Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Should Humanity Try to Contact Intelligent Aliens?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    That would be awesome..... But we need a pretend big dude with 10" stiletto shoes to play the actual terminator :-)
    I'm thinking Tom Cruise? I mean he pretends to be a big dude in all his movies....

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_1978 View Post
    Maybe we have nothing of significant value to them but then again, as it has been shown in films, it could be a scenario where they need something as simple as water or food. I'm more inclined to think they've already visited for reconnaissance purposes and our planet is simply unsuitable to sustain life for them.
    all comets have water, and are plentiful. the moon has water, mars has water. water is plentiful. And let them eat Soylent Green. Made by Purina People Chow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_1978 View Post
    Furthermore, the U.S government has been 'researching' on anti-gravity propulsion technology since the 1950s.. Some believe this is merely a cover up for black projects solely intended to back engineer alien crafts. I think we can we see how successful the U.S military have been in the development of military aircraft with the likes of the stealth bomber and the SR-71 blackbird - still unmatched to this day in terms of capabilities.

Which begs the question. Are we being misled by our governments? Are aliens a reality?

You've probably guessed I'm a real geek on subjects like this!
    Anti Gravity? We don't even know if gravity is a cause or an effect. Is there a gravitational particle or wave? Or is it merely a by product of matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    I would like to be the first to engage in intergalactic sex.
    I know an Alien chic. Want her Skype number?

Quote Originally Posted by trikydik View Post
    We have been beaming signals into outter space for almost 100 years. Every television program, cell phone call, radar signal from the military or airports. It is all broadcast out into space.

So if aliens arrived here what are the most likely occurances?
    1. Alien probe to check us out - we do this.. Mars rovers, Pioneer 1 & 2.... Probe comes in checks everything out ... may or may not stick around... after all we are sentient life... why not watch
    2. Alien ship arrives... may or may not contact us... our language is primative. Our communication methods (radio waves) are incredibly primative... Their arrival may be a form of communication....
    2a. They are friendly.. helps poor population grow food... gives minor energy tech.....
    2b. They are not friendly... want to conquer and enslave... some portions of mankind will help... Happened witht he Jews during the Holocaust... Africans during the slave trade... Indians during the European invasion of the Western Hemisphere.... not much we can do here...
    2c. Hostile and they wipe us out.... WHY? We pose no thrreat to them... Rampaging aliens are unlikely... too much energy expended for so little gain
    2d. They need supplies... Again WHY? water is common in the solar system and on other worlds... there is 1000% more metals in asteroids than on Earth...
    2e. Need a new home.... WHY again... Each sun in the Galaxy has at least 1 planet around it (unless it is a wandering star) This means their are billions of planets for them to live on... If they can travel in space, they have the technology and can fix planets cheaper...

So I say be brave... see if some advanced alien civilization can even detect our puny primative communications.... What is the worst that can happen?
    True, we have been broadcasting radio signals for almost a hundred. But it is Omni directional, and with all the different channels, it would seem to me to be so much static, without anyone's real ability to zoom in and focus on any specific channel. If you aimed a radio telescope at us from a few light years back, we would show up bright like a small star, in that particular wave length.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    We cannot get along with each other on this planet. How the hell would we be able to with aliens? If I were an intelligent Alien I would stay far away from Planet Earth.
    Hey, I know. Let's all go to Italy on some mountain top, hold hands and sing "We are the world". That should fix the problem.

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trikydik View Post
    We have been beaming signals into outter space for almost 100 years. Every television program, cell phone call, radar signal from the military or airports. It is all broadcast out into space.

So if aliens arrived here what are the most likely occurances?
    1. Alien probe to check us out - we do this.. Mars rovers, Pioneer 1 & 2.... Probe comes in checks everything out ... may or may not stick around... after all we are sentient life... why not watch
    2. Alien ship arrives... may or may not contact us... our language is primative. Our communication methods (radio waves) are incredibly primative... Their arrival may be a form of communication....
    2a. They are friendly.. helps poor population grow food... gives minor energy tech.....
    2b. They are not friendly... want to conquer and enslave... some portions of mankind will help... Happened witht he Jews during the Holocaust... Africans during the slave trade... Indians during the European invasion of the Western Hemisphere.... not much we can do here...
    2c. Hostile and they wipe us out.... WHY? We pose no thrreat to them... Rampaging aliens are unlikely... too much energy expended for so little gain
    2d. They need supplies... Again WHY? water is common in the solar system and on other worlds... there is 1000% more metals in asteroids than on Earth...
    2e. Need a new home.... WHY again... Each sun in the Galaxy has at least 1 planet around it (unless it is a wandering star) This means their are billions of planets for them to live on... If they can travel in space, they have the technology and can fix planets cheaper...

So I say be brave... see if some advanced alien civilization can even detect our puny primative communications.... What is the worst that can happen?
    Interesting post, mate.

It's just so difficult to judge how conclusive or useful our attempts at contacting 'alien' are.

However, our knowledge and expertise of the Universe is rudimentary at best. We make theories about space largely based on our concepts of life as we know it - photosynthesis, carbon structures etc. We just don't know if extraterrestrial beings, if they exist, are supported by a totally unique bio-system. Water may be abundant within our solar system, but who's to say there could be a shortage of it elsewhere?

It's frustrating not to know, but I hope we'll find out one day.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'm thinking Tom Cruise? I mean he pretends to be a big dude in all his movies....

all comets have water, and are plentiful. the moon has water, mars has water. water is plentiful. And let them eat Soylent Green. Made by Purina People Chow.

Anti Gravity? We don't even know if gravity is a cause or an effect. Is there a gravitational particle or wave? Or is it merely a by product of matter?

I know an Alien chic. Want her Skype number?

True, we have been broadcasting radio signals for almost a hundred. But it is Omni directional, and with all the different channels, it would seem to me to be so much static, without anyone's real ability to zoom in and focus on any specific channel. If you aimed a radio telescope at us from a few light years back, we would show up bright like a small star, in that particular wave length.

Hey, I know. Let's all go to Italy on some mountain top, hold hands and sing "We are the world". That should fix the problem.
    nope I got a better Idea instead of singing we are the world lets all sing this instead...

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Here is the lesser known remake of that song!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^ That's just wrong. I like it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information