Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 3 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Best tips you got after a separation

Fiskevatten is offline Member

Best tips you got after a separation

So me and the miss took the decision to separate after almost 4 years together. It was solely my decision, not hers.
    The reason was basically that we had love, but we had no "drive" together. Our personalitys didn't match where it needed to match for us to be
    happy together.
    -I am the crazy, open minded, want to travel around the world and be active kind of guy.
    -She is the down to earth girl that wants to work as little as possible and become a mother instead and take care of kids and house.

We tried before and ended up together again/ broke up again. Communication, compromise and the give & take part only worked on some small parts
    for a week and then we ended up at wrong places again...

So time to move on!
    What are your best tips after a break-up to not end up in the (maybe i did wrong) shit again?

PS: YES! I live in Pattaya, so f*ck everything that moves is a very romantic suggestion. But something else would be appreciated^^

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Don't allow yourself to have emotions and rely on other people. Live for your self.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Don't allow yourself to have emotions and rely on other people. Live for your self.
    ^^^ Don't listen to this sociopath. He watches women be raped and does nothing. And when he's not doing that, he's selling drugs to children.

OP, if the heart isn't in it, there is nothing you really can do to save the relationship. It's not fair to you or her to force yourself to stay in a relationship that deep down you really don't want to be in. You can get out there and go banging other broads, but that's not what you want to hear.

I say this, use this opportunity to discover yourself. Do all that traveling and crazy shit you can think of. Life is too short not to. Being tied down in a regular life routine is great for some, but not everybody. And who knows? Maybe down the road you'll get that lifestyle out out of your system and end up back with this same girl?
    marcus300 and Fiskevatten like this.

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The best way to get over one girl is to get on top of another.
    Best advice I ever got and I put it to the test in Pattaya myself.
    Although it's not a 100% cure it does help. Better yet get on 2 or 3 at the same time. The new memories help push out some of the others.
    Euroholic, Mr.BB and Fiskevatten like this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    ^^^ Don't listen to this sociopath. He watches women be raped and does nothing. And when he's not doing that, he's selling drugs to children.

OP, if the heart isn't in it, there is nothing you really can do to save the relationship. It's not fair to you or her to force yourself to stay in a relationship that deep down you really don't want to be in. You can get out there and go banging other broads, but that's not what you want to hear.

I say this, use this opportunity to discover yourself. Do all that traveling and crazy shit you can think of. Life is too short not to. Being tied down in a regular life routine is great for some, but not everybody. And who knows? Maybe down the road you'll get that lifestyle out out of your system and end up back with this same girl?
    Slander

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Agreed,

you did miss out coward in your remarks
    Last edited by marcus300; 02-10-2015 at 08:07 AM.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say to take some time to find yourself, don't rebound into a relationship. I agree with going on somewhat of a fukfest, but no commitments or relationships for a while. Go do some things you want to do and see places you want to see, like mentioned above, life is short, go get it out of your system and enjoy yourself.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    True that! One reason for the break-up was that i didn't like the routine I lived in, wanted to experience more and learn more! Not just have a bbq as the high-light of the weekend...
    Thanks guys!

Well getting laid is a must, it helped me before but that relationship was nearly one year only. And one is never enough!

The annoying shit is that my mind plays tricks. The "gay" stuff like her smell, where she always put her clothes, the dog we had, the food from her is still in the fridge,
    even those damn hairs are left to remind me of her.
    Will head to the beach tmr for some diving, that is always relaxing! And then go for a spree in the night.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ahh dont sweat it, one long dark hair looks just like another when you are in Thailand. lol
    Fiskevatten likes this.

Thread Information