Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think its good for you

1 25.00%
  • I think it is Dangerous

1 25.00%
  • No Clue

1 25.00%
  • It is niether good nor bad. Its the same as drinking regular water.

1 25.00%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tdoe11

Thread: Is Drinking Distilled water dangerous?

DAAS is offline Senior Member

Is Drinking Distilled water dangerous?

So there is a ton of contradicting info on the internet and one I keep hearing about is that either distilled water is good, and can flush your body of toxins or that drinking distilled water will remove minerals from your body and can actually kill you.

Personally I am on the edge because of the arguments made on both sides. My logic would say that it is fine to drink distilled water because I don't think we actually intake much minerals from our water, its mostly in our diet. But im not an expert.

What do you guys think?

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    Drinking distilled water is unhealthy because the minerals have been taken out like calcium, magnesium, iron and your body will not replenish them easily. However, if your supplementing them from another source like vitimins or spring water you should be fine. But why drink it? Cheers!

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Motardpdx View Post
    Drinking distilled water is unhealthy because the minerals have been taken out like calcium, magnesium, iron and your body will not replenish them easily. However, if your supplementing them from another source like vitimins or spring water you should be fine. But why drink it? Cheers!
    Im curious though. How much Iron is in the water we drink? Tap water or bottled water. I really dont think there is much. You'd get more iron from a single bowl of cereal that you would from a few weeks worth of drinking water.
    Last edited by DAAS; 01-28-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I really wouldn't see why you'd want to drink distilled water. Good tasting water has minerals in it.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    At my biz distilled is all I have available other than tap. Me and everyone else there drink it daily. Usually 2 1.5 liter bottles daily for me. It will not hurt you.
    DAAS likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't see how it could hurt you in any way only not as good for you without the minerals but then again I would bet it better for you than most tap water.

My mom use to drink it all the time. I would think reverse osmosis makes tap water pretty close to the same.

Dont forget that when/if you ever add water to your radiator in your car to use distilled water.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I can't see how it could hurt you in any way only not as good for you without the minerals but then again I would bet it better for you than most tap water.

My mom use to drink it all the time. I would think reverse osmosis makes tap water pretty close to the same.

Dont forget that when/if you ever add water to your radiator in your car to use distilled water.
    I just use water from the garden hose. Well half water half coolant. But my car battery on the otherhand, I bought the kind once where I had to fill it with distilled water.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

I just use water from the garden hose. Well half water half coolant. But my car battery on the otherhand, I bought the kind once where I had to fill it with distilled water.
    Thats why it will rust out eventually. Flush it and use distilled water or the pre mix.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Thats why it will rust out eventually. Flush it and use distilled water or the pre mix.
    Eh, by then it'll be somebody else's problem =)

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

Eh, by then it'll be somebody else's problem =)
    Thats not nice... Well nust remember for future reference.

Thread Information