BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

Back again with Prostate questions ?

My PSA was normal before beginning TRT ? And since I started in Oct of 2012 it has been on the rise ? It stayed about 6 for a couple of years . I had it tested this past Jan 12th 2015 and it was 14+ I know that is danger zone and the Dr. said

" This could be due to your Testosterone supplements that you take and may relate to prostate enlargement . But prostate cancer is also a possibility . My feeling is you should stop hormone supplements until you can be properly evaluated which may include a prostate biopsy."

I have my private MD Dr. that scripts me the TRT and does BW. The VA Dr. that suggested this does my physicals has always been negative TRT as in never even necessary . I wondered why I should stop taking the Testosterone to have my prostate evaluated and a biopsy done ? Would the biopsy not show positive for cancer on or off Testosterone ?

Would Tren cause PSA to be higher than just Testosterone ?

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-26-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    I just don't trust Dr.'s practicing Med to make a guess at my condition if there are 4 men on here that had similiar concerns ? Hearing from knowledgable men that would interest me as much as what Dr says .

vbguy is offline Junior Member
    I know this sounds weird…… and it 100% may be a conscience, but I've had an inflamed prostate since I've started TRT. They put me on antibiotics and it will simmer down, and then come right back. I just finished my last round of 10 day antibiotics yesterday. This is my 3rd round of antibiotics for this problem.

Don't mean to hi-jack and intrude in your thread I just thought it may conside with your topic or help you in some manner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vbguy View Post
    I know this sounds weird…… and it 100% may be a conscience, but I've had an inflamed prostate since I've started TRT. They put me on antibiotics and it will simmer down, and then come right back. I just finished my last round of 10 day antibiotics yesterday. This is my 3rd round of antibiotics for this problem.

Don't mean to hi-jack and intrude in your thread I just thought it may conside with your topic or help you in some manner.

Thanks for your thoughts ! I am not sure but IMHO higher PSA and TRT go hand in hand ? I am not sure though if it is acceptable to have a PSA level of 14 + And that is what I am hoping someone has had more experience than myself . I do know from my experience that elevated PSA and TRT go hand in hand . I am courious if any other members have the same experience and also concerned if the strong GEAR Tren is also a reason for high PSA ?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is probably best asked in the TRT section since that seems to be the main concern. I get my PSA checked a couple times a year and it's always been normal on TRT and even on cycle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    This is probably best asked in the TRT section since that seems to be the main concern. I get my PSA checked a couple times a year and it's always been normal on TRT and even on cycle.

Wow I did not really want to hear that ? I wondered were to post this and could not decide if Injury and rehab or where so I thought this would be the place ? Thanks for the 411 I am going to repost ! Thanks !

Thread Information