tice1212 is offline Productive Member

opening up a smoothie bar

Hey guys I am in the process of opening up a smoothie/supp bar. It will be located inside the gym I train at now. My question is.
    Do u guys know of any low calorie smoothie mixes out there. I was going to use the following three mixes. Almond milk, 2% milk or just water. But if there is a smoothie mix company that has a good base please let me know. Thanks boys

bloodchoke is offline Member
    Fvck yeah -- good luck, Tice!

(I'm opening a Quest Bar right now )

I've found that I like coconut milk better than almond milk in smoothies (everything, really) for a non-dairy option; it has just a touch more body to it. But, my favorite base is a little nonfat Greek yogurt and splash of water. Another good way to cut calories (via cutting fat) is by using peanut butter powder in place of peanut butter.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodchoke View Post
    Fvck yeah -- good luck, Tice!

(I'm opening a Quest Bar right now )

I've found that I like coconut milk better than almond milk in smoothies (everything, really) for a non-dairy option; it has just a touch more body to it. But, my favorite base is a little nonfat Greek yogurt and splash of water. Another good way to cut calories (via cutting fat) is by using peanut butter powder in place of peanut butter.
    Agreed with the pb powder.

Also check out other bars...maybe Google some u know. Or most LA fitness has them. And a few 24 hour fitness I've been to also.

Or check out a tropical smoothie. For healthy ideas.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Good luck. I hope it works out.

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Thanks boys. Going to try my best. Btw if u guys have any idea to make a smoothie bar better please share

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    Thanks boys. Going to try my best. Btw if u guys have any idea to make a smoothie bar better please share
    Hire a cute young fit girl to work it.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys I am in the process of opening up a smoothie/supp bar. It will be located inside the gym I train at now. My question is.
    Do u guys know of any low calorie smoothie mixes out there. I was going to use the following three mixes. Almond milk, 2% milk or just water. But if there is a smoothie mix company that has a good base please let me know. Thanks boys
    Bro I wish you the best! If anything comes up I'll sure let you know! Will they only be available at the gym? Or bars for resale?

Agree w/LB too!
    Last edited by NACH3; 01-30-2016 at 09:56 AM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Hire a cute young fit girl to work it.
    This!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'm heading to the gym soon, I'll take a picture of ours.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

noon is offline Senior Member
    That's great man good for you. I wish our gym had somthing like that either for pre work out lift or a post shake.

Btw if u guys have any idea to make a smoothie bar better please share
    Is cannabis legal in your area?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Lmfao

I just seen a thing on the news here where a owner of a "juice bar" inside LA Fitness close to my old house got popped. They didn't mention juice - but, yeah

The real business of a juice type bar inside of a gym is a lost cause imo - unless, maybe the gym has very high traffic

I have kicked around many business ideas - but, here in AZ, it does not look profitable.

Blog Entries
    And here is the link

http://www.12news.com/story/news/loc...ests/71546260/

Why do you think this guy was doing this? Well, he could just love risking his freedom over slinging sauce. Or - he's trying to make ends meet & using this half assed business as a front

What's funny is that I joked about making the "juice bar" a real juice bar.

GL mane, it's not impossible to be profitable. But, the profit margins are slim.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    The real business of a juice type bar inside of a gym is a lost cause imo - unless, maybe the gym has very high traffic

I have kicked around many business ideas - but, here in AZ, it does not look profitable.
    That's good of you to mention. I DO NOT say this to discourage you (tice), but, aside from the big chain juice spots, they just never seem to stay in business long (here in NV).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodchoke
    That's good of you to mention. I DO NOT say this to discourage you (tice), but, aside from the big chain juice spots, they just never seem to stay in business long (here in NV).
    Same here, the main gym that I go to has one. It's called "juice bar" - they switched owners about 3-4x. Last time it was unoccupied I looked into it a little. But, business is slow there for sure. I think it can be semi profitable. But, not for the amount of time spent there. The new owner is trying tho, giving out samples n' shit.

I love the fitness industry, but many paths are too dry. Even Jamba Juice doesn't seen extremely profitable. But, now they have some weight behind them.

The only way I think one can profit well is in a super high traffic area. Here the gyms aren't really all that packed. Maybe, just by ASU & that's still such a small market.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Even the gyms with high traffic do not have long lines at the smoothie bar. :/

do market research! And your break even analysis!

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Now lets talk about what "supps" your going to be selling from behind that bar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Now lets talk about what "supps" your going to be selling from behind that bar

Dude - it's the juice bar - dBol shakes, aBomb preworkouts, TNE preworkout shots

LoL

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Never been to a gym with a smoothie bar. Did not even know that was a thing. I think a good idea would be a flame grill bar. Selling flame grilled steaks or chicken breasts/thighs. Or even a sushi bar.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Never been to a gym with a smoothie bar. Did not even know that was a thing. I think a good idea would be a flame grill bar. Selling flame grilled steaks or chicken breasts/thighs. Or even a sushi bar.
    that also has a fitness smoothy as an option....
    interesting...

I like the smoothy idea, but i would make it as an addition to the bizz.
    like a grill or a sushi bar with the option.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I have two LA fitness within 2 miles of me right now. Different directions.

The one I don't go to (too dirty to put it nicely ) their juice bar has everything. From protein, creatine, preworkout, juicers, jerky, gum, and then reql meals...chicken brown rice...flat breads...salads. . Water, gaterade, ....i mean u name it...they have it just about. It's like it's own little shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    I have two LA fitness within 2 miles of me right now. Different directions.

The one I don't go to (too dirty to put it nicely ) their juice bar has everything. From protein, creatine, preworkout, juicers, jerky, gum, and then reql meals...chicken brown rice...flat breads...salads. . Water, gaterade, ....i mean u name it...they have it just about. It's like it's own little shop.
    Nice.
    The only gyms i have been to are feral. just old iron and a few cardio machines nothing fancy. Im a bit jealous of that. Another idea would be a gym/restaurant/strip club. Imagine going in for a leg session then chilling out for a couple hours eating/getting a risty while you recover before yoi drive home.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    Nice. The only gyms i have been to are feral. just old iron and a few cardio machines nothing fancy. Im a bit jealous of that. Another idea would be a gym/restaurant/strip club. Imagine going in for a leg session then chilling out for a couple hours eating/getting a risty while you recover before yoi drive home.
    Oh yeah..... Memberships would surely skyrocket for the married man grouping...... *sarchasm*

If my fiancé knew there was a strip club at my gym..... I'd be finding a membership someplace else lol. It's one thing to go on a one off with friends. It's another to have a steady run at new quiff on the daily haha
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Oh yeah..... Memberships would surely skyrocket for the married man grouping...... *sarchasm*

If my fiancé knew there was a strip club at my gym..... I'd be finding a membership someplace else lol. It's one thing to go on a one off with friends. It's another to have a steady run at new quiff on the daily haha
    just sit her down tell her you love her and explain its just a business transaction. If that fails buy her a harry winston

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    There was a smoothie place I went to that also sold supplements as well. He made a peanut butter and pineapple shake that was absolutely delicious. He made it with just water and it was great.

Thread Information