Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Ol' Roman's Come Back Crusade!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    took a break from the gym yesterdayand yesterday's results from the kitchen - apparently, I was hungry yesterday!Attachment 151837
    prob hungry from that leg workout. i am always waaaay hungier the day after i have a great workout session

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    no. that aint it. leg day does something else to me

no. that aint it. leg day does something else to me
    does it put you in your wheelchair?

^no, ya bastad. it aint that either....
    ...it puts the libido into overdrive.

11 Jul 2014 - 205 lbs

Chest/Arm day at the gym. Back was in a lot of pain, so I had to cut back on the number of sets I did half way through. Came home and took a Rx pain pill to get me through. Ended up ok. Woke up, back is pretty sore again. Unfortunately, the pain is not trauma induced....

And results from the kitchen are looking pretty good. I'm going to hold as I have been on the macros until I get the recomp I want, then grow from there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	153 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	151844

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    ^no, ya bastad. it aint that either.... ...it puts the libido into overdrive.
    Haha!

Does that mean you got a good forearm workout?

Hope ya back heals up?

Muscle or disc?

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Haha!

Does that mean you got a good forearm workout?
    almost. I, unlike some others, actually have a woman to help me out in this area............

Hope ya back heals up?

Muscle or disc?
    neither. it's a form of arthritis that has been getting worse for over 20+ years. I had an Xray a few years back, and I have these "hooks" or calcium deposits on the tips of my vertebrae that inflame the tissue around it, causing inflammation and pain. Now that I know it is not an alignment issue or a disc, I have more confidence working through the pain. But it's still chronic pain and wears me out, as some days are worse than others. And when I'm at the edge of where the pain is (not) tolerable, it effects me emotionally, making it difficult for others to be around me. I can be grumpy................

Damn, that sounds painful. I have some arthritis issues going on myself, it's hereditary.

Heal up gramps!

^ I wish I could. the only thing to remedy this is an operation, and Kaiser keeps telling me I'm not a good candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    ^ I wish I could. the only thing to remedy this is an operation, and Kaiser keeps telling me I'm not a good candidate?
    I hate insurance companies. They don't approve anything. Not a good candidate because your healthy probably. I am about to test the waters, been a while since I have been to a doctor, but trying to get an appointment next week for terrible muscle knots and to get some blood work done for both hormones and electrolytes

12 Jul 2014 - 205 lbs

Back was killing me in the gym. Made it through my routines and most of the sets in those routines. This pain is getting old, and has been for a long time.

Good times in the kitchen.

Views:	114 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	151855

13 Jul 2014

Another day.....

Results from the kitchen

Views:	143 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	151887

18 Jul 2014 - 205 Lbs

leg day!

And yesterday's kitchen results:

Views:	94 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	151987

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think I might have to get a copy of your calculator and try playing with it.

Do you think keeping track is helping much?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

I think it has helped quite a bit. Knowing is always better than not knowing. This gives you quantifiable targets, and allows you to consume the right amount of protein, more or less, every time. Nothing worse than having a great day in the gym, and then screwing that up by only eating 2/3 the protein you are supposed to eat, and not allowing your muscles to grow sufficiently. Plus by eating the right amount of calories, allows you to control your bf% precisely. I'm eating at TDEE, and recomping. I've only been doing this since may. I came back from Afghanistan 195lbs and looking like death warmed over due to all the significant illness' and operations. Big change in only 2 months. So I'm recomping to get the physique/bf% I want, and then in a few more months, I'm thinking a nice slow clean bulk back up to my former weight of 240+. This is going to take some time, I'm figuring at least a year. In august, I'm going to add some cardio. Jog/walk around the park with the dogs, for at least 40 minutes, at 60 or 70% of my max heart rate, more or less. Every other day minimum. This will help with bf% reduction.

See next pane for ten day macro average. Looking pretty sweet now that I'm really learning to dial it in tight.

I think I have your email addy somewhere. I'll shoot you a copy of the macro calculator.
    lovbyts likes this.

19 Jul 2014 - 205 Lbs

yesterday was back/arms. My back is really screaming out, so I've been hitting the Rx pain meds. Without the codeine. And more alleve. I'll get through it somehow. I always do.

Yesterday's kitchen results

Views:	94 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	151997

and yesterdays' ten day macro average. You'll see that the ten day average is looking pretty tight as I learn to dial in. It's taken quite awhile to learn how to do this with this level of precision, and it's always good to see average results like this:

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	140 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	151998

20 Jul 2014

Skipped the gym yesterday. Too much back pain. Popping pain meds, but I did eat. here are the results from the kitchen (I over did it abit)

Views:	135 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	152007

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"

Name:	llcoolj.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	152008

damn TR, hope the back gets better for ya. hate when we want to train and our bodies just won't let us!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Sounds like TR needs a massage.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Sounds like TR needs a massage.
    Only if it comes from you.....

....not into sweaty guys named Bruce touching my body! =)

25 Jul 2014 - 205lbs

This is a pretty sweet macro split. I've finally learned to control this thing. Primarily I want to be able to hit my caloric and protein targets. Which I can now do fairly easily. 46/48/6. and within 90 calories of my TDEE.

Next, I need to update my bf%. I'm logging 14%, but I now suspect lower. Probably 13%.

Very soon, starting August, I'll tone down a little bit in the gym and start cardio. At least every other day within 50 to 80% of my max heart rate for at least 40 minutes a session. And I may cut back my TDEE. I'll probably do this for a month or so and see where it takes me. Once I finish my recomp, then i'll start a slow clean bulk. I may never get back to 250 from a year ago (before all the crazy shit began to happen to me), but the lighter weight is easier on my back, less pain.

Here are yesterday's results from the kitchen:

Views:	95 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	152118

This is my quick blender lunch. Total cals are 803 with the following macro split:
    55/36/9
    (with 104 grams of protein)

16ounce liquid egg whites
    12.5 ounce can of chicken breast from Costco
    1/2 pound apple
    1/2 cup raw oats

prep, eating and clean up time around five minutes

and it doesn't taste too shitty either!

26 Jul 2014

leg day in the gym.

results from the kitchen. macros were looking pretty sweet until I cheated and ate a bag of popcorn at 11 last night. You can see the popcorn as meal 7

here are the results:

Views:	149 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	152133

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

I can tell you that it's helped me. Of course, there's nothing magical about it(no offence, TR). It showed me that I wasn't eating enough. Up a few lbs, which is what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    I can tell you that it's helped me. Of course, there's nothing magical about it(no offence, TR). It showed me that I wasn't eating enough. Up a few lbs, which is what I want.
    of course not. it's just a tool that provides feedback and allows you to stay focused

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    HOWEVER...it took a hell of a lot of work to put that together. My post sounded like the calculator was no big deal. Didn't mean that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    HOWEVER...it took a hell of a lot of work to put that together. My post sounded like the calculator was no big deal. Didn't mean that at all.
    it's not a big deal. and it did take some time, but it's not a very complex model. plus I had a little bit of help on some of the colors.

31 Jul 2014 - 205 lbs

Gym went well last night. Didn't get out of there until 9:15pm which is different now that I'm no longer amongst the ranks of the unemployed. So now, to make this all work; nutrition, lifting and cardio, it's all about routine. I didn't have a clue what I was going to eat yesterday for lunch, and ended up at Subway with my new boss. And then my woman texts me and tells me to pick up In 'n Out on the way home. Fawk!

I am not sure how I'm going to fit in 40 minutes of cardio eod yet, since I got home at 9:30 last night, and in bed by 10:30. I'll figure something out.

My recomp still seems to be improving. I can finally see some striation in my obliques. Still needs more effort. But I'm getting there.

Here are the results in the kitchen:

Views:	99 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	152263

So I tell my woman yesterday that i'll probably buy a blender and take to work. She talks me out of it and says to just mix it at home and take it to work in a shaker cup. So today, it's two shaker cups containing (total) 16oz liquid egg whites and 12.5oz chicken breast. Add to that the banana and apple i'll be bringing and that's what I eat at work. Maybe two cups of coffee. I'm just not sure how the contents of the shaker cup will fare for a few hours in the fridge. Could come out gross, so we'll see. I always get real odd looks at work when people see what I eat, but it's casual day, and they'll see me in a polo short, so maybe they'll put two and two together and not ask so many questions?

....we'll see.

So by the time I get home for supper tonight, pre supper, this will be my macros:

Views:	131 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	152264

So I tell my woman yesterday that i'll probably buy a blender and take to work. She talks me out of it and says to just mix it at home and take it to work in a shaker cup. So today, it's two shaker cups containing (total) 16oz liquid egg whites and 12.5oz chicken breast. Add to that the banana and apple i'll be bringing and that's what I eat at work. Maybe two cups of coffee. I'm just not sure how the contents of the shaker cup will fare for a few hours in the fridge. Could come out gross, so we'll see. I always get real odd looks at work when people see what I eat, but it's casual day, and they'll see me in a polo short, so maybe they'll put two and two together and not ask so many questions?....we'll see.
    that sounds nasty!

that sounds nasty!
    the taste is not all that terrible. mild, actually. and it all fit in one shaker cup, actually.

but then again, we both know we don't eat for the sheer enjoyment of the flavor. We eat because it is what is required of our bodies, right?

no one said this nutritional path we chose would be an easy one...............

and by the way, I also consume a scoop of psyllium husk fiber when I eat a blender meal. Otherwise, I output a lot of fluid. The fiber helps solidify the matter....

1 Aug 2014 - 204 lbs

Rest day at the gym. I'm at the gym 3 days out of 4. So I look forward to my rest days.

I've lost 6 pounds in 3 months, so tomorrow, i'll share what I bumped my activity level to. But the moderate level at 1.55xBMR correlating to three to five days was too low. 3/4 of a week is more than five days a week (barely) so I think the bump is justified, and the 2 pound per month weight loss is the proof.

Here is yesterdays results from the kitchen:

Views:	90 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	152280

2 Aug 2014 - 204 lbs

I switched my activity multiplier, from 1.61 to 1.65 due to loss of 6 pounds in 3 months. Plus I've been eating at slightly above TDEE anyways. The recomp is coming along nicely, but not quite where I want to be, before I slowly and cleanly begin to bulk back up to my former weight from a year ago (about 245 or so). I've always had Gorilla Gut, not really fat, but a large intestinal volume. Now that it is gone, I want to be real careful about letting it return. It could take me a year to regain my size without the gorilla gut, we'll see.

Yesterday was chest/tris/shoulders and that went well.

My ten day macro average is as follows

41/36/23 averaging 3347 cals/day and 340 grams of protein.

Views:	128 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	152300

And my macros from yesterday are as follows:

47/38/15 at 3259 cals and 381 grams of protein

Views:	141 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	152302

Fawk! Everytime I seem to go out to eat with the family, I blow the shit outta my macros. Came back from the Black Bear diner, and after I logged my intake, I'm 1,500 cals above TDEE. The trusty salad I wanted to get, the main ingredient was out, and I didn't want any of the other salads. No beer. Just water. And 1,500 cals over TDEE.

I'll post up tomorrow.

But I did see Hercules tonight at the show. Not a bad movie, and Dwayne Johnson is not a bad actor. Not a great actor, but I prefer him over tiny Tom Cruise. When Dwayne is kicking ass, it makes sense. He's a big dude. But when tiny Tom Cruise kicks ass, I'm sorry. I just can't take the fantasy.

3 Aug 2014 - 204 lbs

Sharpened the pencil, and really only 1,200 cals beyond TDEE yesterday.

Yesterday was leg day at the gym, and here are the results of my blown macros:

Views:	153 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	152317

4 Aug 2014 - 204lbs

Day 3 on a 3:1 protocol
    Back, arms (biceps), abs

went well. didn't get out of there til 10pm. Different crowd. More urgent. I was asked three times "how many sets?"
    "12, and if you ask me again, it's 15!" (well, something I wanted to say, but didn't)

I ate a large volume yesterday. Felt pretty full all day. Had a shit meal for dinner (taco salad without the taco shell) and blew my macros again, just not as bad as the day before.

Here are the results and ten day average:

Views:	143 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	152342

Views:	97 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	152343

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast