Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Low cholesterol

  1. #1
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093

    Low cholesterol

    I had my annual health assessment from work yesterday. They pricked my finger to check my cholesterol. My total cholesterol came back at 146, which they consider 'very desirable'. However, my HDL (good cholesterol) came back at 18!! The technician advised me that I need more healthy fats in my diet, i.e. avocado, fish oil caps, etc. I eat 4 tbsp of all natty PB, along with 1 pound of 93/7 beef every day. Why is my good cholesterol so low? My two coworkers came back much better than mine, and they don't even diet like I do! Is there anything, apart from diet, that would cause this to be so low? I would say my diet is far better than 95% of America; it just doesn't make sense!

  2. #2
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    I had my annual health assessment from work yesterday. They pricked my finger to check my cholesterol. My total cholesterol came back at 146, which they consider 'very desirable'. However, my HDL (good cholesterol) came back at 18!! The technician advised me that I need more healthy fats in my diet, i.e. avocado, fish oil caps, etc. I eat 4 tbsp of all natty PB, along with 1 pound of 93/7 beef every day. Why is my good cholesterol so low? My two coworkers came back much better than mine, and they don't even diet like I do! Is there anything, apart from diet, that would cause this to be so low? I would say my diet is far better than 95% of America; it just doesn't make sense!
    Are u on cycle?
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  3. #3
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Are u on cycle?
    Yes. On week 8 of 500mg Test E per week and 100mg Anavar ED, which I began 9 days ago. Also using 500iu HCG per week and 25mg Aromasin ED.

    Do you think it would cause that great of a drop in my cholesterol?

  4. #4
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    What AI are you using? That can mess with you numbers big-time

  5. #5
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    What AI are you using? That can mess with you numbers big-time
    Aromasin at 25mg ED.

  6. #6
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Yes. On week 8 of 500mg Test E per week and 100mg Anavar ED, which I began 9 days ago. Also using 500iu HCG per week and 25mg Aromasin ED.

    Do you think it would cause that great of a drop in my cholesterol?
    on cycle these numbers always go to shit, especially HDL. and anavar has allot to do with it, especially at that dose.

  7. #7
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Thanks guys, that clears things up for me.

  8. #8
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    Peanut (butter) oil isn't that great, and beef fat doesn't help.
    You need monounsaturated oil to boost HDL, like olive oil.
    And yeah, anavar is the worst thing ever for lipids.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •