Thread: Tell me...

Nij
    Nij is offline Junior Member

Tell me...

Why do you guys take steroids ?

Let me be more specific...
    I am 18, and have been lurking these forums for about a year now. I'm natural currently, and plan on staying natural for the foreseeable future. That being said, the reason I use these forums is simply because I feel you guys are more intelligent, have more experience, and quite a few of you have been around the block a few times. Thanks to you guys, I've gone from fat to fit naturally, and have picked up this lifestyle of training and dieting. It's addicting, I will admit. Looking in the mirror week-after-week, seeing your body change is a feeling that nothing else compares to, at least in my eyes.

That being said, I have thought of taking my body to the next level, and have decided to hold off for some time, however I am curious as to why most of you decided to make the jump?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Waited until I was nearly 39. Started cycling after my natural testosterone was below 170 (and I had never cycled or used any pro hormones before hand). The decision was mediated mostly by my desire to increase muscle tone, lean out, and increase my testosterone levels . I was working out consistently for 5 1/5 years though before I started a cycle.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I was overweight and extremely out of shape so I started working out and lost 55 lbs by dieting and living on the treadmill but half of what I lost was muscle. I hired a trainer and started lifting and quickly became addicted to the lifestyle. I found out I had low t levels and started cycling at 40 years old. I have always had an addictive personality so the more my body changes the more I become obsessed with improving it. I will be honest I am 43 and no doubt the best shape I have ever been in my life.

Nij
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Waited until I was nearly 39. Started cycling after my natural testosterone was below 170 (and I had never cycled or used any pro hormones before hand). The decision was mediated mostly by my desire to increase muscle tone, lean out, and increase my testosterone levels. I was working out consistently for 5 1/5 years though before I started a cycle.
    So basically just for cosmetics? Was it difficult waiting that long?

Nij
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I was overweight and extremely out of shape so I started working out and lost 55 lbs by dieting and living on the treadmill but half of what I lost was muscle. I hired a trainer and started lifting and quickly became addicted to the lifestyle. I found out I had low t levels and started cycling at 40 years old. I have always had an addictive personality so the more my body changes the more I become obsessed with improving it. I will be honest I am 43 and no doubt the best shape I have ever been in my life.
    THAT'S AWESOME! It's a beautiful thing, this lifestyle.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    The only thing I regret is not finding this forum earlier and doing more research before starting to cycle. I have made the same mistake that a lot of members here have made and that is listening to my "friends" about how to run a cycle.

Nij
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    The only thing I regret is not finding this forum earlier and doing more research before starting to cycle. I have made the same mistake that a lot of members here have made and that is listening to my "friends" about how to run a cycle.
    If I hadn't read the threads on here about the young and steroids , I probably would have done a cycle or two by now. It's safe to say I've learned a lot just by lurking on here haha.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was intrigued by the performance enhancing effects initially but I always liked being strong and in shape. After over a decade of research and training I took the plunge at 23 and a half. I was more than ready and had full confidence in what I was doing. I'm 31 now and have loved every part of it, sometimes I wonder if I would be so successful with women if I didn't have an absolute alpha attitude that I have developed along with AAS.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nij View Post
    Why do you guys take steroids ?

Let me be more specific...
    I am 18, and have been lurking these forums for about a year now. I'm natural currently, and plan on staying natural for the foreseeable future. That being said, the reason I use these forums is simply because I feel you guys are more intelligent, have more experience, and quite a few of you have been around the block a few times. Thanks to you guys, I've gone from fat to fit naturally, and have picked up this lifestyle of training and dieting. It's addicting, I will admit. Looking in the mirror week-after-week, seeing your body change is a feeling that nothing else compares to, at least in my eyes.

That being said, I have thought of taking my body to the next level, and have decided to hold off for some time, however I am curious as to why most of you decided to make the jump?
    There is actually an interview section where members questions were answered. This area is covered extensively and is an interesting read.

*The Official Interview Thread*

Nij
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I was intrigued by the performance enhancing effects initially but I always liked being strong and in shape. After over a decade of research and training I took the plunge at 23 and a half. I was more than ready and had full confidence in what I was doing. I'm 31 now and have loved every part of it, sometimes I wonder if I would be so successful with women if I didn't have an absolute alpha attitude that I have developed along with AAS.
    I can only imagine what they do to you mentally. Not in a bad way, but how your confidence skyrockets after a first cycle.

Nij
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    There is actually an interview section where members questions were answered. This area is covered extensively and is an interesting read.

*The Official Interview Thread*
    Thanks! I didn't even see that.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I was a fool. I did it becasue it was the thing to do and girls liked jacked guys. I looked great early 20's and spent late 20's in and out of relationships bc I didnt want to bang ever. Suffered from 27-32 until I started TRT.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    They fvck u mentally when you come off ...time off is like your lifeless. When your on. ..it feels like you can do anything and is euphoric. Choose wisely my friend.

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    "Sucessful with women". Hahahahaha, funniest joke I've heard all day!!!!!

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So basically just for cosmetics? Was it difficult waiting that long?
    No, not at all. I had very different priorities (first, medical school, then business school). Having a good career and education was my priority. How I looked to other people was rarely a concern - how I felt about myself (physically and mentally) were far more important. I worked out while I went to school but training and nutrition took a back seat to my education and career opportunities.

Once my education was out of the way and my career well on its way, I turned my attention to better fitness and nutrition. I haven't achieved the goals I want but I am closer everyday and for me, this will always be a long term commitment, not a short term goal.

Nij
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    I was a fool. I did it becasue it was the thing to do and girls liked jacked guys. I looked great early 20's and spent late 20's in and out of relationships bc I didnt want to bang ever. Suffered from 27-32 until I started TRT.
    The things that you did throughout your early 20s, was it worth it? Do the positives outweigh the negatives in your opinion?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nij

The things that you did throughout your early 20s, was it worth it? Do the positives outweigh the negatives in your opinion?
    Ill tell you this..... When you hit 30 you have a new perspective. You finally understand WHY you should wait. No matter how mature you THINK you are..... You'll hit a new level when you're older.

Its best to wait and you will be glad you did. When you do things correctly with the proper knowledge.... And preparation..... Your gains will be two fold. Its all about "now" when you're young and that's the problem. Believe me when I tell you..... The girls will be there, the bars will be there, and the beach will be there when your older. The shit you do at 21 will be a blip on your radar and by the time you're older..... You'll have forgotten about the day you looked jacked on the beach. Unless ofcoarse you suffer from low t or other issues because you didnt want to wait.

Just my .02
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    A lot of fun but also caused a lot of issues. I could have done the same shit without juice

Nij
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Ill tell you this..... When you hit 30 you have a new perspective. You finally understand WHY you should wait. No matter how mature you THINK you are..... You'll hit a new level when you're older.

Its best to wait and you will be glad you did. When you do things correctly with the proper knowledge.... And preparation..... Your gains will be two fold. Its all about "now" when you're young and that's the problem. Believe me when I tell you..... The girls will be there, the bars will be there, and the beach will be there when your older. The shit you do at 21 will be a blip on your radar and by the time you're older..... You'll have forgotten about the day you looked jacked on the beach. Unless ofcoarse you suffer from low t or other issues because you didnt want to wait.

Just my .02
    It's responses like this that remind me why these forums trump the rest

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nij

It's responses like this that remind me why these forums trump the rest
    It's the truth..... I'm experiencing it now. I've been on the forums for a while..... I've been to a few different forums and always thought of this place my "home" so to speak. As I learned, matured, and realized I could help someone who started like me..... I began offering more advice. I'm not in the steroid forum as much lately but ill start getting back in there. There are a ton of guys here who are knowledgable and willing to help too..... It's a great community.

With that said..... Repay the place you learned from. When you have a true understanding..... Help someone like they helped you. This is why many stay here.....
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I did my first cycle at 29 because I couldn't gain any muscle, at 6'6" 212lbs at 7%bf I was too skinny so I went on an 8 month blast/cruise and got up to a lean 260. I still wasn't mature enough because I ended up getting lost in the party scene for a while. I started my current cycle because at 42 I was having issues with stamina and recovery in the gym, and I wanted to see if I could get back my body I had at 30. I can loose fat very easy, but never have been able to put on lean mass, even with a spot on diet and training regimen. Keep at it naturally and when in your 30's see if this is the path you want to take, done right it can be great, done wrong can mess you up bad.

Thread Information