Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hazard

Thread: How many here hit their macros EVERY Day?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

How many here hit their macros EVERY Day?

...say within 5% or so?

...say within 10% or so?

Simple enough question.

Looks like I'll go first....

I'm averaging about 50 cals/day over TDEE, which I'm ok with at the moment. I really want to be at TDEE, but I slip frequently like last night with those two pictures of beer I was required to drink.

I'm averaging 36% of my caloric intake in the form of protein. This comes out to 274 grams of protein per day. I need a minimum 270grams/protein per day, and my target is about 300 grams of protein per day, so I'm a little light here.

This average I speak of is over the last 30 days.

---Roman

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    That's tough, 10% if I'm lucky.

I say that because even when I thought I had everything spot on, then actually counted an entire day out.
    I missed my protein macro by 30g under. wasn't happy about that because I had been eating that way for awhile.

as analytical as I am, I have never counted every macro every day for any length of time.
    I don't know how you do it Roman but big props to you.
    Last edited by DrewZ; 06-21-2014 at 01:42 PM.

^30 grams under.... what?

your required minimum, or your macro target?

My target - My LBM is 160lbs, I'm aiming for 240g Protein a day (1.5g x LBM) and consider this my most important macro

^actually, that is your required minimum protein intake.

I put a plan together just based on your old profile, so not entirely accurate. but sufficient to illustrate my point.

So say your TDEE = 2800 cals/day. if you utilize a 40/40/20 split, then 40% of those calories would need to come from protein. This would mean you would need to consume 280 grams of protein per day, much higher than the required minimum of 240grams you are thinking. And if you don't hit the 280 grams/protein per day, and eat at TDEE, then that means you are over consuming either carbs or fat.

Make sense?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	107 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	151456

Ahhhhh, see I had always thought 1.2g minimum, 1.5g ideal.

My target for calories is 2400, trying to stay 200-300 under TDEE.
    Leaning out, thinking about doing the carb cycling/prime before I start my first cycle.
    I have yet to carb cycle.

Would you mind sending me your calculator? I'm gonna give it a shot.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I just eat till I'm full.... Then I jam a little more in there and I grow *shrug* I stopped counting it all
    Euroholic likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    Ahhhhh, see I had always thought 1.2g minimum, 1.5g ideal.

My target for calories is 2400, trying to stay 200-300 under TDEE.
    Leaning out, thinking about doing the carb cycling/prime before I start my first cycle.
    I have yet to carb cycle.

Would you mind sending me your calculator? I'm gonna give it a shot.
    PM me....

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I just eat till I'm full.... Then I jam a little more in there and I grow *shrug* I stopped counting it all
    and that's basically my pattern, too. make sure the food I eat is quality, and hope for the best. But then I lost all the weight. And with the arthritis in my back, my max weight is about 250 without having to deal with a shit load of pain. I still have pain at 212, but it gets a lot worse at 250. So I'm going to stay this weight for awhile, and put some real effort at dropping bf%. I'm kind of going through the motions right at the moment, but when this thing becomes a routine, say in another month, then I will double down with the effort and take a run at 10% BF......

Succor is offline New Member
    I just hit ~6500 calories a day and use the scale and mirror as a method of evaluating progress. Makes life much easier that way. I eat the same stuff every single day so I rarely use MyFitnessPal anymore.

^well, that's one way to do it I suppose. You will definitely gain with that plan. But a lot will be BF%. No biggie, that's what a cutting cycle/plan is for.

So how are you getting all those calories? Cleanly? or is it just pretty much anything on the plate?

Problem for me, if I were to eat that many calories clean, I don't think my stomach could hold all the volume

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    ^well, that's one way to do it I suppose. You will definitely gain with that plan. But a lot will be BF%. No biggie, that's what a cutting cycle/plan is for.

So how are you getting all those calories? Cleanly? or is it just pretty much anything on the plate?

Problem for me, if I were to eat that many calories clean, I don't think my stomach could hold all the volume
    Liquids make up a large part of it. Couldn't do it without them. Typical daily diet for me would include: 2 bananas, 2 cups of oats, 4 Tbsp. natural PB, one footlong meatball marinara on wheat with provolone cheese, 4 slices (half pizza) large Papa John's original crust cheese pizza with grilled chicken, 64 oz. no sugar added fruit juice (960 calories), 1 gallon of whole milk. Apple slices throughout the day to snack on which also help me get more fiber in.

I'm on Tren and my appetite isn't all that hot. It's expensive and sucks at times but it could always be far worse. If I go under 6000 calories a day I'll lose weight. I get plenty of micronutrients and fiber from the fruits and oats so it isn't all that bad for me. No way I could make those calories up with chicken, broccoli, rice, oats, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Succor View Post
    Liquids make up a large part of it. Couldn't do it without them. Typical daily diet for me would include: 2 bananas, 2 cups of oats, 4 Tbsp. natural PB, one footlong meatball marinara on wheat with provolone cheese, 4 slices (half pizza) large Papa John's original crust cheese pizza with grilled chicken, 64 oz. no sugar added fruit juice (960 calories), 1 gallon of whole milk. Apple slices throughout the day to snack on which also help me get more fiber in.

I'm on Tren and my appetite isn't all that hot. It's expensive and sucks at times but it could always be far worse. If I go under 6000 calories a day I'll lose weight. I get plenty of micronutrients and fiber from the fruits and oats so it isn't all that bad for me. No way I could make those calories up with chicken, broccoli, rice, oats, etc.
    but the weight you lose won't have anything to do with muscle fiber, and everything to do with food throughput and intestinal volume.

doesn't all that milk bother you? it does me, even when I take "Lactaide"

but the weight you lose won't have anything to do with muscle fiber, and everything to do with food throughput and intestinal volume.

doesn't all that milk bother you? it does me, even when I take "Lactaide"
    Yes sir I know. My weight fluctuates a lot. I'll be around 210 the day after working out and the day after that stepping foot on the scale in the morning after waking I'll be 215. I train in a powerlifting workout (squat, bench press, deadlift, accessory work when/if seen as necessary) style as opposed to bodybuilding so as long as I'm gaining strength while working my way towards hovering around the 220 pound weight class I'm fine with that.

Not really, fortunately. The taste gets to me often but I'll just switch to chocolate milk if that happens. Once chocolate milk gets old I'll switch back to white. I've never had issues with digesting milk but since I'm bulking and eating that amount of calories you can imagine I visit the bathroom pretty often. At the end of the day, it just is what it is. I wish I could be "normal" as do most of us probably but the constant urge to keep getting stronger and bigger gets me out of bed in the morning. Everybody needs some sort of inspiration in life. Much respect for you still being big in the game at your age.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I say 75% of the time I do, maybe 80%

Wish I could do more, but I drink too often & wind up eating out

Love to see how I'd progress if I go quite a bit closer to a 100%

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I say 75% of the time I do, maybe 80%

Wish I could do more, but I drink too often & wind up eating out

Love to see how I'd progress if I go quite a bit closer to a 100%
    I HATE drinking too often the next day when I go to the gym. I drank last night, and surprisingly, did pretty good on all my routines. Back's a little sore, but has nothing to do with the drinking....

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I HATE drinking too often the next day when I go to the gym. I drank last night, and surprisingly, did pretty good on all my routines. Back's a little sore, but has nothing to do with the drinking....

I just feel too trashy, my workouts suffer & it's what makes me eat crappy. I just say "might as well eat crappy too".

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    been hitting my macros pretty well the last few months. well within 10%. most days within 2-3% id bet..

^ I believe you. good progress, and at "our" age too.

damn! I somehow let the eating slide today. 8pm for dinner, and then decided to see how much I had to eat to hit my macros.

Needed:
    20 oz. Lamb
    2 cups ravioli
    2 cups veggies

Actually ate:
    15 oz lamb
    1.25 cups ravioli
    1 cup veggies

here is the results of todays consumption

(missed it by "that" much!)

Short:
    357 calories
    42 grams of protein

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	81 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	151457

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    On cycle, I was weighing, measuring and hitting them 5 out of 7 days. On the weekend, I had a cheat day and one where I tried to hit them, but didn't actually count them. Right now I'm injured and can't train and my motivation is crap. I'm losing mass; and I really need to get back to counting.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Hard to say. I'll do great for weeks, even a month or 2 within 10%; then I have a shitty week and kinda loose focus before getting back on the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    Hard to say. I'll do great for weeks, even a month or 2 within 10%; then I have a shitty week and kinda loose focus before getting back on the wagon.
    and it is usually alcohol that triggers it for me. Keep the booze away, and I stay focused like a razor...
    ...pretty hard though, when your buddies come over with a bottle of the good stuff

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    and it is usually alcohol that triggers it for me. Keep the booze away, and I stay focused like a razor...
    ...pretty hard though, when your buddies come over with a bottle of the good stuff

My wife is the one that throws me off. She has a way of talking me into dining out; not very hard for her when she can leverage BJ's for bad food...

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria

My wife is the one that throws me off. She has a way of talking me into dining out; not very hard for her when she can leverage BJ's for bad food...
    Lmfao that'll getcha every time
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Depends on my goals. Cutting? I hit them 98% of the time. Building? 85-90% maintaining? Right around 90-95%. I eat oatmeal, chicken rice / sweet potatoes and veg pretty much everyday. Boring? Yeah but it also keeping the cravings away. I just adjust the amount I eat according to goals. When I'm building I'll be a little less restrictive than I am maintaining than I am cutting. It also helps to date competitors who watch everything they put in their mouths.

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i hit them on the nose today 40 pro/ 35 carb/ 25 fats

during the week i try my best to hit them, it is the alcohol that gets in my way!

Thread Information