy votes, and they spend our money foolishly and coulndt care less what we thought about it.
    That being said, the only thing differentiating citizens from subjects is the right to firearms ownership. An armed man is a citizen, a disarmed man is a subject

DB1982 is offline Member

I agree 100% with this.
    I take good care of my body and I choose not to smoke.

I agree 100% with this.
    Dont you think people should have the right to open a smoking restaurant, that caters to smokers, employs smokers, there would be a market for it. I personally would choose not to go, as many others would, but there are enough smokers to carve out a niche for some restaurant owners.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That being said, the only thing differentiating citizens from subjects is the right to firearms ownership. An armed man is a citizen, a disarmed man is a subject
    Do you really feel less oppressed or more empowered because of your guns? If a SWAT team or the National Guard decided to come crashing through your door for whatever reason, would you make a crazy last stand and get yourself and your family killed?

I don't think so, and this is why your argument is invalid.

Since the WWI era (when military technology made the minuteman obsolete), the only way to stay safe and have rights is to support whoever wields the most powerful military.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 03-23-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Do you really feel less oppressed because of your guns? If a SWAT team or the National Guard decided to come crashing through your door for whatever reason, would you make a crazy last stand and get yourself and your family killed?

I don't think so, and this is why your argument is invalid.
    On the internet everybody does, in real life your results may vary.

DB1982 is offline Member

Dont you think people should have the right to open a smoking restaurant, that caters to smokers, employs smokers, there would be a market for it. I personally would choose not to go, as many others would, but there are enough smokers to carve out a niche for some restaurant owners.
    That's completely fine. If one wishes to open a smoking only restaurant or bar by all means go for it. They do have hooka lounges in my area. And they seem to be busy.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post

On the internet everybody does, in real life your results may vary.
    I always get a nice laugh when people talk about stock piling ammo and preparing to over throw the US. MILITARY.

I love and support gun onwership. But can't for the life of me understand the way some people think.
    I think I'm to logical for my own good. Lol

I always get a nice laugh when people talk about stock piling ammo and preparing to over throw the US. MILITARY.

I love and support gun onwership. But can't for the life of me understand the way some people think.
    I think I'm to logical for my own good. Lol
    Being too logical basically means you can spot bullsh*t a mile a way. That's a trait I enjoy not distress over hahaha.

there would be no reason for a swat team to come to my door. If it came to some crazy point where the constitution was repealed and some sort of tyranical oppressor came to power, most police/military would be come heavily divided amongst them selves and the regular firearm owner would just be concerned with protecting their family and loved ones, not over throwing anybody.

I served in my country, just in the reserves, but most people i served with were there for the people, not to be against them. Theres no clear cut wrong/right, them vs us type situation.

And as many conflicts have shown since ww2, militias with only small arms have made formidable opponents to the us army. That being said, i believe 99% of us military would not fire on us citizens on american soil
    lovbyts likes this.

So from your statement I gather you believe Government knows what is best for you and you will just go along with anything they decide you should do? No large size popcorn, no pop over 64 oz, fill up with gas only on odd or even number days, monitoring your phone calls, emails, txt, what you watch on tv, genetically altered beef and produce etc. Where do you draw the line? Should everyone have the same line as you?

Agreed, no need to flaunt it or force it on people who don't want to though but leave mine alone.

I agree 100% with this.
    No one is forcing you to or forcing you to go to restaurants or bars where they do. Vote with your feet and wallet, dont force it on everyone. Because you might happen to be able to smell it, it wont kill/hurt you any more than some woman who wears to much perfume or the guy at the gym who has not showered for 3 days.

More regulations = less innovation. Thanks to all the government regulations it's damn near impossible for anyone to open any kind of small business anymore without a lot of capital for backing.
    dk94 likes this.

Rwy
    I work in the mortgage business and my job has been ****ing annihilated with reform because of the government. Every month I have to worry about some politician changing the rules on a subject he knows nothing about because the American Public is so ****ing stupid. I am def not one for governmental control but I think people do not realize how stupid the average person is and need someone to protect them form themselves.

The portion of food control is ridiculous. People want to kill themselves with sugar go ahead. It would probably be more fun killing yourself with drugs then Pepsi However I do care when I have to stand on the subway because there are 5 black women who take up 15 seats while drinking their sweet tea.

There are much more important issues to fight about and the people who talk about the size of food should fight the bigger fight. Put your energy into other things not this minimal shit. OMG you are not going to tell me I cant have a large pop corn but yes go give 1 trillion dollars to afganistan and I will say nothing. Seriously whats more important?

You are picking out the little things when the big things are being done right in front of our face everday. Just a rant and dont want you to think I am being a prick about this towards you lovbyts
    Last edited by Rwy; 03-23-2014 at 09:48 PM.
    lovbyts likes this.

Agreed but the reason the big things are happening is barbecue we didnt pay attention to the little things for to long and it's snowballed. We have to start paying attention to the little things and stop them and work our way back up. That does not mean ignore the big things though. Do what you/we can even if it's a phone call, letter, email or public awareness of some type.

Yeah the problem with all these regulations and laws they make almost daily is it falls under the good old rule ignorance is not excuse. Just because you were not aware or informed of the change it's still your fault. Total BS, just like the IRS, it needs to be torn down and simplified. No new laws, regulations etc unless it's voted on by the public.

I dont think we need 1/100 of the laws/protection to protect the stupid people. We need to stop all the BS lawsuits and let things work themselves out by Darwins theory of evolution and natural selection.
    Rwy and Honkey_Kong like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information