DAAS is offline Senior Member

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    You have to watch these sorts of stories as they are often full of hyperbole. Apparently they are using a solution of chlorine dioxide in water - which is the same stuff typically used to treat drinking water, so it's toxic in some concentrations, but also commonly used as a disinfectant. I have used it to treat recalcitrant respiratory infections in my chickens, and it is approved by the FDA as GRAS (generally recognised as safe) for use in spraying fruits and vegetables before shipping them.

I doubt it will do anything for autism, but I think the worst of it is giving anyone a lot of enemas, unless you are pretty sure you are going to save their life doing so.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Say what?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    You have to watch these sorts of stories as they are often full of hyperbole. Apparently they are using a solution of chlorine dioxide in water - which is the same stuff typically used to treat drinking water, so it's toxic in some concentrations, but also commonly used as a disinfectant. I have used it to treat recalcitrant respiratory infections in my chickens, and it is approved by the FDA as GRAS (generally recognised as safe) for use in spraying fruits and vegetables before shipping them.

I doubt it will do anything for autism, but I think the worst of it is giving anyone a lot of enemas, unless you are pretty sure you are going to save their life doing so.
    I would seriously recommend NOT chlorinating an enema. My concern is the intestinal flora that will perish, albeit intestinal flora is more prevalent in the smaller intestine than the large.

just my .02

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Yeah, I understand, Roman - I wasn't advising it. My point was that you read these hyperbolic headlines, and the reality tends to be far more benign. I could say I brush my teeth with bleach sometimes (as hydrogen peroxide is a bleach) but I'd sort of be trying to make it sound like a bigger, more dangerous thing than it is, even though, technically, it would be true. That's what I was talking about.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Yeah, I understand, Roman - I wasn't advising it. My point was that you read these hyperbolic headlines, and the reality tends to be far more benign. I could say I brush my teeth with bleach sometimes (as hydrogen peroxide is a bleach) but I'd sort of be trying to make it sound like a bigger, more dangerous thing than it is, even though, technically, it would be true. That's what I was talking about.
    I understand. and the peroxide and baking soda thing for brushing teeth works. well, sort of for me anyways. for some strange reason, I do not get plaque on my teeth. I may go to the dentist every five or ten years. It's a little pointless for me.

Thread Information