Like Tree23Likes

Thread: gym rant.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    You live in Australia, right?
    Sure do

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I was at the gym thurs night. crowded. I'm at the hammer pull down station, finish a set, put my shaker cup on the frame, and go get a paper towel to wipe the sweat off my brow. I come back, and some twenty something male is doing reps on my machine. I stand there, quietly, and when he finishes, he sees me and says did he take my spot? I say yes, but go ahead and finish, no worries. Trying to be a gentleman. So the kid does two more sets, and then spins around in the seat and is now facing the other way ready to begin a new routine. I'm like, mate, you're starting a new routine? I was in the middle of mine when you cut in line, then I give him a look of disapproval. He gets the point and splits.

How could he have not seen my shaker cup?
    I always leave my water bottle and a towel and sometimes my gym bag.
    Some butt holes have no gym etiquette.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Gym rant for tonight. WTF is up with guys sitting in the locker room doing nothing but shooting the sh*t? Ive seen in a few times now. Tonight these 2 guys, one sitting on a bench and the other on the sink area when I first got there and they are still there when I finished.. Another 2 came in and were both sitting at another sink area just BSing. Really? Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Gym rant for tonight. WTF is up with guys sitting in the locker room doing nothing but shooting the sh*t? Ive seen in a few times now. Tonight these 2 guys, one sitting on a bench and the other on the sink area when I first got there and they are still there when I finished.. Another 2 came in and were both sitting at another sink area just BSing. Really? Is this normal?
    Is it an area where people want to do things or get changed in direct view?
    frighteous likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Is it an area where people want to do things or get changed in direct view?
    Yes, it's right where the lockers are and you have to walk through to the showers. I was thinking the same thing, maybe they are just checking out what is swinging? Either way it's just weird.

Yes, it's right where the lockers are and you have to walk through to the showers. I was thinking the same thing, maybe they are just checking out what is swinging? Either way it's just weird.
    That is strange, quite a place to sit around and talk shit lol, we have couches for that at my gym.

That is strange, quite a place to sit around and talk shit lol, we have couches for that at my gym.
    I'm pretty sure there are probably couches somewhere also. We have plenty of desks, chairs and wide open areas for stretching or just hanging around. Inside the locker room just seems weird. I mean go up on a couple of bikes or treadmills and walk while you talk.
    BG likes this.

OK I have another rant for tonight. It's funny now that I have to go to a commercial gym I have something to rant about. lol

OK why is it that when I go (typically late in the evening) and there is almost no one in the locker room I still make sure to choose a locker that is away from other people and I also look to see if there are any locks on the lockers near mine, showing they are in use but when I come back to change or get ready for a shower it's inevitable that there will be someone using the locker right above or to the left or right of my locker so I have to wait for them to finish before I can get into mine.

Dont other people bother to try not to use a locker right next to someone else especially if there are 3 bays and like 150 lockers? Is it just Murphy's law? Do people choose to be next to someone else on purpose or subconsciously?

I'm really starting to think I need to stop leaving my phone in the locker room also because some of these guys are just to good not to video. One guy tonight was swinging so much with 100% every curl his back must be sore tomorrow. Out of 3 or 4 sets I did not see even 1 decent curl. I'm not exaggerating and I dont mean a little swing, I mean full blown comical swinging.

LMAO

I think people are just not as bright, and don't think about those simple things that can make life more pleasant, it's like standing close to the dumbbells, why not start by taking a few steps back so people can get to the dumbbells. The thought just doesn't occur to them.

There was a bloke at my gym swinging like crazy today too, except with upright rows, he grabbed the heaviest fixed barbell on the rack, and basically did a hang clean without catching the bar on his shoulders, and some extra lumbar extension to lower his torso far enough to make up for the weight he couldn't lift.

I see the dude around all the time, I've seen him 30+ times doing chest, once doing legs and doing shoulders for the first time today.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    I call the swinging bicep curl people in the gym earth worm jim lol
    lovbyts likes this.

LMAO

I think people are just not as bright, and don't think about those simple things that can make life more pleasant, it's like standing close to the dumbbells, why not start by taking a few steps back so people can get to the dumbbells. The thought just doesn't occur to them.

There was a bloke at my gym swinging like crazy today too, except with upright rows, he grabbed the heaviest fixed barbell on the rack, and basically did a hang clean without catching the bar on his shoulders, and some extra lumbar extension to lower his torso far enough to make up for the weight he couldn't lift.

I see the dude around all the time, I've seen him 30+ times doing chest, once doing legs and doing shoulders for the first time today.
    Yeah most people are just clueless. It's like the people who walk into a store and stop in the doorway to look and decide where they want to go without considering the people behind them also trying to get in. Sometimes you just want to slap them upside the back of the head and say get the fvck out of the way like their parents should have when they were little.

Ha I like the earthworm metaphor, it fits.

Here is a pretty good example of what the guy was doing tonight except he was standing and doing it faster with of course a lot more body swing.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Its a great way to describe them as it looks like as if they have no spine from the wriggling they do lol

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Annoying lady (on cell phone) loudly talking next to me the entire time while doing cardio today. I came close to exploding on her, but I knew if I did it would make the rest of workout weird and put me in an angry mood for the day.

While she is chatting my ear off next to me, two dopes in front of me were just standing there bs'ing for 15 minutes in front of a machine. Both goofy looking one with dreads and tattoos the other with shaved head and dumb tattoos on his neck and stupid places. Both clueless. They looked more like they were at a concert then gym to work.

Between these two situations I really wanted to yell at them both.

Some gyms have no standards. There's my rant for the day.
    Last edited by jesse4466; 10-21-2014 at 04:13 PM.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I train at 430-5am, douche bags don't typically get up that early, lol.
    tcw likes this.

OK something else Ive noticed every time I have been at the commercial gym. How/Why do people leave their shorts in the shower or hanging next to it. No they are not there to dry while they are changing. I see them when I get there and when I am leaving.

It's not just once or twice but there is at least one set of short if not 2 or 3 every time.

I think I have someone who is trying to interrupt my workouts and distract me also. 2x now a girl, late teens, early 20s, good shape & Asian of course; has come into the free weight area and decided to do curls right next to me, almost in front of me.

Usually I'm not distracted easily but this is just not playing fair...

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    I am going to rant; I am sick of people who train soft, do a set, take a picture or video if themselves in the gym every set, every time; for **** sake just train, dont stand there talking, ****en train; and don't stare at me because I grunt or train hard .....end rant

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    OK something else Ive noticed every time I have been at the commercial gym. How/Why do people leave their shorts in the shower or hanging next to it. No they are not there to dry while they are changing. I see them when I get there and when I am leaving.

It's not just once or twice but there is at least one set of short if not 2 or 3 every time.

I think I have someone who is trying to interrupt my workouts and distract me also. 2x now a girl, late teens, early 20s, good shape & Asian of course; has come into the free weight area and decided to do curls right next to me, almost in front of me.

Usually I'm not distracted easily but this is just not playing fair...
    Need a training partner?

Here's something, today I see this young girl and her (I'm guessing) older brother or something. He clearly had no idea what he was doing, walking around aimlessly doing some stretching or whatever, while the girl is doing some box jumps waiting for guidance from him.

He walks over to the bench with her and sits down to show her how to bench, puts his feet up like he's going to hold them in the air, then crosses them and relaxes them, like a child when they sit in front of their teacher and are told to cross their legs.

He gets her on the bench and she has her legs on the ground (thank god) he puts a 5kg weight on each side and gets her to try and lift it, elbows flared and she can't get 1 rep, he barely helps her grind out the rep practically to failure, racks it then they rest and do it again in a couple of minutes.

To top it off, they finished with the bench and left the weights on it.

At least she could have done the whole legs crossed thing especially if she was wearing shorts.
    Khazima and hawk14dl like this.

OK this needed a bump.

Do any of you who go to your local gym and not just work out in your personal basement or gym room, that would be dungeon a dungeon for some of you out there. do you EVER no see someone doing something just stupid or something you shake your head at?

I go at different times of the day and it doesnt seem to matter what time it is there is always someone doing something strange, funny or worthless. Today for example not only was it the usually swinging while doing curls and still only getting 30% of bicep movement, if that but there was a guy who was eating what looked like rice, maybe with chicken in the locker room right after working out. Really? I mean he was in no way big, probably 20% bf so does he think he was trying to bulk and waiting another 15 minutes would have hurt in some way?

I mean OK find if you have a shake prepared or something or keep your food out in the car buy why in hell would you want to eat in the locker room while wearing a towel (thank god for small favors).

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    You mean like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3657609585.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	248.8 KB 
ID:	155338

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    The swing arm curl is a gym rook fave man

I mean look, I can lift as much as the big guy - well, sorta - kinda

I see some dumb shit almost daily, we have a couple people that are, well, special. Then there are a couple that really think they are doing shit proper, but not even close. I pick and choose who I give advice to, I can usually tell who will listen and who already knows everything.

Today I advised a mother daughter team on bench technique, grip width and foot placement. They listen and appreciate the tips, but some just look at you wit ha GFY look.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Today I advised a mother daughter team on bench technique, grip width and foot placement.

I'd teach em' a whole another technique - along with grip width for sure

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post

I'd teach em' a whole another technique - along with grip width for sure
    Hahaha. You know I was thinking the same thing od course.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Every damned day. Just yesterday I saw a skinny guy load up the leg press. He lifts it off the catch and proceeds to do his leg press. Funny part is he doesn't go lower than the catch is. He could leave it in place and do the 1 inch press he's doing. Or the guy today on the donkey calf machine doing what I think are quarter squats because he surely isn't working those calves. I was also blown away by the trainer that had his client curling in a bosu ball. Lots of stupid stuff at my gum to keep me entertained.

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.

OK my rant for today. Honest I try not to look but it's difficult when there is a tall skinny/lanky nerdy looking guy doing mostly nothing and then he goes over and grabs a 75 lb dumbbell and lays down on a bench and proceeds to do one are flat bench moving it 3 to 4 inches only. Really???

Then another guy using the hack squat with his face planted in the cushion awkwardly squatting. Yes some of the hack squat machines are made to do it both ways, not this one... Then he proceeds to use a 45 lbs weight bending at the waist from 90 to standing using 5% legs movement. Talk about TRYING to throw your back out.

I was at the bar the other day to see a buddy during the afternoon. This group of loud annoying guys came in and after a short time one guy drops to the floor and proceeds to do pushups. Another guy is counting, slowly I might add, finally got to 12 and the tool doing the pushups was making all kinds of noise like he just did 100 or more. He went to stand up and fell forward almost into the back of my chair, grunting like he he just did a super grueling set. I couldn't help but think, what the fuk are you doing? 12, really, 12 fuking pushups and you can't even stand up after? Then I hear them talking about working out, I can only imagine what these fuktards are doing in the gym. Sometimes I am ashamed to be a human, some people are just too much to comprehend.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    It gets annoying when hot women constantly come up to me and feel me up.

Just yesterday 3 women came up to me after my first set of the workout and started feeling me up and it lead to a four-way. I was too tired to finish the workout after.
    RaginCajun and Honkey_Kong like this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    It gets annoying when hot women constantly come up to me and feel me up. Just yesterday 3 women came up to me after my first set of the workout and started feeling me up and it lead to a four-way. I was too tired to finish the workout after.
    my wife gets so mad about that. I just tell her it's not there fault and they just cannot help themselves
    RaginCajun likes this.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    RaginCajun likes this.

Ok now I feel privileged. Do any of you remember fireguy and his wife? They both do the bb circuit. He and wife have won many competitions.

I went to one competition they were in like 5 years ago. He IM'd me and said he saw me at the gym but was with a client. He will say hi next time. Now I know to keep an eye out.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Ok now I feel privileged. Do any of you remember fireguy and his wife? They both do the bb circuit. He and wife have won many competitions.

I went to one competition they were in like 5 years ago. He IM'd me and said he saw me at the gym but was with a client. He will say hi next time. Now I know to keep an eye out.
    yeah man, i wish he was still around! very knowledgeable guy!

tell him to get back here!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    yeah man, i wish he was still around! very knowledgeable guy! tell him to get back here!
    I see him posting in other forums recently

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

I see him posting in other forums recently
    Why are you in other forums? ??
    Last edited by lovbyts; 02-18-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Whatever happened to AD

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Why are you in other forms? ??
    Nooooo. In forums other then lounge!!!! He's been in the hgh and peptide sub forum and maybe in lifting forum but I have seen him post on this board recently...like last weekend.

This is how rumors start!!!!
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 02-17-2015 at 07:03 PM.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    GGR is cheating on us.

Yes, I remember fireguy. Very knowledgeable and helpful member.

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    GGR is cheating on us. Yes, I remember fireguy. Very knowledgeable and helpful member.
    Yeah. U drag my ass out of the lounge occasionally. Lol

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Yeah. U drag my ass out of the lounge occasionally. Lol
    If I remember right, we're supposed to go out and play pool together sometime in the near future...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information