Nij
    Nij is offline Junior Member

Any pharmacists?

Are there any pharmacists that frequent these forums?

Random, I know.

Just got a few questions

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I know there is a few doctors and a nurse. Not sure about a pharmacists. Ask your question and your more likely to get an answer.

Nij
    Nij is offline Junior Member
    Well I'm graduating high school in a couple weeks, and for the longest time I hadn't known what direction I should go in life.

Finally decided to bite the bullet, pick a career path, and stick to it, however I'm not sure what as to what I need to do in order to accomplish this.

I am planning to attend a local community college for couple years to get my AA, then move on to a Uni.

Should I try becoming a pharmacy tech while attending college for experience?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, do as a few here have done and work part time as a male stripper so we can read stories about how you made $20 tip from some dude. We need some more stories like those.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    My cousin is a pharmacist. He's not on these forums but him and I speak frequently and see each other almost daily. I can pass along questions or answer based on what he's told me

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nij View Post
    Well I'm graduating high school in a couple weeks, and for the longest time I hadn't known what direction I should go in life.

Finally decided to bite the bullet, pick a career path, and stick to it, however I'm not sure what as to what I need to do in order to accomplish this.

I am planning to attend a local community college for couple years to get my AA, then move on to a Uni.

Should I try becoming a pharmacy tech while attending college for experience?
    If you are going to be a pharmacy tech, try to get into a position at an inpatient pharmacy at a hospital. They usually make more money than retail and you won't have to deal with customer service.

Also, don't waste money on those exam prep courses. Get study guides at used bookstores and then just pay to take the exam. I'm told its not that hard at all.

Source: I have a niece who went through all the stuff above.
    Last edited by Black; 05-11-2014 at 06:18 AM.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I would suggest that you take as many science course are you can to see if you enjoy science and esp Chemistry. Getthing a Pharm D is hard work. With Obama Care and computers technology I dont know what the long term aspects of that career are. I would go talk to a couple of pharmacists in your area and see what they think. If you need a part time job and want to see if you would enjoy that work then I would say get the tech job. Does not pay much but can help you make up your mind. I think its a cost benefit thing.

As far as will it help you get into pharmacy school, I don't think so. Only great grades will do that. It will help you learn all the drugs names and classes of medications.

Thread Information