Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Philosophical Discussion #3: You just found out your son's ex football coach...

....has been giving some on the team steroids . Your son is 20, now in college, and this was two (2) years ago. And for awhile, your son was taking steroids without your knowledge.

Your reaction is?????

probuild42 is offline Member
    I would go have a talk with the coach and drag my son along with. I would expect an explanation from the coach. The tough call would be at what level my son was athletically. I dont condone young aas use. But if you have a shot at NFL fame and fortune it would be a very hard choice. I think I would still lean to the side of no aas and report the coach. I am raising my son's to be academically minded first.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I would ask for his source.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    I would ask for his source.
    And a discount. ;-)

Bert is offline Senior Member
    That would explain how my son gained 50lbs of muscle in a year.

My son was asking when he was on the football team. Defensive/offensive lineman. He felt he needed an "edge". I started him on creatine, and told him "don't tell anyone". He was stoked and said it made a noticeable difference.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    My son was asking when he was on the football team. Defensive/offensive lineman. He felt he needed an "edge". I started him on creatine, and told him "don't tell anyone". He was stoked and said it made a noticeable difference.
    Placebo is a wonderful thing. Im jot saying it didn't make any difference but I bet just the idea made more.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Placebo is a wonderful thing. Im jot saying it didn't make any difference but I bet just the idea made more.
    which was part of the reason I told him to "not tell anyone"

but when discussing performance enhancing substances, many could misunderstand (thinking teachers, other parents, maybe some other players) and we could get in a lot of trouble. Sometimes, it's better to not tell anyone your business.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm sure I'd know he was on.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I'm sure I'd know he was on.
    you would, of course.

because you are educated and knowledgeable on the subject matter. Some fathers work too many hours, are office pinky's, and have never lifted in their life. Utterly clueless. You are NOT the typical father.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'd be disappointed they didn't come to me before doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I'd be disappointed they didn't come to me before doing it.
    let me ask you a question. say it is you on the football team, and your dad is a pencil neck and your dad is a widget schlepper. He has no experience, and all he can offer is....., what? Negativity? Contempt?

I was very happy when my kid came to me all those years ago.

But many kids feel that they cannot go to their fathers with this, and instead, will go to the next adult male figure they feel they can trust in their life... their coach!

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    My child would be formally educated on steroids by the age of 14. I would not see this happening to him without him making the choice to take them. My belief is the only thing a person can do to help their children and get them the facts. Hiding facts from kids, teaching "urban legends', and outright lieing to them is the most destructive thing a child can go through.

My mom taught me that sex was bad unless married .....After violating this before the age of 18 I can say telling me to use a condom would have been WAY better instruction (figured it out on my own).

Assuming I was uneducated and did not educate my child the first thought would automatically be...who can I sue. Second thought would be how do I sue before others make it a class action suit.
    Last edited by Chicagotarsier; 05-04-2014 at 08:45 AM.

^ ok. so say your neighbor is the coach, and you have first hand knowledge that he is giving AAS to kids. then what?

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I would definitely have an exchange of words with the coach. I probably would end up calling the cops.

One thing for sure, my son would be on the injured reserve list after the beating I'd give him

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I would definitely have an exchange of words with the coach. I probably would end up calling the cops.

One thing for sure, my son would be on the injured reserve list after the beating I'd give him
    this thought experiment has your son at age 20. You'd get physical with your son at that age?

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Having a little knowledge on steriods and knowing the damage he is causing to his young players I would have to turn him into the school and let them handle it.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    this thought experiment has your son at age 20. You'd get physical with your son at that age?
    You don't stop being their parent because they reached a certain age, right? Maybe there wouldn't be a physical altercation, but he definitely wouldn't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    You don't stop being their parent because they reached a certain age, right? Maybe there wouldn't be a physical altercation, but he definitely wouldn't be happy.
    fair enough

Thread Information