Thread: What a Bitch!

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

What a Bitch!

When Lionel Messi and the rest of the Argentine World Cup team got home from Brazil, likely dejected after their loss, their president dealt them another cruel blow.

"As you know, I'm no soccer fan," said President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, while standing next to Messi and Argentina manager Alejandro Sabella. "I didn't see a single match, not even the one yesterday (on Sunday). Even so, I called Alejandro (Sabella) because for me, and for 40 million Argentines, they had won the match."

Brutal.

It was widely publicized that Fernandez de Kirchner would not attend the match in neighboring Brazil because of a throat ailment, but to not even watch?! Cold.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Politically in Latin America...once you associate with a loser you get a stigma. Avoiding the most popular sport is smart in this case in my opinion.

If you have ever been to Argentina you also know they do not need to be playing football..they need to be building sewers and streets through the slums.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yes but to shun your own nation's team...Even if I hated the sport, I would at least watch it if my country's team was playing... For those in the US can remember the 1980 Lake Placid hockey game again the Soviet Union!

not politically savvy but shows her character...

Thread Information