Thread: Accutane?

musclestack is offline Productive Member

Accutane?

Not sure if this should be here or in the Spa forum, but if it's wrong, Mods, please feel free to move it.

I always get bad acne on cycle. This is the only noticeable negative side effect I get, but it's bad. I have it all over my back and shoulders. I used liquid stane to try and counter this effect, but it doesn't help me at all. I shower twice a day, and have one of those 'brushes' on a handle (forgot what they're called) to reach my back in the shower. I've also used Pantothenic Acid (Vit B5) as suggested by a number of members here for months to no avail. I also wipe my shoulders and other body parts I can reach with Clearasil pads twice a day.

I was thinking about using Accutane. I've used it in the past when I was a teenager, 1 pill everyday. It cleared the acne, but left my skin so tight, dry, and flaky, it almost wasn't worth it. When I complained to my dermatologist about the side effects, he told me to take one pill EOD instead. This helped a lot, and I'm thinking about taking this approach again.

However, I just read through another thread about Accutane/acne, and it seems like a lot of members claim it can have some pretty bad long term negative side effects, although the members that claimed this never mentioned what those negative side effects are. So, to anyone who has used Accutane in the past, could you please fill me in on the cons about it?

Thanks!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I loved accutane when I used it and am not against anyone using it personally. It has to be used with the lowest effective dose.

Every other option should be tried first tho.

Anti-bacterial soap made by Safe Guard - it's sold in Walmart - along with a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream did wonders for me. I don't need accutane anymore. Give it 3-4 days and you should see a difference.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I took Accutane when I was in my early 20's and it was really harsh. I would never want to touch that stuff again. I still get some acne from TRT and when I cycle. I actually have some now on my lower chest and stomach which I've never had before. I have a dermo appointment next week so I will see what he says about it. Very strange.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah accutane can have very bad sides....I have never had bad skin but when on I do breakout like you on the shoulders and back....I used to buy Isotrex and it worked great without having to be digested....my guy quit a couple years ago but if you google search it you should be able to find someone overseas that you can get it from....but as Hazard said I would try all else first

Also I wouldn't take accutane while taking an oral...very liver toxic

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I loved accutane when I used it and am not against anyone using it personally. It has to be used with the lowest effective dose.

Every other option should be tried first tho.

Anti-bacterial soap made by Safe Guard - it's sold in Walmart - along with a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream did wonders for me. I don't need accutane anymore. Give it 3-4 days and you should see a difference.
    Thanks, Hazarad. Will look into these products.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I took Accutane when I was in my early 20's and it was really harsh. I would never want to touch that stuff again. I still get some acne from TRT and when I cycle. I actually have some now on my lower chest and stomach which I've never had before. I have a dermo appointment next week so I will see what he says about it. Very strange.
    Why would you never touch it again?

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL View Post
    Yeah accutane can have very bad sides....I have never had bad skin but when on I do breakout like you on the shoulders and back....I used to buy Isotrex and it worked great without having to be digested....my guy quit a couple years ago but if you google search it you should be able to find someone overseas that you can get it from....but as Hazard said I would try all else first
    What are the sides that you experienced? And thanks for the alternative options. I will look into them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL View Post
    Also I wouldn't take accutane while taking an oral...very liver toxic
    Not a fan of orals anyway. But I am contemplating adding Anavar towards the end of my next cycle. Still a no-no?

I have never taken Anavar so I am not sure....I had sore joints and my skin dried out to the point that I had nose bleeds and the skin peeled off my lips...not pleasant and those are considered mild sides....I believe it can cause kidney and liver failure as well

I would try Isotrex simply because you spare your body the ordeal of ingesting the substance and its active ingredient is the same as accutane

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The major dry skin was terrible. The skin on my lips was peeling off along with my ears. To this day my lips are always dry and I use Chapstick like an addict. My skin got really dry and when I first started it I broke out so bad I didn't even want to leave the house.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    When I ran it I used 40mg/day until I saw very small improvement. I then backed it down to 30mg then 20mg and then 10mg.

It's a strong compound and does work but the dryness sucks. To help with that I tapered the dosage down as my skin cleared up. I Wasnt trying to shut my oil glands down permanently like the docs do with the script for the stuff. I just wanted to clear up to a point where I Wasnt embarrassed.

A couple things to remember while using the stuff.....

- moisturize..... Especially those lips
    - don't wax any hair..... Especially eye brows
    - don't go tanning and try to avoid long exposure to the sun
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Thread Information